Stevenage Boss Not happy | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stevenage Boss Not happy

I agree with Flaubert, there's no such thing as truth, only perception. I felt that in no way were Stevenage a dirty side, Big and physical, yes, but sadly you need some of that in this league. However they have taken time wasting to a new level. A video of the game would provide a master class in so called 'professional' time wasting. For all his other faults I'm glad the ref and fourth official got this right and Stevenage got their just desserts. A late addition to the teams I now hate the most.

Nov 4, 2012
mervyn":2uf612ka said:
I agree with Flaubert, there's no such thing as truth, only perception. I felt that in no way were Stevenage a dirty side, Big and physical, yes, but sadly you need some of that in this league. However they have taken time wasting to a new level. A video of the game would provide a master class in so called 'professional' time wasting. For all his other faults I'm glad the ref and fourth official got this right and Stevenage got their just desserts. A late addition to the teams I now hate the most.

Didn't see the flying elbows and constant shirt tugging then?

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
PAFC94":22rvtd2y said:
mervyn":22rvtd2y said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PAFC94":3fgxgfd2 said:
mervyn":3fgxgfd2 said:

No

Nov 4, 2012
mervyn":33niwuqc said:
PAFC94":33niwuqc said:
mervyn":33niwuqc said:

No

Not sure what game you were at then.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Bet Alessandra's relieved that black-eye is just a figment of our imagination! As well as the elbows there were a couple of 'through the back' tackles (one by Walton on Harvey).

Oct 23, 2013
Block 12
John Sheridan's comments on his comment about Tyler Harvey;

Whatever he (Westley) is talking about, I haven’t a clue. I don’t listen to what he says.

“He got bullied by Tyler, or something? I don’t know where he is coming from so I wouldn’t even make anything of it.”

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Good to see Sheridan giving such a ludicrous idea the short shrift it deserves.

He's managed to take the pee out of Westley's stupid comment but do so in a way subtle enough not to provoke a flame war. Well played Shez.

Steve.PAFC2012":h01s0ved said:
http://www.thecomet.net/stevenage-fc/westley_hits_out_at_chesterfield_boss_john_sheridan_1_996784

'Saturday was not the first time Sheridan had upset the Boro boss - last season the Chesterfield manager compared Stevenage to a team of body builders, poking fun at the height and physical attributes of the Boro line-up.'

Don't think they like each other!
Amazing piece of déjà vue, even down to a goal scored during 6 added minutes. Spooky.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
How funny is that, almost groundhog day. And yet Westley is so thick/deluded he doesn't get it even now. His reputation must surely go before him, be interesting to see how much extra time gets added to the rest of their games

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Steve.PAFC2012":y8oi4xca said:
http://www.thecomet.net/stevenage-fc/westley_hits_out_at_chesterfield_boss_john_sheridan_1_996784

'Saturday was not the first time Sheridan had upset the Boro boss - last season the Chesterfield manager compared Stevenage to a team of body builders, poking fun at the height and physical attributes of the Boro line-up.'

Don't think they like each other!

That is uncanny and ironic. :lol:

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
I think he has a persecution complex - these were his pre-match comments:
"They’re a big club with a big home fan base and you could see (on Saturday) what can happen with decisions when there’s a big home fan base. You’re going to get very little going your way and you’re going to get a lot going their way. It takes a very strong official to stand up to that sort of pressure and see things in the right way."
Lol. For 'right' way read 'GW's' way.

P

Paul_Roberts

To be fair, when you're managing a club as small as Stevenage you have to create a siege mentality.