#StripesAreBack - A look at the new kit | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

#StripesAreBack - A look at the new kit

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
Cerbera":2j1l2lyu said:
I seriously hope the goalie/away kit looks better than that. It's bloody awful. Mind you, yellow away kit is going to look terrible anyway. Are we having an identity crisis?

Worst kit I've seen in years.
Agreed.. looks awful.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Annoyed that I pre-ordered the home shirt before seeing it. I accepted that the majority wanted stripes - so why haven't they given us stripes? Those bars of colour are much much too wide. The fans wanted stripes Argyle!

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
tonsk":14sdo9vn said:
rose":14sdo9vn said:
30mmudy.png

:funny: :funny:

tonsk
Now THAT is green and white stripes. Shirt would look a lot better with stripes instead of bars. Too late now though.

Jul 29, 2010
Best of the post Hollowords Puma kits, which isn't saying much I know. Not as good as the 'flag' kit the fans ACTUALLY wanted either.

However, I am struggling somewhat to get my head round objections being raised now. I mean, it's exactly what the diagrams showed it would be, so how can it be a surprise to anyone?

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
tagz":2hbk0gcg said:
spowell92":2hbk0gcg said:
Hopefully it's as loud and ridiculous as possible, that's how keeper kits should be imo. Like the purple camo one Man Utd had in the 90s I think?
Closest I could find;
eng_pl_1996-97-MANCHESTER-UNITED-GOALKEEPER-SHIRT-L-BOYS-15999_2.jpg

Not purple but;
manchester-united-goalkeeper-football-shirt-1995-1996-s_20598_1.jpg

They're the ones, hideously brilliant!

Jul 29, 2010
In keeping with the RBL link next season i'd quite to see a poppy festooned effort like the British Army rugby numbers. But maybe that's just me :coat:

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Disgusting is the best way to describe that. Who in their right mind voted for stripes :facepalm: .
Totally horrific IMHO of course :thumbdown:
Lets hope the football is a darn site better and the stripe hoo doo is broken with a PROMOTION season. Its about the only thing that will cheer me up after seeing this kit :scarf:

Apr 27, 2009
Congratulations to those who actually voted for stripes, you ended up with a big white M !

Not a nice shirt at all imho !

Jul 29, 2010
Stripes polled a very minority interest initially Sam so it doesn't surprise me that it'll turn a great many off. I just don't get why it's causing a fuss today, the design is yesterday's news.

A pragmatist would say it's better than the dross Puma originally gave us to 'choose' from, so it's the best of a bad lot.

The death knell for a truly popular shirt was sounded when Argyle renewed the contract with that utter shower of poo.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
HarlHM":14z5bpup said:
It's absolutely fine.

This. It looks exactly the same as the mock-ups and about 1,000,000x better than most of the absolute stinkers that clubs are coming out with at the moment. Green could be a lot greener and the sponsor looks slightly awkward (imagine if it was orange! Or as bad as United's Chevrolet shirt..) but the collar looks a lot nicer than I thought it would.

Decent.

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
It's not stripes though is it?

It's bars of green and white. Stripes would be the same front and back. The back of the shirt is solid so the numbers and names stand out. Bit of a p-sser if you don't want either on your replica.

But as others have said, it was what was voted for and it's been complimented by a knock off Torquay kit for away days. Perhaps the Goalie shirt will be this season's big seller like our blue top last season?