#StripesAreBack - A look at the new kit | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

#StripesAreBack - A look at the new kit

Jul 29, 2010
Pogleswoody":2rnhpcyr said:
X Isle":2rnhpcyr said:
Nice to get a first look at how the Legion logo looks :thumbup:

Bit of an up and down day for Luke though. Given the club captaincy, then given that shirt :oops:

Won't miss him in a goalmouth melee will you!!

Shame he wasn't wearing it last season then, Trotman might not have clattered him, the dozy oaf.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
X Isle":4ii2atxb said:
"British racing green 'branding' "- a translation for the hard of stubborn.....

Argyle green. The colour by which the club has been identified by since the turn of the century. Encompassing most, if not all, of the waking consciousness of anyone under 25 (i.e. the growing section of support, distinct from the dinosaurs, namely those closer to extinction).

As a 'dinosaur' by your definition, I will say I prefer the green, just not the width of the 'stripes'

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The goalie strip's colour is (wait for it........................) Beetroot Purple. :greensmile:

May 22, 2006
If we slightly rounded the shoulder we could ask Macdonalds to sponsor us. They might want us to change the M to yellow though.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Everyone I asked tonight looked the strip. I wavered when I saw the photo tonight, but it really does look nice.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
At last we have a proper football strip. It looks great. :scarf: :scarf:

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Best strip in a long long time.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Great to see The awesome - fantastic - brilliant - world class Puma Green & white stripe shirt 2014-15 tonight at tavistock AFC

Great to see a 5-1 win as well

It's simply the best Argyle home shirt in years and can't wait for mine to arrive

Well done Plymouth Argyle !!!!!

#stripesareback :scarf:

Ed

Dec 1, 2008
I don't think I like it. I'll hold off on being too dismissive of it until seeing it in person at Cambridge but from behind in the GoS photos it just looks awful to me. Those solid green backs do not work with the striped sleeves at all, it just looks so unpleasant. If the sleeves were solid green you'd lose that issue but then the front, which actually doesn't look as bad as I'd feared (and as I don't like us in stripes or any striped shirts that aren't very simple I really did fear), would be worse, it's already close to being blocks not stripes even with the striped sleeves.

I still think it's good that the club gave us the option and listened to the fans but I do wish we'd had more an better choices and ideally real fan input into the design. I know there are financial issues with this but even clubs down here seem to manage unique designs, I know Carlisle recently released their kit which is totally theirs. It must be possible for the club to do better and although it's not the most pressing issue the kit is (along with the badge which ideally doesn't change) the most obvious representation of our club's identity.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Ed":scm09k0g said:
I don't think I like it. I'll hold off on being too dismissive of it until seeing it in person at Cambridge but from behind in the GoS photos it just looks awful to me. Those solid green backs do not work with the striped sleeves at all, it just looks so unpleasant. If the sleeves were solid green you'd lose that issue but then the front, which actually doesn't look as bad as I'd feared (and as I don't like us in stripes or any striped shirts that aren't very simple I really did fear), would be worse, it's already close to being blocks not stripes even with the striped sleeves.

I still think it's good that the club gave us the option and listened to the fans but I do wish we'd had more an better choices and ideally real fan input into the design. I know there are financial issues with this but even clubs down here seem to manage unique designs, I know Carlisle recently released their kit which is totally theirs. It must be possible for the club to do better and although it's not the most pressing issue the kit is (along with the badge which ideally doesn't change) the most obvious representation of our club's identity.

This

Jul 29, 2010
I'm more forgiving on the new shirt P&C, pragmatically it's not as bad as it could have been.

However on the point of GENUINE fan engagement/consultation I'm fully with you. There is clearly a lot of talent for design within our number, there's clearly NO talent for design at Puma.

Thing is though clubs need to be on the front foot, probably starting now for next seasons kit. We were told in December the deal needed to be agreed by the new year, that's only five and a bit months time.

Argyle have always seemed to be on the back foot though, reacting to deadlines not keeping ahead of them. Clearly they're now busy with the new season, I doubt they're even considering next season. I any event, having stupidly signed that puma contract I'd wager there's zero scope for anything but bland swatches again.

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
IJN":6tdl3f86 said:
Everyone I asked tonight looked the strip. I wavered when I saw the photo tonight, but it really does look nice.

'Scuse me?

It's still hideous, the keeper's shirt is err, bright and all of it is definitely not on my 'to buy' list. The training tops are far better (and cheaper). Although the new top has one strong redeeming feature, Louise says it will be quite 'slimming'.......watch this space!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Cerbera":15ycqs8v said:
IJN":15ycqs8v said:

'Scuse me?

It's still hideous, the keeper's shirt is err, bright and all of it is definitely not on my 'to buy' list. The training tops are far better (and cheaper). Although the new top has one strong redeeming feature, Louise says it will be quite 'slimming'.......watch this space!

You said you liked it in the flesh!