Ticket thread | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ticket thread

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Looking at it logically, there were just over 9,000 Argyle fans at the Dagenham game, say 3,000 of those are various ST holders (it might even be 3,500), that leaves 6,000 fans who also need to buy a ticket for the Hartlepool game to collect the second ticket stub and it needs to be the same 6,000 fans because both ticket stubs are needed.
Will the same 6,000 fans actually go to both the Dagenham and Hartlepool games?
How many ST holders are also Big Green lottery members? Most of them I would guess.

Even if they do, after accounting for Pompey's allocation (they brought 1,700 for the league game), it still leaves around 4,500 tickets that will go on general sale before we hit capacity.
I'm sure fans without the two ticket stubs will get a ticket if they buy on Sunday or early on Monday, anything after that might be a problem. Once again, if anyone is organised and prepared they should get a ticket.

That said, last season the club announced before the final game against Tranmere that the ticket stub will be needed if we reached the play-offs but that was when we were rising into the play-offs and not dropping into them with automatic promotion still a possibility.

Dec 3, 2005
davie nine":fabxk8wm said:
If the club had announced ticketing arrangements before the Dagenham game there would have been a thread complaining that we were planning for the playoffs when we should have been concentrating on achieving automatics. There was already suggestions that we wanted to get in the playoffs to make more money.

Like LG said earlier, Argyle managed to cover every eventuality when selling next seasons Season Tickets.

So what would have been wrong in them covering every eventuality regarding promotion automatically or having to play in the Play Offs??

Who makes these decisions at Argyle???

I really feel for the supporters who pay on the day and watch Argyle through out the season, and just happen to throw their ticket stubs away.

Argyle you have messed up AGAIN and upset alot of your SUPPORTERS!

Dec 3, 2005
GTTB Resurgam":b1rn2ncn said:
Do we have to ring on Sunday morning or will the online ticketing system work after 9am too? Don't fancy a massive bill for being on hold.

I would ASSUME they would open at the same time as the ticket office:

We recommend, if possible, buying online, at www.eticketing.co.uk/pafc, as the best option to save time and to avoid billing costs to your 'phone.
Read more at http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/port ... TO5T8bs.99

But you never know :)

Feb 23, 2008
Just so I've got the right end of the stick here, as a season ticket holder that has seen all 22 home games so far this season, and with two young lads who only missed one game due to it being an evening kick off, I can only reserve my seat until after the Hartlepool game finishes?

If we're home on the Thursday, they can't come as it's a school night, if we are on the Sunday then it's just about do-able.....so do I just buy three tickets on the off chance we're at home on the Sunday?

Anyone know if I do buy three whether I can get a refund on the two boy's tickets if they can't go?

Seems a right arse about face way of doing things, especially as we've been going all season....

Sep 18, 2010
Absolute shambolic disgrace Argyle.

Amateur hour!

You should be using the information you keep on your system as proof of whether supporters purchased tickets for the D & R plus Hartlepool games! It's simple!

Sort it out. You have time!

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
chunkymonkey78":1xya9tu9 said:
Just so I've got the right end of the stick here, as a season ticket holder that has seen all 22 home games so far this season, and with two young lads who only missed one game due to it being an evening kick off, I can only reserve my seat until after the Hartlepool game finishes?

If we're home on the Thursday, they can't come as it's a school night, if we are on the Sunday then it's just about do-able.....so do I just buy three tickets on the off chance we're at home on the Sunday?

Anyone know if I do buy three whether I can get a refund on the two boy's tickets if they can't go?

Seems a right arse about face way of doing things, especially as we've been going all season....

Agreed. I know there isn't a great timescale for tickets to be bought but they're fudging about ST holders by rushing them to save their seat without knowing whether or not they can even go to the game! And these are the people that are supposed to have bought the ST for a priority on tickets, not to get messed about!

May 8, 2011
Portsmouth are also selling tickets to their season tickets holders before the dates are confirmed.
If tickets didn't go on sale until after Saturday's game with only a four day gap think of the chaos, especially if people went straight to the ticket office as soon as the final whistle went.

Apr 6, 2009
Whatever argyle did about these ticket arrangements it would be wrong!
Not saying d&r stubs were needed is frustrating but sounds like some people thought about it. If they'd said before everyone would be saying the club didn't want automatic promotion. I'm assuming the whole reason you need both us to try and ensure its argyle fans as opposed to joe blogs who just wants to go so will buy a single Hartlepool ticket. That being said dong get why they can't use their system as opposed to needing a stub.

Agai. With buying tickets early it's frustrating. I am the same that I can only go away if it's thurs not Sunday. But leaving 12000 tickets or thereabouts for 5 days purchasing was never going to work. I would also like to find out about returning them however do if any info comes out please post

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
I assume if you POTD at the turnstile they don't take your name & address etc and feed it into the ticket database?

So it's nonsense to suggest that the ticket office has details of everyone who attended the D&R game.

Apr 6, 2009
David_Fisher":26e79lxt said:
I assume if you POTD at the turnstile they don't take your name & address etc and feed it into the ticket database?

So it's nonsense to suggest that the ticket office has details of everyone who attended the D&R game.

This is true but if you bought at the ticket office that should suffice over a stub. Obv if you bought at the turnstiles you'll need the stub

Apr 6, 2009
I'm assuming there aren't any Pompey fans who are members of argyle so hopefully none!