Stevenage Boss Not happy | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stevenage Boss Not happy

Mar 23, 2008
Wow. That is so delusional it's scary. The ref was dreadful but generally in their favour. I do feel for him, a lack of intelligence or comprehension is hardly his fault.

Dec 2, 2010
Suppose he was bullied out of his job at Preston.....and into being relegated....perhaps he should engage his own performance management consultancy business for a bit of performance management work!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
If Wesley was 'scared' by Tyler, he would have soiled his underpants if it was Tyler's Dad.

Aug 4, 2011
GreenSam":1u6pkh35 said:
Is it only me who thinks the Mellor yellow was absolutely the correct decision?

Nelson and Hartley are covering and could have easily got in between their striker and Luke in order to stop him getting a clear shot away. And consider Luke could also have come out more to narrow the angle. No way in this world would I call it a 'clear goalscoring opportunity denied' by Mellor committing that foul. We'd easily have been able to get men inside of the striker. It's deliberate handball which is a yellow offence but it doesn't deny a clear scoring chance. We had the chance covered.
and in which case why wasn't their defender booked for the handball that gave us the penalty?

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
football-bet-data":2i1d37es said:
GreenSam":2i1d37es said:
Is it only me who thinks the Mellor yellow was absolutely the correct decision?

Nelson and Hartley are covering and could have easily got in between their striker and Luke in order to stop him getting a clear shot away. And consider Luke could also have come out more to narrow the angle. No way in this world would I call it a 'clear goalscoring opportunity denied' by Mellor committing that foul. We'd easily have been able to get men inside of the striker. It's deliberate handball which is a yellow offence but it doesn't deny a clear scoring chance. We had the chance covered.
and in which case why wasn't their defender booked for the handball that gave us the penalty?
He should have been.

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
Their player (Lee?) was starting his long walk to freedom when the board went up saying 6 minutes (minimum...). He then took the best part of a minute to go off and his replacement to come on.
The ref, in front of the Lyndhurst, made a very clear signal when play finally started again that he was starting his watch again. He awarded the pen at the end of seven minutes or so after the board went up and it took a while for the protests etc to settle down before Smalley rifled it down the centre to equalise.
So, Stevenage got what they deserved for their cynical play and we got what we (maybe) deserved for keeping at it.
Need to work out how to beat these anti-football sides though, if we are to go up.

Oct 24, 2010
Regarding the Mellor incident, I thought he got a tackle in before he handballed it, if so then the referee got that right. The incident wasn't shown on the highlights on Argyle Player so I can't be sure.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the penalty was awarded within the six minutes of stoppage time, the time taking the penalty extended it to eight.

Nov 4, 2012
esmer":8yosp2mb said:
Regarding the Mellor incident, I thought he got a tackle in before he handballed it, if so then the referee got that right. The incident wasn't shown on the highlights on Argyle Player so I can't be sure.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the penalty was awarded within the six minutes of stoppage time, the time taking the penalty extended it to eight.

Mellor was jockeying their player and he lost his footing so his choices were to either swipe the ball away with his hand or let their player go through 1 on 1. He should have been sent off for sure in my opinion.

However that came and went and the second half was cheating from Stevenage pure and simple. You expect a little bit of time wasting when you're 1-0 up away from home but they took it to a whole new level. Players going down left right and centre for no apparent reason, their physio got more action than their keeper, and then the player that's down getting substituted and taking another minute to walk off the pitch. This happened more than once so it's certainly no coincidence and I've heard this is a common ploy from a Westley team. The correct amount of time was added on as their player was down for atleast 90 seconds of the 6 added on minutes. They're just bitter and Westley's interview summed up what a pathetic bloke he is. We might not have deserved a point but Stevenage certainly didn't deserve all 3. I hope Stevenage struggle and go down but I can see them cheating their way to enough points to challenge for promotion in all honesty.