Ticket thread | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ticket thread

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
No mate, what I know is you love a good moan.

I saw someone looking around for Daggers stubs, he looked up and said "I'm saving these for stubs for the play offs" - Now that's a planner.

May 3, 2015
Any idea on allocation ? guessing around the 2,500 mark ? one ticket for an exile to general sale can't be to much to ask can it ?

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
IJN":3j933ekp said:

I saw someone looking around for Daggers stubs, he looked up and said "I'm saving these for stubs for the play offs" - Now that's a planner.
Or a bottler.

If we'd have beaten Cambridge....

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":3db6kp71 said:

What I know is that the club is repeatedly p1ssing off its loyal fans - the whole ticketing arrangements are very last minute when it was quite obvious for weeks that the play offs were a possibility and its quite obvious they are annoying a lot of people for a variety of reasons.
I expect the premium rate line that they set up for people to buy their tickets from is rubbing its hands in glee when people start clocking up £60 / £70 / £80 phone bills next week....that there is a club that looks after its fans.

There is absolutely no discernible reason the club couldn't have announced before the Dagenham game that the tickets should be retained oe even suggested weeks ago that people with 4 stubs from the last 6 (or similar) would have priority should we be in the playoffs. No discernible reason other than that the club are run with all the professionalism of the average village pantomime

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
LG":35krjw6k said:
If we'd have beaten Cambridge....

A planner always allows for the worst case scenario not the best.

If we went automatically would his life end because he owned three soggy stubs?

T

Tynan's Dad

I don't know how the England Members aclub sort out tournament tickets anymore, but you used to earn points for every game you attended. 1pt for home qualifier, 2pts for home friendly, 3pts for away qualifier and 4pts for away friendly.

Surely, with the club system being computerised it wouldn't be too tricky to put in place a similar system, even if it were as simple as 1pt per game attended. Would take nigh on zero effort and fans who like to pay on the gate would do so on the understanding they wouldn't have their game recorded on the system.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I do think the club are behind others in terms of ticket allocations (well on a lot of things to be fair but we'll stay on topic), other clubs have membership cards that points are added to on purchases like tickets (home/away) and even purchases in the club shop and these points are used in the hierarchy of purchasing priority tickets.

Can't be too hard to implement surely? For the future, obviously - probably too late now!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Tynan's Dad":p3l0la4e said:
I don't know how the England Members aclub sort out tournament tickets anymore, but you used to earn points for every game you attended. 1pt for home qualifier, 2pts for home friendly, 3pts for away qualifier and 4pts for away friendly.

Surely, with the club system being computerised it wouldn't be too tricky to put in place a similar system, even if it were as simple as 1pt per game attended. Would take nigh on zero effort and fans who like to pay on the gate would do so on the understanding they wouldn't have their game recorded on the system.

What about the away fans that buy tickets from the host club?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm not defending the club mate it's just some of the suggestions from annoyed fans don't stand up.

Just imagine if PAFC has said on the OS BEFORE the Daggers match 'In the event of us not getting into the automatics you must keep the stubs of today's match'.

The thread would have been 'What sort of message does this give out'.

Damned if they and damned if they don't.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
IJN":33m2ookb said:
I'm not defending the club mate it's just some of the suggestions from annoyed fans don't stand up.

Just imagine if PAFC has said on the OS BEFORE the Daggers match 'In the event of us not getting into the automatics you must keep the stubs of today's match'.

The thread would have been 'What sort of message does this give out'.

Damned if they and damned if they don't.
I would call it Planning on the club's part Ian.
After all, they managed to do that when announcing the season ticket prices for 2016/17.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
If the club had announced ticketing arrangements before the Dagenham game there would have been a thread complaining that we were planning for the playoffs when we should have been concentrating on achieving automatics. There was already suggestions that we wanted to get in the playoffs to make more money.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Not to mention all the fair weather fans only turning up to the Dagenham game.

I'd imagine 99% of people that want a ticket will get a ticket and those few that don't? Someone has to miss out. FISH.

Mar 8, 2016
Proper planing prevents pee poor performance and all that, just wish argyle planned ahead like the fans are meant to, if they where to cascade this information sooner then problems such as this wouldn't arise. My balls are hairy not crystal. Never mind pretty sure everyone that wants to attend will manage to get a ticket to be fair.