still no news (grandstand) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

still no news (grandstand)

Will the Grandstand be completed by October 2016?

• No

Votes: 205 72.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 78 27.6%

• Total voters
Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
The frustrating thing for me is the not knowing, the club must surely know this kind of project is something that the fans are interested in and all we ask is for some sort of announcement/update as to when the project is looking to start.

Nov 2, 2004
we have been told,we are waiting for commercial partners,we are waiting for tenders,we are waiting for asbestos and we are waiting for even cheaper seating to be invented.Meanwhile the rest of football moves on.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Mushrooms AGAIN!!

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Not the worst thing if this doesn't happen. We keep a larger ground with greater potential. The current grandstand facilities are sh1te and certainly need sprucing up and something definitely needs to be done on the mayflower steps. But because we're limited now, we don't have to be limited for eternity. Plymouth deserves better.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Ottawa Green":2y6zneza said:
Mork you had me believing until the Microsoft bit, also need to practice your spelling reminded me of someone else

Sorry about the spelling! Always wondered why I failed the eleven plus.
The granstand project plans have just been resubmitted to the council,the new plans include an extra level bringing the stand capacty to 8500, also all units within the granstand will be owend by PAFC, all profits to plouged staight back into the team now estimated at 3 million per year,add that to our new sponser Microsoft we have 10 million a year to spend on new players/contracts.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
To be fair we only really need the lyndhurst space wise.

N

NorfolkGreen

pedro91":3ok98pnc said:
Johndelve":3ok98pnc said:
It will be funded by tenants signing pre let agreements , of which none have been signed as far as I am aware .
Until that time , it will not be built. Simples
So next season,only 3 sides of the ground will house spectators?

With fortress home park being a thing of the past, is the lack of supporters in the Mayflower area a big contributing factor? If so, will that compound things next season?

Sep 28, 2003
London
I don't believe this development is going to happen at all.

It's been too long talking about it, and nothing happening. This Bretonside thing has come in and stolen JB's thunder.

I'd bet my mortgage on ground being broken at Bretonside before HHP.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I wouldn't bet against that either.

It does make you wonder whether PCC has shot itslef in the foot with that one.

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
It does seem a strange move from the council . One more cinema complex at least had some chance of commercial success but two could easily see both fail.