still no news (grandstand) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

still no news (grandstand)

Will the Grandstand be completed by October 2016?

• No

Votes: 205 72.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 78 27.6%

• Total voters
With all this stadium talk, I couldn't help but remember a quote from the owner of the Miami Marlins baseball team when he was talking about their new stadium. Amongst the requirements, was this vision:

"We had to think about some kind of design for it and what it might look like. I really did not want it to be just another ballpark. I wanted it to be a statement of what Miami is all about -- a contemporary city. Miami is an important American city and architecture makes your city great. The idea was to create something very contemporary."

Oh for that kind of thinking in Plymouth.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
My prediction is an announcement in June or July or so that tickets will be available on the day in the grandstand next season and that season ticket holders can move their season tickets there if they wish. Let's see.

Apr 15, 2008
London
GreenSam":2odky6r3 said:
My prediction is an announcement in June or July or so that tickets will be available on the day in the grandstand next season and that season ticket holders can move their season tickets there if they wish. Let's see.

Yes, that sounds like the most likely outcome.

I don't fancy too many more seasons without spectators sitting behind the dug-outs - we need to intimidate opposition players and coaches.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Agreed, I'm sure the demise of the crowd behind the dugouts has helped dispel the thought Fortress Home Park.

The visiting managers must love Home Park. No barracking and their teams can play on THE best pitch in the bottom two divisions.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
IJN":1ncedo09 said:
Agreed, I'm sure the demise of the crowd behind the dugouts has helped dispel the thought Fortress Home Park.

The visiting managers must love Home Park. No barracking and their teams can play on THE best pitch in the bottom two divisions.
One of the best pitches in the football divisions Ian.

The kicker is that we aren't best suited to it, yet.

That has to be in the managers philosophy. fudgeing eradicate that long ball poo and and some quailfy in that can play play the ball on the deck.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I agree, the 'football' has been less than good.

Amazingly, and I said it at the time, some of Fletch's games were really, really good football, we just couldn't win.

Cheltenham away a few years ago, when we lost, was one of the best games of football I've witnessed for a very long time.

Strange old game, I'll never understand it.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Does anyone know if it's the final game in the mayflower grandstand on Saturday v hartlepool ?

Season ticket holders are not being given option for grandstand next season ?

Will be in the grandstand on Saturday as it could be the final game in there

And finally let's hope for 4 a WIN !!!!!

Aug 26, 2011
Can we please have a poll to see how many on here actually believe the new grandstand will be completed by October 2016

Personally I believe the chances are remote to nill.

The implications of the stand / shopping centre etc not being completed when so much has been relied on it for future financial planning are more than alarming.

N

newquaygreen

greengenes":6uhdfx00 said:
Is there anything stopping the dugouts being moved to the
Lyndhurst side ? Use every advantage surelys

Biggest issue is having the sun in your eyes I guess

Dec 7, 2006
Those dugouts are bleddy awful - WAY too big. At first, they looked like upturned boats but now they've been creosted they look more like half built sheds! Bring back the glass/perspex ones, says I - at least you could see what the hell was going on if you were in/on the Mayflower.

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
GreenArmy1984":mqgt6iqd said:
Does anyone know if it's the final game in the mayflower grandstand on Saturday v hartlepool ?

Season ticket holders are not being given option for grandstand next season ?

Will be in the grandstand on Saturday as it could be the final game in there

And finally let's hope for 4 a WIN !!!!!
The answer to your second question is NO

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Ooh I just made it 50/50