Torquay United Away | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Torquay United Away

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
rawleyboy":3a7q75e6 said:
No problem, half hour to newton Abbot horse racing on same day afternoon meet so could be a bit of traffic around another half hour 45 mins to plainmoor street parking around ground
Newton Abbot racing is on Monday 27th July not on the Tuesday.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
djg145":lp1wb4nq said:
Totnes is horrendous between 5 and 6, there again Newton Abbot road to Torquay is even worse, with the roadworks at that time of the night. Better checking trains to be fair. If I was doing it I would come thru Totnes after 6 and then thru Paignton, should have cleared a bit by then. :)

Post Code is: TQ1 3PS

Thanks. :scarf:

Jul 29, 2010
Mike Greening":1t8dak5m said:
djg145":1t8dak5m said:
Totnes is horrendous between 5 and 6, there again Newton Abbot road to Torquay is even worse, with the roadworks at that time of the night. Better checking trains to be fair. If I was doing it I would come thru Totnes after 6 and then thru Paignton, should have cleared a bit by then. :)

Yup, you irritated quite a few last time by retrospectively ridiculing the travel options of greens who were complaining about being stuck in traffic jams. Genuinely, it's nice to see you've got ahead of the curve and provided a local 'heads up' before the game.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
rawleyboy":2fmw67bl said:
No problem, half hour to newton Abbot horse racing on same day afternoon meet so could be a bit of traffic around another half hour 45 mins to plainmoor street parking around ground

Nah. Newton Abbot in rush-hour is a nightmare, and the Penn Inn roundabout is Dante's secret tenth circle of Hell - made 10 times worse with building the new link road ... and throw in the holiday makers with their frikkin' caravans...

I would honestly say that leaving Plymouth just after 6pm is pushing it to get to the game on time.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
X Isle":3ecg4ngg said:
Mike Greening":3ecg4ngg said:
djg145":3ecg4ngg said:

Yup, you irritated quite a few last time by retrospectively ridiculing the travel options of greens who were complaining about being stuck in traffic jams. Genuinely, it's nice to see you've got ahead of the curve and provided a local 'heads up' before the game.

Wrong Mike I think, I never ridicule the traveling Green Army. As an aside using the back roads which go past Ugbrough brings you into Totnes down the hill by the traffic lights by the railway station. There might be an alternative route by heading towards Kingsbridge and bearing off to the left but I'm not sure on that one. :scarf:

Jul 29, 2010
Mike Greening":1j4vob7b said:
X Isle":1j4vob7b said:
Mike Greening":1j4vob7b said:
djg145":1j4vob7b said:

Wrong Mike I think, I never ridicule the traveling Green Army. As an aside using the back roads which go past Ugbrough brings you into Totnes down the hill by the traffic lights by the railway station. There might be an alternative route by heading towards Kingsbridge and bearing off to the left but I'm not sure on that one. :scarf:

T'was for djg Mike, apologies if it wasn't clear. Only included your post as I was agreeing with your thanks.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
IJN":1g3t1jyn said:
djg145":1g3t1jyn said:
Totnes is horrendous

:clap:

Totally agree.

Yep but it does have an Argyle Terrace...

BtJyTnTCYAAzvie.jpg

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Quinny":16gfrmw2 said:
rawleyboy":16gfrmw2 said:

Nah. Newton Abbot in rush-hour is a nightmare, and the Penn Inn roundabout is Dante's secret tenth circle of Hell - made 10 times worse with building the new link road ... and throw in the holiday makers with their frikkin' caravans...

I would honestly say that leaving Plymouth just after 6pm is pushing it to get to the game on time.

Well I'm chancing it. Will be leaving shortly after 6, plan on hitting Totnes, through Berry Pomelroy then on to Plainmoor

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
I've been going to Torquay for many a year,since the days of robin stubbs,and tried all routes,and they have always been slow going,whichever way you decide to enter Torquay.you just gotta leave plymouth early,around 4-00pm and join the queues...

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Alan we won't be leaving that early, it's 1945 kick off.

We'll leave at 1730, get there at about 1830 and then get our usual fish and chips.

Jan 3, 2013
oddball":p37fzlcc said:
I've been going to Torquay for many a year,since the days of robin stubbs,and tried all routes,and they have always been slow going,whichever way you decide to enter Torquay.you just gotta leave plymouth early,around 4-00pm and join the queues...
and Bruce Stuckey.....first player I ever saw wearing white boots. As for the shenanigans in the mini-stand :oops: