#StripesAreBack - A look at the new kit | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

#StripesAreBack - A look at the new kit

G

Greenskin

fudgeing hideous.Puke making colour and puke making design.Wouldn't use one to clean my microwave.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
:lol:

These will be the best sold shirts for years, you wait and see.

Far superior to the bib of last year and the more white on it means less of the British Racing Green 'branding'.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
rose":3m9opalr said:
IJN":3m9opalr said:
The goalie shirt will be an eye opener I hear!
It better not be pink :banghead:
What's wrong with pink for a goalie?

Jul 29, 2010
"British racing green 'branding' "- a translation for the hard of stubborn.....

Argyle green. The colour by which the club has been identified by since the turn of the century. Encompassing most, if not all, of the waking consciousness of anyone under 25 (i.e. the growing section of support, distinct from the dinosaurs, namely those closer to extinction).

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I am happy with the outfield shirt but the keeper's jersey looks a little OTT in my estimation. I acknowledge that it must not be the same colour as an outfield player nor the opposition's shirts but if it is so 'dayglo' that an opposition striker catches its' garishness in the corner of his eye when he is head down, to me, it is an aid to that striker in making sure his shot at goal goes wide of that 'dayglo' keeper.

Jul 29, 2010
What keeper's jersey, have you seen something we haven't?

On your logic though, spot on, I've never understood why keepers make themselves so conspicuous. Camouflage would be best.

Oct 6, 2005
Winchester
X Isle":ayp2awyb said:

Argyle green. The colour by which the club has been identified by since the turn of the century. Encompassing most, if not all, of the waking consciousness of anyone under 25 (i.e. the growing section of support, distinct from the dinosaurs, namely those closer to extinction).
Since 1886.....14 years of "tradition".

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Actually, there has been research done on goalkeepers' shirts and it was found that by wearing bright/fluorescent coloured kits goalkeepers appeared bigger and more distracting to approaching attackers. That is why Petr Cech always used to wear really bright coloured kits.

G

Greenskin

X Isle":7epd8rxu said:

:lol: Playing the yoof card Smiffy? Tell you what,how about a bit of fair competition here? Get rid of the abomination for a couple of years and try the real Argyle green [the one used for 114 years prior to 2001] for that period and then see how many of the younger supporters that you are aligning yourself with want to go back to the current colour.Howzaboutit?

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
indeed that badge doesnt look like an embroided one

if its a stuck on poo one like the green and green stripes from Addidas a few years ago I aint having one looks poo and when washed ends up with black bits stuck to it

Didnt we have to pay an extra £5 for the stripes as they are premium kits? Why do we fall for all this bullpoo other clubs seem to get decent shirts for £40 so why cant we? after all in Thailand you can buy a full kit (albeit Premier League Kit) for less than a tenner that are better quality than this

Havent even got an option of an away shirt as I cant stand the yellow !!

So from buying a shirt every year it looks like I will wait until next season ! In fact the royal and navy training shirt looks favorite for me albeit at an overpriced £28 !

Jul 29, 2010
Kevin_Dacombe":9jkchxl2 said:
X Isle":9jkchxl2 said:

Since 1886.....14 years of "tradition".

We only ever are what we are recognised as being.

Ian bandies around 'branding' like it's a dirty word. It's usually accompanied by 'London' with reference to the group in the most successful board in Argyle's history who were based in the capital. T'was they who introduced the darker shade, heralding our most successful period (boo hiss eh :roll: )

I've always found the use of the word/s as snidey and not a little 'yokel' in it's sneering dismissiveness of any 'witchcraft' from 'them up country'.

It made us distinctive, it made us identifiable. Even more so now Yeovil have emerged. British Racing Green (as it's equally [perversely] negatively referred to) is associated with British excellence, the spitfire, the Mini and the Landy.

So yes, it's 'only been' 14 years, so what? It's what we're now associated with, it's all a growing proportion of the fanbase knows.

Branding isn't a dirty word, it's not witchcraft from furriners up London village :roll: It's there to create a distinct brand identity, which we have.

All been done to death before so it's a tangent we don't need to go down because it'll never be resolved. I just couldn't sit on my hands while Ian opened up another of his cans of 'yokel brew' and started shaking his fist at those pesky metal birds again.

There are two sides to every argumentand my flip side of 'branding bad/flipping shades willy-nilly good' is that a unique brand identity in the modern world is priceless, we toss it away to keep a few old crusties happy at our peril.

Nuff said.