This season (enjoyment?) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

This season (enjoyment?)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Where's the insult?? Blimey, this has escalated.

I do see validity in your posts. It's the unrelenting negativity, over analysis and impression that you support a side in the relegation zone. Exemplified by the fact you thought the notion of being 13pts clear after the Pompey game, was an idea not even worth engaging with in this thread... Odd, as we're already 11 points ahead.

Never mind, let's look at the league table to cheer ourselves up, shall we? Or listen to that gushing Jim Bentley interview :)

Jan 3, 2013
Problem is, we all want Argo to go up, I have enjoyed the Exeter match, and 20 minutes v Yeovil , but all I want is for Argo to win, don't care how. All second half I just wanted the match to finish. Bizarrely I'd enjoy it more if we were in say 12th place, but I wouldn't swap our position for enjoyment

Mar 18, 2014
If we get over the line, it will be our 10th promotion in 105 seasons..................its a rare event, so we should enjoy it and quit the bitching and negativity.

Can't wait for when we seal the deal...............no doubt the normal few will be on telling us we will 100% certainly be relegated straight back again.

Mar 14, 2009
Again, you choose to ignore any postive posts lve made.

You ignore the fact l often said Argyle can and should get in the playoffs. Never once have l said Argyle are a mid-table team or a relegation. You just get the hump as l refer Argyle as more playoff material than top 3 finishers. Yes they may be 11 points clear, but they don't play with the confidence or swagger a team in 2nd should. They play like a 4th, 5th, 6th place team where they get results but are very inconsistent.

It's your interpretation of my posts. That's is nothing l can do apart from often tell you like l have in the past that your interpretation isn't the way l actually feel.

It's called an balance opinion. The same Bentley interview you referred in which he goes giving Argyle praise but also describes the great opportunities they had if getting back in the game second half.

You say lm negative and yet from the start of the season lve always maintained we would at least finish in the playoffs. Hardly negative, is it? Other posters call for Adams head and to be sacked about a month ago and somehow lm in the same bracket as them.

Unbelievable. Lol.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":1xje3vbp said:
You just get the hump as l refer Argyle as more playoff material than top 3 finishers. Yes they may be 11 points clear, but they don't play with the confidence or swagger a team in 2nd should. They play like a 4th, 5th, 6th place team where they get results but are very inconsistent.
In the grand scheme of things Micky that won't count for much. The record books will show that Argyle were promoted in the 2016-17 season. I've enjoyed more than what I've been disappointed with (admittedly I've been to a few away games too) but the aim has always been promotion, no matter how it comes.

Sep 6, 2006
Keepitgreen":34i4bs7p said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":34i4bs7p said:
You just get the hump as l refer Argyle as more playoff material than top 3 finishers. Yes they may be 11 points clear, but they don't play with the confidence or swagger a team in 2nd should. They play like a 4th, 5th, 6th place team where they get results but are very inconsistent.
In the grand scheme of things Micky that won't count for much. The record books will show that Argyle were promoted in the 2016-17 season. I've enjoyed more than what I've been disappointed with (admittedly I've been to a few away games too) but the aim has always been promotion, no matter how it comes.

Not bad to be averaging almost 2 points a game for an inconsistent side! Such a pity we cant win every game.

Aug 2, 2011
As someone who has been going and supporting since 1958. Seen it all ups downs, disappointments and moments of exhilaration. Seen stunning goals and performances and moments of unbelievable rubbish. Bored, feedup - never. Suggest you become a plastic and or just another Man U fan who never goes but reflects in their glory.

May 16, 2016
Keepitgreen":1mna320i said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1mna320i said:

How does a 3rd place team play, confident but a little less swagger perhaps ? Could we drop to playing like a 7th place team and still be in with a shout of promotion chance. Are the 4th, 5th, 6th placed teams therefore playing like 7th, 8th and 9th placed ones ?

To ba*****ise a line, "Yes he may well get us promoted this season, but what has Derek Adams ever done for performances this year ?"

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
This team has its moments but overall I can't say that I have found our form exhilarating this season. Still, it's officially the second best team in the league and I believe that it will be job done when there is 46 in the P column.

Aug 2, 2011
Guiri Green":3nc4zedn said:
Keepitgreen":3nc4zedn said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3nc4zedn said:

How does a 3rd place team play, confident but a little less swagger perhaps ? Could we drop to playing like a 7th place team and still be in with a shout of promotion chance. Are the 4th, 5th, 6th placed teams therefore playing like 7th, 8th and 9th placed ones ?

To ba*****ise a line, "Yes he may well get us promoted this season, but what has Derek Adams ever done for performances this year ?"
j

If you dont like it dont go.

Jul 11, 2011
Presto":gf90dvly said:
As someone who has been going and supporting since 1958. Seen it all ups downs, disappointments and moments of exhilaration. Seen stunning goals and performances and moments of unbelievable rubbish. Bored, feedup - never. Suggest you become a plastic and or just another Man U fan who never goes but reflects in their glory.

For someone of your maturity I would have thought you would actually comprehend what I was saying. I shall spell it out:

I could go and watch a local team, more local than PAFC (and for free) and see a more exciting game. Does it there for make me plastic that i do not watch my actual local footballing side just because they are not in the football league. I have no interest in premiership etc and also do not begrudge people from supporting those teams.

I accept that my thoughts may not be those of a committed supporter but I still turn up and pay my money, buy the shirts, travel to away games so I am by no means a plastic fan but it is fans like you (and other moany people getting on the teams back) that are part of the reason for my lacklustre feelings.

Jan 6, 2004
I haven't found this season tremendously exciting because I feel we are just finishing off what we should have done last season - an entire year's slog to make up for bottling it last season.

That said, I struggle to understand those that say the football has been poor - yes some bad performances, always will be - but at times the quality of play has been outstanding for this level- steets ahead of Warnock's team and I would say better than Dave Smith's and Luggy's promotion teams in terms of quality if not sheer domination. The Exeter game at home was the best footballing performance in many many years - probably since Holloway's team in its pomp which was arguably the best ever Argyle team

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
I think half the problem is some people watch Premiership football on TV then compare Argyles performances to what they watch on a Sunday afternoon. This is League Two and I suspect if they followed the performances week in week out of a Wycombe or a Barnet for example rather than Chelsea or Manchester City they might actually see that we are second on merit.

Aug 27, 2016
Unbelievable comments from some of the contributors on this subject.what do they actually expect from the fourth tier of the football league.The season ticket holder sitting next to me commented on Saturday that he has been pleasantly surprised by the standard of football in our division,and on the whole I have to agree with him,there have been some very good teams playing attractive football at Home Park this season i.e.recently Blackpool and Morecambe.l would suggest that the person who started this discussion gets his enjoyment elsewhere on a Saturday.He would have a lot more complain about if we were not in the top seven at present.old cliche.GET A LIFE.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Hedgehoghouse":37ybutfn said:
Unbelievable comments from some of the contributors on this subject.what do they actually expect from the fourth tier of the football league.The season ticket holder sitting next to me commented on Saturday that he has been pleasantly surprised by the standard of football in our division,and on the whole I have to agree with him,there have been some very good teams playing attractive football at Home Park this season i.e.recently Blackpool and Morecambe.l would suggest that the person who started this discussion gets his enjoyment elsewhere on a Saturday.He would have a lot more complain about if we were not in the top seven at present.old cliche.GET A LIFE.

I agree. I think the standard has got better each year we've been in this league. It is time we got out though.

This thread persuades me that my current viewing strategy is right. Got to as many away games as I can and pick and choose the home games. I can only do a dozen or so games a season so why would I want to do any different? The fact that people commented on the last 10 at Morecmabe, and the great atmosphere, is evidence that this is normally not the case for certain games. One of the favourite emotional spaces of the Argyle fan is the moan and the indignant grunt that we didn't hammer someone. So I will choose those games at home - the Derby matches, the Pompey's etc - where the vibe is different because of the oppo.

In contrast, I rarely feel deflated watching away, because there is more soul amongst the band of merry travellers. Even when the football isn't great. All in it together.