Still no penalties (update - we win a pen!) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Still no penalties (update - we win a pen!)

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
nice to know that Jervis is in good health though.
It was very kind of the Northampton defender to give him such a thorough physical examination, including an internal :shock:

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I'm pretty sure there was a big shove on Brunt (I think it was Brunt) in the box during a corner too when he went for a header.

Nov 4, 2012
Liam Vercoe":yw1w68d3 said:
I'm pretty sure there was a big shove on Brunt (I think it was Brunt) in the box during a corner too when he went for a header.

Yeah I saw the shove on Brunt. A foul all day long outside the box. Inside the box that seems to be a fair challenge though.

I also thought the ball crossed the line when the keeper thumbled the ball but I wasn't in line with it so can't say unequivocally. Irrelevant anyway because we scored less than a minute later.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
PAFC94":4o95tjxj said:
Liam Vercoe":4o95tjxj said:

Yeah I saw the shove on Brunt. A foul all day long outside the box. Inside the box that seems to be a fair challenge though.

I also thought the ball crossed the line when the keeper thumbled the ball but I wasn't in line with it so can't say unequivocally. Irrelevant anyway because we scored less than a minute later.
Greenmarc who sits in line with the byline seemed to think it was not over the line. He's a normal, sensible fellow, and I take his word for it. :whistle:

IPA

Aug 26, 2012
The 'real' capital of Devon
I was sat right behind the linesman in the Lyndhurst last night when Jervis was rugby tackled to the floor.

The awful ref claimed he couldn't see it but the linesman was looking right at the incident with a completely unobstructed view. One of the most blatant pens I've ever seen not given.

Just sums up the p1ss poor officials we seem to get sent most weeks I'm afraid.

Apr 16, 2015
Linesmen have no backbone in the lower leagues especially, even when there's a stone wall foul.

The foul on Jervis was so blatant and the linesman had the perfect point of view, it's genuinely pathetic and I'd love to know his excuse for why he didn't put his flag up for a pen.

C

Cobi Budge.

Hartley was also tugged back in the box during stoppage time.

We had 3 shouts, all of which would have been given as free kicks outside the box.

But I've given up screaming for penalties.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
According to the referee's assessor we should have had two penalties this season.

http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/the- ... 02148.aspx

A bit of research shows we are one of seven teams from 92 clubs who haven't had a penalty this season. Four of those teams are bottom or near the bottom of their league.

May 22, 2006
Oxford missed a penalty today. I think that that is just their eleventh of the season (6 scored,5 missed).

If things average themselves out over a season, we could get one every other week from now on in.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Confirms what we all thought - definite pen.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Charlie's going to have some great up-close coverage of the goal celebrations at the end for his matchday moments. :thumbup:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
After this weekend we are one of just six teams from 92 without a penalty.