#StripesAreBack - A look at the new kit | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

#StripesAreBack - A look at the new kit

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The more I see it, the more I like it. Love the fact it's all green and white (no brightly coloured splodge), love the stripes and the back of it makes it more 'green'. Too white otherwise.

Have any of the moaners SEEN some of the monstrosities being released both in the Football League and the Premier League?? We are also the only club that have given fans a choice of colour sponsor, as well as the extra choice of stripes! Yes, it's nowhere near as good as the Devon/Cornwall designs but this shirt is light years better than most.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Best looking kit for a number of years.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Cornish Chris":kking4mg said:
Ed":kking4mg said:
I don't think I like it. I'll hold off on being too dismissive of it until seeing it in person at Cambridge but from behind in the GoS photos it just looks awful to me. Those solid green backs do not work with the striped sleeves at all, it just looks so unpleasant. If the sleeves were solid green you'd lose that issue but then the front, which actually doesn't look as bad as I'd feared (and as I don't like us in stripes or any striped shirts that aren't very simple I really did fear), would be worse, it's already close to being blocks not stripes even with the striped sleeves.

I still think it's good that the club gave us the option and listened to the fans but I do wish we'd had more an better choices and ideally real fan input into the design. I know there are financial issues with this but even clubs down here seem to manage unique designs, I know Carlisle recently released their kit which is totally theirs. It must be possible for the club to do better and although it's not the most pressing issue the kit is (along with the badge which ideally doesn't change) the most obvious representation of our club's identity.

A few years ago Macclesfield Town ran a competition to design their shirt. I think four or five designs made it to the shortlist and the winner of a vote of the members was the club's official strip for a couple of seasons. If they can do it surely we can?

Not with companies such as Puma, Nike and Adidas you won't. The sooner the club move to a smaller name supplier, the more say the club will have over design. However that may mean fewer perks in the contract.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
The Argyle twitter feed posted a picture of the players standing in a line before the match last night and when I saw that picture I thought the kit looked MUCH better. I think it is the addition of the white shorts that makes the difference because this makes the stripes work better.

Jan 3, 2013
Stripes are too big and as for the back block, it just doesn't work. Mind you I am a miserable old sod (apparently)

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
This thread is heading to show a need for a poll on the new strips. Great or ungreat. Me, I'd vote for great. :scarf: