Torquay United Away | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Torquay United Away

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
This pre-season friendly schedule complaining has been done to death. DA was annoyed about it, and I'm sure the powers-that-be within the club won't make the same mistake again. Get over it.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's like a stuck record. It's obvious there's been a cock up. Why go on and on about it?

Apr 3, 2015
I hate to say it but facing a U21 Reading, Palace, Villa, etc is better preparation than a non league team. The prospect of loans or future signings from these sides has to be weighed up as well. I would like something similar to continue next year, alongside league opposition.

Would like to know the costs with getting Swansea down last year and how much was made from the attendance (bearing in mind a late Sunday evening kick off).

By the reports, we learned more from facing Reading that we did Swansea.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Quinny":19yhqc1r said:
This pre-season friendly schedule complaining has been done to death. DA was annoyed about it, and I'm sure the powers-that-be within the club won't make the same mistake again. Get over it.
This is Argyle though Quinny.
We make cock-ups and mistakes look like an art form :lol:

Jan 27, 2012
I see my post was edited by the admin

"unnecessary language, do you have to be so nasty ?"

To be very clear to everyone else reading this thread I didn't use a swear word and I made a general (humerous) remark which was hardly nasty or aimed at any particular individual !! Even by PASOTI standards this edit is a little over the top I think.

And admin please leave this post in the thread for others to see. You've said your bit, let me say mine.

B

Bonehead

I want to know why we never played a decent team for a home friendly.

Can anybody also explain why there were no programs nor buses to the Reading game, my pasty wals also cold.

Regards,

Angry Of Plymouth

A

alex-d

It is beginning to get irritating that there seems to be a different 1 or 2 players injured every game and this is worryingly highlighting our lack of squad depth! I know it's harsh but imo injury prone/affected players rarely change their spots and are such a big risk and the likes of Brunt, Cox and Simpson seem to be falling into that bracket. In the past the likes of David Mcnamee and Yoann Folly also suffered similarly.

Apr 3, 2015
alex-d":vd0gvmg2 said:
It is beginning to get irritating that there seems to be a different 1 or 2 players injured every game and this is worryingly highlighting our lack of squad depth! I know it's harsh but imo injury prone/affected players rarely change their spots and are such a big risk and the likes of Brunt, Cox and Simpson seem to be falling into that bracket. In the past the likes of David Mcnamee and Yoann Folly also suffered similarly.

Simpson has spent a season out. Perhaps 3 games in 6 days is too much and we are nursing him for the real thing.

I am surprised there hasn't been slightly more rotation during pre season and for this game. Forest Green will be a tough fixture, they have some physical players.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
paranoid android 123":1atsznur said:
alex-d":1atsznur said:

Simpson has spent a season out. Perhaps 3 games in 6 days is too much and we are nursing him for the real thing.

I am surprised there hasn't been slightly more rotation during pre season and for this game. Forest Green will be a tough fixture, they have some physical players.

Not seen any indication they're injured?

Rotation wise - think that is an indication of the lack of depth in our squad. Not many first team minutes between Lane, Hall, Rooney. Purrington and Tyler Harvey are not exactly experienced either.

Apr 3, 2015
cheshiregreen":2wowi7o5 said:
paranoid android 123":2wowi7o5 said:
alex-d":2wowi7o5 said:

Not seen any indication they're injured?

Rotation wise - think that is an indication of the lack of depth in our squad.

Agreed you only need to look at the bench to recognise a minimum of two more are needed just to cover injuries and still have a reputable bench option.

By starting with one or two of the bench players would give the manager time to form further opinions and display the need to the powers above.

Brunt's partner is expecting, maybe that's the reason for his absence.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
gaspargomez":1kadm4k9 said:
I can't remember any other pre-season where Argyle haven't played football league opposition.

Its an embarrassment for Argyle to play Reading U-21s. Its not even a Championship reserve team for crying out loud.

Perhaps next time Brent holds a public meeting someone can ask him why decent pre-season fixtures were not arranged. Removed by Site Admin - Unnecessary language. Do you have to be so nasty?

Torquay is the only game where we get to see Argyle take on full-time professional men. Not amateurs or kids.
you should have gone to the reading game mate!both sides were well matched and a credit to the sport and their respective clubs.