Torquay United Away | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Torquay United Away

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
TUFC did it when the roles were reversed in 2003 apparently.

Good gesture by ECFC.

Dreamgreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Philly Cent":t9xyvzil said:
Bet365 have it as a 7:45 kick off.

Argyle are 6/4 to win if anybody fancies a flutter, pretty generous odds imo!

It will be shorter odds than that when Bet365 discover that Argyle kick off at 7.30 and the Turks don't get going until 7.45 :lol:

N

newquaygreen

IJN":try511yi said:

Good gesture by ECFC.

I think we should do likewise, if Exeter can afford to I am sure we can.
In the article it talks about all the Devon clubs sticking together, this is the right attitude to have, rivalry and banter of course but in the end all 3 of our main clubs in business has to be a good thing. (Just with Argyle above the others) :scarf: :scarf:

May 16, 2005
Elburton
No wonder there's confusion!

The Herald has the kick off as 7.30! FFS!

Just to confirm, kick off is 7.45 per the TUFC website.

Edited to add: The Herald has now corrected its error.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
newquaygreen":3036lr8l said:
IJN":3036lr8l said:

Good gesture by ECFC.

In the article it talks about all the Devon clubs sticking together, this is the right attitude to have, rivalry and banter of course but in the end all 3 of our main clubs in business has to be a good thing. (Just with Argyle above the others) :scarf: :scarf:

I would imagine the club will do the right thing.

Perhaps there's nothing to waive if you see what I mean.

ECFC had one arrangement (sharing etc) we might have said 'It's all yours' - I would say that ECFC PR is bang on these days though.

They capitalised some good will about the TUFC Academy weeks after Argyle had contacted them. Thing is they gained kudos from it whilst we didn't.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
IJN":mzm504va said:
newquaygreen":mzm504va said:
IJN":mzm504va said:

Good gesture by ECFC.

I would imagine the club will do the right thing.

Perhaps there's nothing to waive if you see what I mean.

ECFC had one arrangement (sharing etc) we might have said 'It's all yours' - I would say that ECFC PR is bang on these days though.

They capitalised some good will about the TUFC Academy weeks after Argyle had contacted them. Thing is they gained kudos from it whilst we didn't.

It seems like the Exeter academy has benefitted more than ours but in many ways this is understandable.
The only thing I'm jealous of regarding the six toes is their Cat and Fiddle set up. If only someone could donate X amount of good acreage for Argyle to develope.

Jul 6, 2011
Is Jamie Richards still on trial with torquay? Could be an interesting reunion if he is, always rated that young man.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Molton green 1989":3q03x2a3 said:
Torquay tonight.. The first real test of our new team?

I would have thought Reading U21's was a far bigger test.

Jan 27, 2012
I can't remember any other pre-season where Argyle haven't played football league opposition.

Its an embarrassment for Argyle to play Reading U-21s. Its not even a Championship reserve team for crying out loud.

Perhaps next time Brent holds a public meeting someone can ask him why decent pre-season fixtures were not arranged. Removed by Site Admin - Unnecessary language. Do you have to be so nasty?

Torquay is the only game where we get to see Argyle take on full-time professional men. Not amateurs or kids.

Nov 4, 2012
gaspargomez":1l4fnez6 said:
I can't remember any other pre-season where Argyle haven't played football league opposition.

Its an embarrassment for Argyle to play Reading U-21s. Its not even a Championship reserve team for crying out loud.

Perhaps next time Brent holds a public meeting someone can ask him why decent pre-season fixtures were not arranged. Removed by Site Admin - Unnecessary language. Do you have to be so nasty?

Torquay is the only game where we get to see Argyle take on full-time professional men. Not amateurs or kids.

Forest Green are better than Torquay just to be pedantic.