still no news (grandstand) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

still no news (grandstand)

Will the Grandstand be completed by October 2016?

• No

Votes: 205 72.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 78 27.6%

• Total voters
Jul 30, 2013
The Wicked Westcountry
Andy Holland":15g9v8yl said:
Could someone who voted yes give their reasons?

Not looking to have a pop, would just be interested to know the rationale.

I voted yes, October 2016 is just such a long time away. I'll have completely finished school and England should be off to fight for the er, title of Europe.. Who knows. Two and a half years away, even if the building doesn't start for a year from now it'll still be done by that time. October 2-15 however, I would have said no.

Sep 28, 2003
London
In the grand scheme of things, that's tomorrow - it really isn't a long time away, with how long it takes to get through all the red tape, and then the actual building of the thing.

Here's why I don't see any development happening: JB will not proceed with painting the dressing room walls if it doesn't benefit his overall vision, the football club is his last priority. If he doesn't think he's going to get a good enough deal for himself and Akkeron, then nothing will happen - and the Bretonside development is a killer blow to an already flawed concept.

I still can't quite get my head around people believing this "reluctant bidder" PR nonsense that was thrown around when he acquired the club; surely the plans he's had for the development are testament to control of HP being a long-term plan. He wanted to be able to do this, but managed to get everyone apologising and making excuses for him whilst he shoved the football club to the bottom of the list of importance....but that's a point for a different thread :)

Jul 30, 2013
The Wicked Westcountry
Did he shove the football club to the bottom of his list? Attends games regularly and his granddaughter is now a huge fan of Argyle, his family are enjoying it and I'd be very surprised if your comments are correct, especially having met the man.

Don't blame him for wanting to take advantage of the land, it's a good space for a businessman to be able to build lots of whatever he wants, and it timely fits with the stadium. I'm still sort of unsure on the whole development plan, but leaning in favour rather than against.

Course he's a businessman first and foremost, but to be honest I'm content with a period of stability. No billionare is going to come in and pump millions an millions into the club, why would they? Plenty better teams for that. The best we can hope for is a stable ownership and well, hope that we do brilliantly on the pitch!

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
PilgrimJosh":3rwgrs30 said:
Did he shove the football club to the bottom of his list? Attends games regularly and his granddaughter is now a huge fan of Argyle, his family are enjoying it and I'd be very surprised if your comments are correct, especially having met the man.

Don't blame him for wanting to take advantage of the land, it's a good space for a businessman to be able to build lots of whatever he wants, and it timely fits with the stadium. I'm still sort of unsure on the whole development plan, but leaning in favour rather than against.

Course he's a businessman first and foremost, but to be honest I'm content with a period of stability. No billionare is going to come in and pump millions an millions into the club, why would they? Plenty better teams for that. The best we can hope for is a stable ownership and well, hope that we do brilliantly on the pitch!

Granddaughter? How old do you think JB actually is? There's no way he's a day over 50 :lol:

Oct 8, 2008
Graham Clark":2d5de0y0 said:
IJN":2d5de0y0 said:
Agreed, I'm sure the demise of the crowd behind the dugouts has helped dispel the thought Fortress Home Park.

The visiting managers must love Home Park. No barracking and their teams can play on THE best pitch in the bottom two divisions.

The absence of a baiting home crowd in close proximity has probably had an impact on our manager too. It was noticeable away at Wimbledon and Bristol Rovers, where some Argyle fans were located behind his dugout he did not take too kindly to some of the comments thrown his way.

The Mayflower Terrace crowd were a vociferous bunch and never were backwards in coming forwards for voicing their opinion in forceful terms to both dugouts. I remember fondly that even the mild mannered Ray Clemence once got really riled .... oh for those days again!

I miss the moanflower & it hasn't been nice seeing it empty for some time now.

In fact I miss standing at footy, as do many others from what I see elsewhere on the box.

Jul 30, 2013
The Wicked Westcountry
Ollieargyle9":3fl5v9n7 said:
PilgrimJosh":3fl5v9n7 said:

Granddaughter? How old do you think JB actually is? There's no way he's a day over 50 :lol:

Niece then. Young relative. Someone who knows him.. :lol:

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
PilgrimJosh":2hwz8sn5 said:
Ollieargyle9":2hwz8sn5 said:
PilgrimJosh":2hwz8sn5 said:

I think daugher might be the word you're looking for :lol:

C

colinp71

I think it will be built. They our not selling season tickets for the grandstand for next season so something must be going on.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
GreenSam":gbwuusv6 said:
PilgrimJosh":gbwuusv6 said:
Ollieargyle9":gbwuusv6 said:
PilgrimJosh":gbwuusv6 said:

Or even daughter .. you Cornish PJ?? :whistle:

Jul 30, 2013
The Wicked Westcountry
Pogleswoody":26o4eyxa said:
GreenSam":26o4eyxa said:
PilgrimJosh":26o4eyxa said:
Ollieargyle9":26o4eyxa said:
PilgrimJosh":26o4eyxa said:

3/4 I think. Still, at least I'll be veiwed as a minority now!

Sep 20, 2003
PilgrimJosh":313tk18o said:
Pogleswoody":313tk18o said:
GreenSam":313tk18o said:
Ollieargyle9":313tk18o said:

Niece then. Young relative. Someone who knows him..
I think daugher might be the word you're looking for

3/4 I think. Still, at least I'll be veiwed as a minority now!

You have been for some time Josh :D

Jan 27, 2012
GreenArmy1984":2qx6cvp3 said:
Plymouth Argyle won 2-0 v QPR at home park in front of nearly 20,000 fans

4,000 would be locked out under Brent's plans.

In 2004 we were going forwards. In 2014 we are going backwards.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
gaspargomez":1fyeufco said:
GreenArmy1984":1fyeufco said:
Plymouth Argyle won 2-0 v QPR at home park in front of nearly 20,000 fans

4,000 would be locked out under Brent's plans.

In 2004 we were going forwards. In 2014 we are going backwards.
4,000 would be locked out at the moment, 2.5k would be out with Brents plans, but i'm sure i read that 2.5k could be added to the horseshoe, meaning nobody would be locked out...