The return of Simon Walton | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The return of Simon Walton

P

Paul_Roberts

PL2 3DQ":39srysz2 said:
Paul_Roberts":39srysz2 said:
IJN":39srysz2 said:
It has to be Swan.

bth_boooo.gif

The one and only.

Can't think of any other Argyle player who celebrated a goal by running into the centre circle and making an up yours gesture to his own fans.

Trouble is, I think the various stories about his one season in Plymouth have ended up making him something of a cult figure (no, that wasn't a typo). I think if he ever came back to Home Park again he would be booed for sure, but - as Crownhill says - in more of a tongue-in-cheek pantomime way.

Steve MacLean did a similar gesture to the Devonport End and then carried along half the length of the pitch gesturing to the fans in the Mayflower.
Funny how our villains cost a lot in transfer fees.

Yeah, that is weird.

Aren't Swan and MacLean our two most expensive signings? Maybe Halmosi is in there somewhere too...

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
To be fair, all we know of Walton is that he didn't cost the full £750,000. It was never stated exactly how much he did cost- with all the appearances he totted up after he came back from his injury, it wouldn't surprise me if it was closer to the full figure than the £200k that is often touted on here. Out of those we know for certain

1) MacLean
2) Halmosi
3) Swann/Fallon

I imagine Walton fits in either above MacLean, or between MacLean and Halmosi.

P

Paul_Roberts

GreenSam":3jr1njdl said:
To be fair, all we know of Walton is that he didn't cost the full £750,000. It was never stated exactly how much he did cost- with all the appearances he totted up after he came back from his injury, it wouldn't surprise me if it was closer to the full figure than the £200k that is often touted on here. Out of those we know for certain

1) MacLean
2) Halmosi
3) Swann/Fallon

I imagine Walton fits in either above MacLean, or between MacLean and Halmosi.

MacLean, Swan, Fallon, Walton... it's fair to say that as a club we don't have an especially good record of spending 'big' money.

Halmosi doesn't count because we had a good look at him on loan before agreeing to sign him.

Apr 15, 2008
London
Yes, I was going to say the same thing... it's almost a blessing we don't have any money to spend now.

Speaking of which, it's depressing to think that McClean will remain our biggest buy for a few good years to come.

Jul 6, 2005
pilgrim_steve":1zqdvs5q said:
Not my cup of tea!

Could never forgive him for that stupid red card at Barnsley!!

Still onwards and upwards!

COYG's
Yes, same for me with Friio when he got sent off against Oldham for fighting with Sheridan and it cost us the win that day, I've hated him ever since.

Same for Wotton when he got sent off in the Oldham away game that season and cost us that game.

E

E-Dog1

Remember him scoring a beauty against Morecambe at home, hope he gets a decent reception

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
demportdave":29ii0b1a said:
pilgrim_steve":29ii0b1a said:
Not my cup of tea!

Could never forgive him for that stupid red card at Barnsley!!

Still onwards and upwards!

COYG's
Yes, same for me with Friio when he got sent off against Oldham for fighting with Sheridan and it cost us the win that day, I've hated him ever since.

Same for Wotton when he got sent off in the Oldham away game that season and cost us that game.

Is that a joke? Wotton got sent off for taking a free kick too quickly in a bizarre game we lost 4-1 ! terrible refereeing decision
If I remember we had a goal ruled out from Shelley for no reason as well

How this is all Wotton's fault I have no idea

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Couldn't help but laugh when he had the ball down the left wing with plenty of space and time and he just dribbled it out of play :lol: :facepalm:

C

Cobi Budge.

He got a good reception, I applauded him.

However, he was awful :lol:

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
The green army gave him a lot of respect, shame he didn't give some back as he was as unsporting as the rest of that horrible Stevenage side. His yellow card for time wasting summing that up.

Jun 11, 2012
Cobi Budge.":cd5lys26 said:
He got a good reception, I applauded him.

However, he was awful :lol:
Was he? I thought he was good.

I never rated him previously though.

C

Cobi Budge.

I thought so yes. Got done by Alessandra so many times, seemed a bit like a headless chicken at times, plenty of effort, could never stamp a mark on the match though. As has been mentioned, he was one of the worst culprits of Stevenage's anti-football.