Tuesday v Northampton | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Tuesday v Northampton

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
djg145":365zkvkt said:
Predicting some difficult to understand substitutions and more difficult to understand tactics.

I will be listening on the radio - cant be asked to travel to HP to watch it.

I can rectify that..........

Would you like to travel to Home Park to watch the Northampton match ?

There you are : you can go now.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
I’ll be there, as I nearly always am. Pi$$ poor tactics though are beginning to make attending feel more like a punishment than enjoyment.

Jul 12, 2016
Knibbsworth, I admire your optimism but looking at replies from other posters you are in the minority. I have supported Argyle through good and bad times but cannot recall another season where a manager has sucked the enjoyment out of attending Home Park.

Aug 5, 2016
skynet":33h3ru7m said:
Knibbsworth":33h3ru7m said:
oldage":33h3ru7m said:
"No new manager would get more out of the players" DA 's tactics are the problem not the players spirit so a new manager could revitalise the squad.
Ah so the ridiculous and early red card today had no bearing on the match, it was all poor tactics?

One tangle of legs and a week's worth of match preparation goes out of the window.

I can't stand this forum when Argyle lose, supporters are so fickle and such armchair experts. They demand three points a game and even get annoyed at draws.

Argyle are in a relegation battle. We WILL lose some games between now and April, you don't need to call for the manager's head when he's lost one in seven, massively due to an awful red card decision.

Why not try backing the manager and the players for the next match?

I will always back the players but surely even you can see this manager has no idea. Referees didn't get us 23rd in the league table or sign a collective crock of sh1te in the summer. League 2 here we come.

We came from the division below last season and clearly had to spend a lot of the budget keeping Carey.

Our signings haven't been the best because there isn't a great budget. That's why we haven't got Billy Sharp or Paddy Madden.

What right have we got to be top half like you were all expecting?

We are in a relegation battle. We need to be happy with staying up, and stop demanding the manager's head every time we have a fifteen minute red card and we can't win after 75 mins being a player down.

I am confident we will stay up under Derek Adams and his hard to beat tactics - not the free flowing all out attacking football the deluded expect from a group of players without a goalscorer among them.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":2vj1gq8m said:
skynet":2vj1gq8m said:
Knibbsworth":2vj1gq8m said:
oldage":2vj1gq8m said:
"No new manager would get more out of the players" DA 's tactics are the problem not the players spirit so a new manager could revitalise the squad.
Ah so the ridiculous and early red card today had no bearing on the match, it was all poor tactics?

One tangle of legs and a week's worth of match preparation goes out of the window.

I can't stand this forum when Argyle lose, supporters are so fickle and such armchair experts. They demand three points a game and even get annoyed at draws.

Argyle are in a relegation battle. We WILL lose some games between now and April, you don't need to call for the manager's head when he's lost one in seven, massively due to an awful red card decision.

I will always back the players but surely even you can see this manager has no idea. Referees didn't get us 23rd in the league table or sign a collective crock of sh1te in the summer. League 2 here we come.

We came from the division below last season and clearly had to spend a lot of the budget keeping Carey.

Our signings haven't been the best because there isn't a great budget. That's why we haven't got Billy Sharp or Paddy Madden.

We are in a relegation battle. We need to be happy with staying up, and stop demanding the manager's head every time we have a fifteen minute red card and we can't win after 75 mins being a player down.

I am confident we will stay up under Derek Adams and his hard to beat tactics - not the free flowing all out attacking football the deluded expect from a group of players without a goalscorer among them.

Hard to beat tactics??? We've lost 10 out of 18 leagues games!! Scored a paltry 13 goals in those 18 games and kept only 4 clean sheets.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
oldage":7epeb466 said:
Knibbsworth, I admire your optimism but looking at replies from other posters you are in the minority. I have supported Argyle through good and bad times but cannot recall another season where a manager has sucked the enjoyment out of attending Home Park.

Since when has being in the minority meant you were wrong?

Anyway, I don't know why people are going on about the run we had over a month ago that put us in our current position, unless they think the board does retrospective sackings.

We are STILL on an upward curve. One nightmare game to break a 6 match unbeaten run shouldn't lead to the hysterics on here over the last couple of days.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Knibbsworth":n4acblqq said:
skynet":n4acblqq said:
Knibbsworth":n4acblqq said:
oldage":n4acblqq said:

Hahaha 'hard to beat'
If these tactics are 'hard to beat' why do we only have 14 points from a possible 54? Doesn't seem like many clubs are finding them 'hard to beat' with a gd of minus 15.
Cue the inevitable 'you can prove anything with facts' retort
There's delusion and then there's delusion

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
up_the_line":115s0m6t said:
Knibbsworth":115s0m6t said:
skynet":115s0m6t said:
Knibbsworth":115s0m6t said:
oldage":115s0m6t said:

Hahaha 'hard to beat'
If these tactics are 'hard to beat' why do we only have 14 points from a possible 54? Doesn't seem like many clubs are finding them 'hard to beat' with a gd of minus 15.
Cue the inevitable 'you can prove anything with facts' retort
There's delusion and then there's delusion

Knibbsworth is right IMO. I'm sure the 'hard to beat' tactics he refers to are those you've seen (if you have of course) since the Blackburn game. Unlike most of the nonsense written on this thread, there is also evidence to support it - only 2 goals conceded in 5 games up until Bradford.

Personally, I hope we can set Saturday's result to one side and get that mentality back into the team. Like it or not, it's our best chance of survival this season.

Mar 12, 2011
Plymouth
samjones":2jcb9k8v said:
DA IS NOT GOING TO GET SACKED - END OF.

He will take us DOWN before he gets sacked GUARANTEED.

I'm not a DA fan - hate his negative tactics, bull5h1t interviews, team selections and substitutions.
I can't find one good quality that he has TBH but JB is not going to sack him anytime soon. If he was he would have gone after those 8 defeats out of 9.
Sadly we are stuck with the stubborn git to the end of the season and beyond I suspect.
The 5h1t brand of football seriously has me questioning whether I will renew my season ticket after 20 years

Agree with you, and so do many others , look at the General Picture same tactics same mistakes the way we are going we will be relegated by Xmas.
He wants width so he brings on a full back with no pace, when he has two wingers sitting on the bench .
Adams was good for the Football club because he brought organisation to it, but you need players in the penalty area to win games not eleven players behind the ball.

Jul 12, 2016
Just add Biggs to my earlier comment. You are both entitled to your opinion but even the most green tinted supporters must recognise we need a miracle to stay up.

E

Electronic

oldage":3jtbbhrw said:
Just add Biggs to my earlier comment. You are both entitled to your opinion but even the most green tinted supporters must recognise we need a miracle to stay up.

That's such an over-exaggeration. If we win on Tuesday we could be as little as 1 point from coming out of the bottom four with 81 more points to play for.

We're in a relegation battle, no doubt, and our home form is abysmal - but it isn't yet a crisis situation. Prior to Saturday, form was good. Granted, another defeat on Tuesday and things will be looking significantly more grim - mostly because it's a six-pointer.

Oct 20, 2015
Have to say we're due a 0-0 as other posters have predicted. That does nothing to our table position nor does it appease the fans desperate for something decent to watch - how much will DA's negative tactics impact the gate receipts this season? And therefore the money available to spend in January, or more importantly for our impending L2 campaign 2018-19?

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
slingsby_pobble":3hs2bc4b said:
Have to say we're due a 0-0 as other posters have predicted. That does nothing to our table position nor does it appease the fans desperate for something decent to watch - how much will DA's negative tactics impact the gate receipts this season? And therefore the money available to spend in January, or more importantly for our impending L2 campaign 2018-19?

Well, the 'negative tactics' that saw us unbeaten in 6 meant a rise from 8280 against Shrewsbury to 10805 against Oxford. Even allowing for the Oxford following that's a decent upward move.

Entertainment matters, results are more important.

Aug 11, 2013
This game does feel like a bit of a watershed one .. or am I being a drama queen?

I've supported DA up until this point but the credit in the bank from last year's promotion is dwindling rapidly. He is well overdrawn now and I think that the tide may turn unfavorably for him if we fail to win tomorrow.

What is frustrating for me is that despite our Home form being dire and the fact its clearly not working he has no answer but to stick with the same failed system.

I recall reading in the Scotzine that Adams teams are capable of playing attractive attacking football. Andy Muirhead comments:-

"And we even did well in our first Premier League season, with a tremendous run to the top six after we kept the bulk of our squad and continued to play the attractive, passing style of football we had become known for. "

He then writes:

"There was a slow start as Adams experimented with a more cautious but direct style, but after he eventually reneged on that we kicked on and improved."

and finally

"It’s Adams’ return to that cautious style of football that has seen County’s fortunes fade and seen him lose his job."

Derek - If you're reading this it is quite apparent you need to experiment with attractive passing attacking approach at Home Park. I think most would accept relegation if we went out with a bang rather than a whimper. The bang might actually save us. You're clearly capable of playing a different style - what's there to lose? And why have you not learned the lesson from your previous sacking?

Apr 26, 2016
We have players who have to look twice and would rather play five foot inside pass than cross the ball, Miller could of crossed the ball five times on Saturday
nope played it inside and then it came back to him and he still would not cross it .. scared shitless of making mistakes. Carey crosses were awful on Saturday
even over hitting corners. But I do agree if we are going to lose we might as well go for it. It would also push away teams back, playing one up front at home
is ridiculous especially if your getting dicked 3/4 nil every game. Still think Adams is scared we could get thumped even worse, That's how bad we are, he knows
that but he cant say it.