Torquay United Away | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Torquay United Away

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
As for the shenanigans in the mini-stand :oops:
February 1969, my first ever away game and Argyle won 1-0. It was an evening game and I went up on the Argyle coach after school.

I can remember being crushed in the the old mini-Kop behind the goal, with Argyle and Torquay fans in together as there was no segregation in those days. Unbelievable now but I think the crowd was about 16000 that night.

Jul 13, 2009
LISKEARD
Quinny":2b2qstya said:
rawleyboy":2b2qstya said:
No problem, half hour to newton Abbot horse racing on same day afternoon meet so could be a bit of traffic around another half hour 45 mins to plainmoor street parking around ground

Nah. Newton Abbot in rush-hour is a nightmare, and the Penn Inn roundabout is Dante's secret tenth circle of Hell - made 10 times worse with building the new link road ... and throw in the holiday makers with their frikkin' caravans...

I would honestly say that leaving Plymouth just after 6pm is pushing it to get to the game on time.

Head the back way to Torquay from Penn Inn follow the signs for Milber and it brings you out at Barton (where the ski slope is/was) that's probably the easiest and quicker way to head to Torquay that or come off before Penn Inn (Sainsburys/Decoy) and go that way

Dec 3, 2005
LiskeardLooney":127no1qh said:
Quinny":127no1qh said:
rawleyboy":127no1qh said:
No problem, half hour to newton Abbot horse racing on same day afternoon meet so could be a bit of traffic around another half hour 45 mins to plainmoor street parking around ground

Nah. Newton Abbot in rush-hour is a nightmare, and the Penn Inn roundabout is Dante's secret tenth circle of Hell - made 10 times worse with building the new link road ... and throw in the holiday makers with their frikkin' caravans...

I would honestly say that leaving Plymouth just after 6pm is pushing it to get to the game on time.

Head the back way to Torquay from Penn Inn follow the signs for Milber and it brings you out at Barton (where the ski slope is/was) that's probably the easiest and quicker way to head to Torquay that or come off before Penn Inn (Sainsburys/Decoy) and go that way

OMG directions from a local bouy :)

C

centralgreen

I would stay away frpm Penn Inn tailbacks from all the commuters coming back from exeter

Paignton on to Torquay for me.

Dec 3, 2005
As I say - being a local to Paignton - do NOT go the Penn Inn way - it will be aweful.

Best idea is to plan on going thru Totnes at approx 6pm then either Berry Pomeroy or thru Paignton to the ring road to Torquay. :)

Aug 3, 2009
Torquay
Struggling to decide which way to travel to Tuesdays game at Torquay. Don't know if to turn left or right outside my front door for the 90 second journey. Its nice having an away game on my doorstep. COME ON YOU GREENS.

P

Positively Green

Can someone confirm the EXACT time of Kick Off please? The Argyle website has just said 7.30 but I was told by TU Box Office that it's 7.45. It will make quite a difference to anyone wondering if they can get to the match in time if they are travelling from Cornwall/Plymouth after leaving work.

P

Positively Green

I am wondering if it's the commentary that starts at 7.30 or the match - but I had already had conflicting times from elsewhere. It could well be my mistake. Everyone makes them!!

Oct 19, 2010
Bet365 have it as a 7:45 kick off.

Argyle are 6/4 to win if anybody fancies a flutter, pretty generous odds imo!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Positively Green":3ai3nqyt said:
I am wondering if it's the commentary that starts at 7.30!

Of course it is.

I'm sure Frank will apologise soon.

Feb 19, 2013
Not sure how to do links but read on the bbc website that exeter are giving all the gate receipt money in there friendly with torquay to torquay, basically there wavering there share.

Nice gesture just wandered if we were doing the same to help torquay out?