The missing fans! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The missing fans!

Jan 3, 2013
It's down to cost. My youngest daughter loves her football and against the Gas I was lucky enough to be awarded pasoti tickets for them. Vikki loved her day and wanted to come to the Crawley game, she has two children aged 15 and 10 and are on the minimum wage or just above it. I said great Vik, we'll meet up but did she have £100 to spare? That's how much it would cost for four tickets for her family, train fare from cornwall, Fanfest, a couple of drinks and a burger etc
THAT IS WHY CROWDS ARE DOWN END OF

May 8, 2011
There were 3000 less Argyle fans at the Barnet game. That means a third of the Argyle fans at the Rovers' game didn't come back for this game. As said above the attendance on Saturday will be a good indication on whether the public of Plymouth are getting enthused about the team as a lot of the reasons given for not turning out on Tuesday won't apply.

Knarf Reprah":30eyav3d said:
It's down to cost. My youngest daughter loves her football and against the Gas I was lucky enough to be awarded pasoti tickets for them. Vikki loved her day and wanted to come to the Crawley game, she has two children aged 15 and 10 and are on the minimum wage or just above it. I said great Vik, we'll meet up but did she have £100 to spare? That's how much it would cost for four tickets for her family, train fare from cornwall, Fanfest, a couple of drinks and a burger etc
I really feel for fans in this situation. I would happily pay a few more quid for my ticket if I knew the extra would help reduce the ticket price for others who have less disposable income. Anyone else feel the same?

Jul 13, 2006
Knarf Reprah":3m9z8m0g said:

I agree entirely. I struggle to afford 2 in a week, let alone 3. Barnet was the one that took the hit. I'd love to be able to afford to go to all 3.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
mervyn":cgu0laes said:
Knarf Reprah":cgu0laes said:
I really feel for fans in this situation. I would happily pay a few more quid for my ticket if I knew the extra would help reduce the ticket price for others who have less disposable income. Anyone else feel the same?

Jeremy Corbin? :think:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
IJN":2xvpqx16 said:
Ah right, yeah I agree with that.

Shame really, nothing like a midweek game to warm the cockles of a supporter's heart.

Brings back memories of Hore, Neale and Dunne.

and in !975.....28.000 turned up on a cold dark February,Tuesday evening to watch Argyle v Blackburn...and judging by that attendance most of us old uns who are here now,were there then....

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
oddball":23ep97qd said:
IJN":23ep97qd said:

Shame really, nothing like a midweek game to warm the cockles of a supporter's heart.

and in !975.....28.000 turned up on a cold dark February,Tuesday evening to watch Argyle v Blackburn...and judging by that attendance most of us old uns who are here now,were there then....
My first game at home park 1976 27k, the mere whiff of success back then would put thousands on the gate, I no reminiscing on the past is pointless, but when the fairweather fans don't even bother to turn up I begin to think there's been a major shift in our support, Hope I'm wrong.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Mork":3vh9qkqn said:
oddball":3vh9qkqn said:
IJN":3vh9qkqn said:

My first game at home park 1976 27k, the mere whiff of success back then would put thousands on the gate, I no reminiscing on the past is pointless, but when the fairweather fans don't even bother to turn up I begin to think there's been a major shift in our support, Hope I'm wrong.

"Fairweather fans", what does that even mean? Fans that only turn up when convenient and enjoyable for them? It's a football club and entertainment, not a chore ffs.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
oddball":3vmh4sd0 said:
IJN":3vmh4sd0 said:

I don't know why but I remember their centre half was Derek Fazackerley. We won 2-1 but they beat us 5-2 away and finished top with us second.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Fazackerley is the name that always springs to my mind from that team as well. I remember having to plead all week with my boss to let me leave work in Somerset at 5pm that day. He finally relented on the morning of the match. I had to park a half hour's walk from the ground and only just got in for the kick off with queues stretching across the old playing field opposite the main entrance. What a night it was as we took over top spot from Rovers, leading 2 nil I think with Blackburn scoring very late on. Just 11 days later and they stuffed us 5-2 to reclaim top spot pipping us to the title by 1 point with Charlton a further 4 points adrift. That season we finished above Brighton, Palace, Charlton, Huddersfield and Bournemouth who are all 2 or 3 divisions above us now whilst also in the same division that season were Aldershot, Halifax, Grimsby, Wrexham and Hereford all five of whom are now non league outfits. How times change.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Mork":149u0eqy said:

It wasn't that long ago (March '04) when we got 17k in on a Tuesday night game against Sheff Wed. I remember because I was still stuck outside when Trigger scored :( OK, that was our promotion seas... oh, what was that you said about success again?

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
Knarf Reprah":2ft5srgo said:

Mostly this. Fans priced out nationally.
Argyle support has held up well considering, we went through a long period historically where our gate was 5 to 6 K when we were in old league div 3. Get the product right and we have the scope to increase average gates further.