This season (enjoyment?) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

This season (enjoyment?)

Oct 31, 2015
Shankster":1rlnq8qp said:
It is generally awful to watch
Hello Shankster has woken up grumpy this morning on two threads. Did Liverpool lose? Oh no its just Shankster :)

Oct 31, 2015
Shankster":qghowc7r said:
At this juncture I'd just like to say that my baby is 18 today, 18!??? We're did that time go?
Yea I know mate time flies. Mine is 23. Sometimes I think im still 23. Blimey we are all getting older

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Biggs":1n8q4ji9 said:
Is there a block button?

MGM... I don't need an essay telling me why a 20 point gap is unlikely. For the second time​, i merely said 'I wouldn't be surprised' if it was 'CLOSER TO' 20 points. I didn't say it would be 20 points...

And yes, your language is bizarre (using other posters opinions is also bizarre because I'm talking about the LANGUAGE you specifically use) and has been all season. You consistently deliver drawn out thoughtpieces attempting to pinpoint where exactly we're going wrong. Meanwhile, the team continue to open up a commanding lead over fourth place, with a few inevitable misteps (yes, it's League Two, guys).

Bloody hell, it can't be just me... Can it?

I just skip them, they are far too long winded for my attention span.

Oct 16, 2016
rsp4":1bku5xxl said:
Shankster":1bku5xxl said:
At this juncture I'd just like to say that my baby is 18 today, 18!??? We're did that time go?
Yea I know mate time flies. Mine is 23. Sometimes I think im still 23. Blimey we are all getting older

Off to uni in September too. Family carvery today down at Mountbatten looking forward t that

I have and always will get enjoyment from supporting argyle first and foremost anyway so any enjoyment
from an entertainment point of view is not the be all and end all to me. Though passing football is always more
easier on the eye to me than direct/long stuff which usually requires 2 strikers which has to be said is way
behind in modern football terms these days regarding firstly entertainment and then results.
Thats why i disagree that DAs nearly 2 seasons in charge hasnt given us much from an entertainment point
of view. We are in the main passing the ball through from the back and when we do we are undoubtedly at our
best. There is no doubt now that away from home is where the best entertainment is to be found as that is
where we seem to win most whereas at home tis true there has been some very mixed performances.
So at home we definately have a consistency issue. For me the players are good enough as they have proved
so often in the away games. That leaves tactics/formations as the issue. 4231 i believe we may need to
move on from soon as just like the 442 in modern football it has been found out for us in home games.
I watched pocchhetinos(spelling?) 3421 spurs demolish millwalls 442 6-0 on telly recently with some
absolutely brilliant dominating football. 3CBS, 2WBS, a playmaker, ballwinner, 2 attacking mids floating
around a solitary mobile striker. Obviously a big gulf in player quality but apparently they are unbeatable
at home in the premierre as well. Neil harris tried everything. He played with width to mark the wingbacks
and was outnumbered in the centre. If he went narrow spurs controlled through the wingbacks. If they pressed
high they got slaughtered on the counter. It was a bit of an eye opener to be honest.
Pocchettino was managing southampton when i first noticed the 4231 and him using it in england along with martinez
at everton. So he has now moved on from the 4231 possibly for the same reasons DA possibly might need to move on
for us in home games as well?
That game also proved to me that 2 up top just doesnt cut it anymore in modern pro football if you want to play
football the right way and want to look to progress to higher levels where it would seem midfield is the key.
So in general i believe that the DA argyle is still a work in progress and good home entertainment which will
no doubt involve us winning more home games will come in time. We need to be able to control or counter well
within games to achieve this and yesterday proved that we aint there yet on that. We controlled well but
countered poorly but DA if he is as driven as people speak of him then he will always be looking to improve us.
That spurs home performance for me is where he should definately be trying to take us.

Jul 29, 2010
Sitting back and looking at it objectively, at the bigger picture...

...five years ago we'd have bitten your hand off to be moaning over the quality of football whilst sitting in second, ten points form the play-offs with eight games to go.

It changes nothing, it reduces none of the frustration, but it does remind us that, as problems go, it's a nice one to have.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
After the amount of years spent in this league im not fussy at all by how we get out of it.

I also think the playing style will improve if we find ourselves in league 1 next season.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
If I'm honest I've probably enjoyed following the away games on Pasoti/mini chat than the games I've attended at Home Park---the football, more often than not, has been atrocious. However, I am a football fan and it's not just about what happens on the pitch. I enjoy the whole match day experience even when it's pi**ing down and Argyle are playing like a hungover pub team on a Tuesday evening. Looking forward to an upgrade in quality when we get into League 1 though!

Because much of my family is in London, I spend a fair amount of time there, and see quite a number of championship and league one games.

I can't count the number of times I've sat there this season thinking 'hang on, this is not as good as argyle when we're on song'. In fact I've watched a number of games you'd consider dire even in league two.

I'm therefore convinced that when we get there, and with some consistency, we have a playing style which will suit a higher division. Add to that generally better pitches (not that there aren't some decent ones in league two), and a bit less clogging and gamesmanship without the Westleys and their kind, and I know I'll feel very confident about our future once we're up.

Jul 29, 2010
Not alone in my theory then it seems :thumbup:

DA took Ross County through the Scottish pyramid, he honed his tactical preference up to SPL level, that's Championship level at it's top end. When you think about it, it must've been a step backwards to come up against yer Westleys and Ainsworths.

Just 'kin get over the line Argo.

Mar 14, 2009
Biggs":3cktsjvo said:
Is there a block button?

MGM... I don't need an essay telling me why a 20 point gap is unlikely. For the second time​, i merely said 'I wouldn't be surprised' if it was 'CLOSER TO' 20 points. I didn't say it would be 20 points...

And yes, your language is bizarre (using other posters opinions is also bizarre because I'm talking about the LANGUAGE you specifically use) and has been all season. You consistently deliver drawn out thoughtpieces attempting to pinpoint where exactly we're going wrong. Meanwhile, the team continue to open up a commanding lead over fourth place, with a few inevitable misteps (yes, it's League Two, guys).

Bloody hell, it can't be just me... Can it?

If you get that upset over someone's opinion it's in your best interests to block me.....then l don't have to listen to you whinging over and over again.

This thread was about whether the games were enjoyable. I didn't start the thread. I just added my opinion why the OP might have a point. It's called a debate. So l explain my reasoning behind things. You say a few inevitable mishaps. People werent saying this after Blackpool because it was clear the poor way we perform at home was becoming a regular occurrence. You just unwilling to take on board that Argyle haven't played decent football for the majority of home matches. By decent, lm talking about a standard like the 20mins in, yesterday's game, between when we scored. Sharp, crisp passing. Spreading the ball quickly and doing it without the need to regularly go backwards. That standard of play has happened about a handful of times at home. Unfortunately we normally get the slow, passing backwards style that sees a woeful final pass or cross easily intercepted.

The reason l go over comments you make is lm just counter balancing what you say. By no means am l 100% right in what l have said this season but neither are you. I think somewhere between our opinions is actual how our season has/is turned out. Where is that not reasonable? You have made some insightful comments and correct in what you say. So l believe have l.

The difference between is just because l have a opinion that differs doesn't mean l can't see your argument. Where as you are unwilling to acknowledge anything l say has some validity. The worse thing is you have to insult me and what l write to make a point. I mean most people who can't stand my posts would ignore me. Not you however. Who constantly goes on how it winds him up. It's almost like you can't help yourself.

I still remaining civil to you because that's how l operate. lf you can't then please now, don't respond. Thank you.

Aug 15, 2008
Im enjoying our time in the sunshine. We had a decent but frustrating year last year. The way we gave it away is why most of us are fractious after avoidable home defeats to County and Orient etc. We are entitled to ask " are we doing it again?"
The answer is we are not. We are, step by step, walking to the summit. It is not done yet and until we see a P by our moniker on the table no one should be celebrating - in my book anyway.
Enjoy this because its a rare thing to be successful in football.