Still no penalties (update - we win a pen!) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Still no penalties (update - we win a pen!)

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
The Doctor":i80t0ec9 said:
You do all realise what will happen when we do finally get a penalty this season don't you...?

As a second to back row in line with the goal seat holder I fully expect to take our first penalty on me 'ead :)

C

centralgreen

My thoughts on why no penalties

When hitting the box we tend to pass sometimes to quickly
I would love to see the wingers drop their shoulders , hit the box hard in the hope of the opposition tripping them

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
As a balance. We are 1 of only 6 teams that have not received a red card this season, the others being Wycombe, Accrington, Mansfield Exeter and Morcambe and get this....Morcambe have had only 1 (yellow) card all season!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Can anyone even remember our last shout for a penalty?
It's incredible that we have reached the top of the league and stayed there without being awarded one single penalty.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
centralgreen":2sf073ku said:
My thoughts on why no penalties

When hitting the box we tend to pass sometimes to quickly
I would love to see the wingers drop their shoulders , hit the box hard in the hope of the opposition tripping them

I have seen Tanner, Jervis and Mellor all hacked down in the box at HP this season. It ain't us not doing our jobs, it's the refs!! :facepalm:

Jun 8, 2014
Argy1e":23ps7yvh said:
Ade the green":23ps7yvh said:
As a balance. We are 1 of only 6 teams that have not received a red card this season, the others being Wycombe, Accrington, Mansfield Exeter and Morcambe and get this....Morcambe have had only 1 (yellow) card all season!
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/le ... discipline

Sporting life reckon Morecambe have had 40 yellow cards

A quick search shows they had two yellows in their game against Wycombe yesterday.

Apr 1, 2009
One reason is certainly the departure of Lewi Alessandra who won many of our pens last season, including some soft ones.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Two good shouts tonight for "fouls" on Jervis and Hartley. The foul on Jervis would have been deemed common assault if it happened in the street.

Has a team ever gone through a whole season without a penalty being awarded? How many points would we now have if we had a few penalties go our way?

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
the fact that the blatant foul on jervis wasn't given today shows we should just forget about having a penalty this season. Joke of a decision.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
That challenge on Jervis was a complete joke, how we didn't receive a penalty for that I will never know. Their player had hold of Jervis long enough that the Green Army had completed a full "penalty" shout and he was still wrestling him to the floor. If we were ever getting a penalty this season there was our chance, so much for poor decisions evening themselves out over time, we haven't been given a stone waller let alone a dodgy penalty :facepalm: