The No 9 we need.... (merged) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The No 9 we need.... (merged)

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
I've mused the same re jervis as part of a front 2 but he hasn't the heart for predominantly defensive duties. He makes up for it in the forward position he currently has but he shirks too often to see him as a defender, however forward thinking.

Definitely has the attributes to play as part of a two though

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
He's a target man when we play long diagonal balls into wide areas

Mar 14, 2009
PL2 3DQ":grtuisl8 said:
Adams said last week there are two more players to come in but he didn't say whether they were permanent signings or loans.

If you include Ryan Brunt we released nine first team players at the end of last season and three loan players (Garita, Kennedy and Tanner) returned to their clubs so in total we have lost 12 players or 13 when it's confirmed McCallum isn't staying.

So it could be two more permanent signings plus three loan players which will allow Adams to sign two strikers, another keeper, a central midfielder and one other position.
I think the two permanent signings will come from the trialist pool during pre-season games and loan players will arrive when their parent club finalise their squads just before the season starts.

I just can't see our budget strectching that far especially as Adams likes to keep some in reserve for the January window.

We need a decent forward and another goalie! These l would imagine are the two more players. Probably on loan. I don't think he will get two more forwards in as he can always use Jervis as a forward.

However, like yourself l would prefer two more. I would also agree regarding the midfielder. We need a high energy player who can cover for the injury prone Ness and the ageing Fox.

So GA84 thinks there is an incoming......let's hope so .....

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Metal_Green_Mickey":19md76ml said:
I just can't see our budget strectching that far especially as Adams likes to keep some in reserve for the January window.
I'm sure he'd have tried to budget that in already. If he doesn't sign then we're probably going to be left short for five months. Last January the money he spent was created, in part, by letting other players go. I'd assume this season would follow that pattern.

May 8, 2011
Argy1e":1pud1pd4 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1pud1pd4 said:
I'm sure he'd have tried to budget that in already. If he doesn't sign then we're probably going to be left short for five months. Last January the money he spent was created, in part, by letting other players go. I'd assume this season would follow that pattern.

What happens in January will probably depend on our League position, if we are mid table with little chance of promotion or relegation I wouldn't expect much activity with the budget being used for the summer signings.

D

deanthegreenmachine

Seems Lambert is on then. i know we have a good connection with Cardiff but I'm not sure about this at all....that said maybe he could still tear up League 1

Apr 30, 2017
deanthegreenmachine":1vxkpwfk said:
Seems Lambert is on then. i know we have a good connection with Cardiff but I'm not sure about this at all....that said maybe he could still tear up League 1
Where has this come from?