#StripesAreBack - A look at the new kit | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

#StripesAreBack - A look at the new kit

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
ewww bright

BsmcmsqIUAAQepE.jpg

Jul 29, 2010
The Doctor":1vigw4xn said:
Actually, there has been research done on goalkeepers' shirts and it was found that by wearing bright/fluorescent coloured kits goalkeepers appeared bigger and more distracting to approaching attackers. That is why Petr Cech always used to wear really bright coloured kits.

Fair one Doc, I can see the logic in that too :think:

OK, I hearby have no official position on the visibility/invisibility of goalkeeping shirts :lol:

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Can I be the first to say how underwhelmed I am with the 2047 kit. It is the wrong shade of green, the stripes are too thin, the sponsors name is too high up and the badge is too large. Also, the sponsors name is the wrong font compared to the wording on the stadium signs so will clash. I will not be buying and nor will my family or their kids.

My goodness, can we not copy this chain every year the kit comes out. As long as it is green and is not sponsored by Rotolok why waste time complaining.

May 1, 2007
Tony_Flags":3p8icbvh said:
Can I be the first to say how underwhelmed I am with the 2047 kit. It is the wrong shade of green, the stripes are too thin, the sponsors name is too high up and the badge is too large. Also, the sponsors name is the wrong font compared to the wording on the stadium signs so will clash. I will not be buying and nor will my family or their kids.

My goodness, can we not copy this chain every year the kit comes out. As long as it is green and is not sponsored by Rotolok why waste time complaining.

Marty is that you what league are we in in 2047

Jul 29, 2010
Stonehouse Mike":3m7c95cn said:
Even if Carlsberg did ranting they couldn't beat our X isle !

But agreed, the darker green is OUR green now

Leave it!! one isn't the messiah, one's just a very naughty boy. One volley was fired and one volley was returned, let's leave it there, a score draw. It's a road we don't need to go down again now, nor hopefully ever again.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Personally i agree with xisle about the british racing green - my favourite argyle shirt and patt of our identity linked to success.

I dont mind the kit overall, but the fact the stripes are not continuous really ruins it for me.

G

Greenskin

X Isle":2n5bnol5 said:
Kevin_Dacombe":2n5bnol5 said:
X Isle":2n5bnol5 said:
"British racing green 'branding' "- a translation for the hard of stubborn.....

Argyle green. The colour by which the club has been identified by since the turn of the century. Encompassing most, if not all, of the waking consciousness of anyone under 25 (i.e. the growing section of support, distinct from the dinosaurs, namely those closer to extinction).
Since 1886.....14 years of "tradition".

We only ever are what we are recognised as being.

Ian bandies around 'branding' like it's a dirty word. It's usually accompanied by 'London' with reference to the group in the most successful board in Argyle's history who were based in the capital. T'was they who introduced the darker shade, heralding our most successful period (boo hiss eh :roll: )I've always found the use of the word/s as snidey and not a little 'yokel' in it's sneering dismissiveness of any 'witchcraft' from 'them up country'.

It made us distinctive, it made us identifiable. Even more so now Yeovil have emerged. British Racing Green (as it's equally [perversely] negatively referred to) is associated with British excellence, the spitfire, the Mini and the Landy.

So yes, it's 'only been' 14 years, so what? It's what we're now associated with, it's all a growing proportion of the fanbase knows.

Branding isn't a dirty word, it's not witchcraft from furriners up London village :roll: It's there to create a distinct brand identity, which we have.

All been done to death before so it's a tangent we don't need to go down because it'll never be resolved. I just couldn't sit on my hands while Ian opened up another of his cans of 'yokel brew' and started shaking his fist at those pesky metal birds again.

There are two sides to every argumentand my flip side of 'branding bad/flipping shades willy-nilly good' is that a unique brand identity in the modern world is priceless, we toss it away to keep a few old crusties happy at our peril.

Nuff said.

Didn't realise that board were in situ when we finished fourth in the second tier a few times or reached the FA cup semi final or the two semi finals in the league cup.Wearing that snotty old traditional green as well.Everyday's a schoolday.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
tagz":309cvtkk said:
For those arguing about kit colours and stripes

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Plymout ... Argyle.htm

Of the kits shown dark green was used between 1899 and 1949 and the first striped (black and green) was in 1973

But the 'Greens' (sic) used from 2001 are totally different from the (real) Greens used from 1899-1949.

2001-2002 is hardly 'Green' at all. Can't believe the majority want that, can't believe that some on here think that is our heritage.

Jul 29, 2010
It's indeed an inconvenient truth Tagz but I'd really like for this not to open up here. Today, this thread, is about the first pics of the new shirt. The shade, the design, the sponsors, all were decided upon long ago.

Ian knew exactly what he was doing when he 'towel flicked' me earlier, but by replying in kind by wedgying him onto the hook on the back of the door honour is restored.

Let's leave him it there ;-)

Jul 29, 2010
Nice to get a first look at how the Legion logo looks :thumbup:

Bit of an up and down day for Luke though. Given the club captaincy, then given that shirt :oops: