(When are the) Next batch of shirts in the club shop | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

(When are the) Next batch of shirts in the club shop

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
At the end of the day there would not be a problem if Argyle's initial order was sufficient to last at least until Christmas. They were light years off what they could have sold.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
The away shirt will be delivered to the club next Friday 18th and ready for collection/despatched from Monday 21st.

PAFC

Jul 29, 2010
Good stuff.

Out of interest, is there a home shirt order coming too or are they still in stock in the shop?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Still in stock.

P

Positively Green

Personally not worried about home or away shirts for loved ones as they are already purchased. Hoping I can get a "manly" PAFC apron for one of the men in my life though!!

:lol: :lol: :scarf: :scarf:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":1or2te0j said:
I wonder what numbers above those pre-purchased that they ordered this time.
"If you have not yet bought or pre-ordered your 2016-17 away strip, then it is not too late. We will still have a few hundred to sell in store or from ArgyleSuperstore.co.uk".

Jul 29, 2010
Keepitgreen":1nqvf2nk said:
Lundan Cabbie":1nqvf2nk said:
"If you have not yet bought or pre-ordered your 2016-17 away strip, then it is not too late. We will still have a few hundred to sell in store or from ArgyleSuperstore.co.uk".
Cabbie really is persistent in trying to lay all this at the door of the club isn't he :think:

I'm not sure which part of 'unprecedented demand' he's struggling with but even so, at our level we can't just order 'unprecedented numbers' and cross your fingers in hope they sell and you don't get left with expensive surplus stock.

Maybe if we too were in a league where you get £66.2M 'prize' money for coming *LAST* then we could afford to do that. As we're not Crystal Palace and their ilk, we can't.

Consequently I'm getting a bit bored of an EPL supporter transposing EPL standards and expectations on our post administration League 2 club (this coming hot on the heels of him considering 'what's in it' for EPL clubs on the Checkatrade B Team Trophy thread...couldn't give a fat flying f**k).

It's starting to push my buttons, we're Argyle and Argyle not losing out is all that matters to me.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
X Isle":2vakx63p said:
Keepitgreen":2vakx63p said:
Lundan Cabbie":2vakx63p said:
Cabbie really is persistent in trying to lay all this at the door of the club isn't he :think:

I'm not sure which part of 'unprecedented demand' he's struggling with but even so, at our level we can't just order 'unprecedented numbers' and cross your fingers in hope they sell and you don't get left with expensive surplus stock.

Maybe if we too were in a league where you get £66.2M 'prize' money for coming *LAST* then we could afford to do that. As we're not Crystal Palace and their ilk, we can't.

Consequently I'm getting a bit bored of an EPL supporter transposing EPL standards and expectations on our post administration League 2 club (this coming hot on the heels of him considering 'what's in it' for EPL clubs on the Checkatrade B Team Trophy thread...couldn't give a fat flying f**k).

It's starting to push my buttons, we're Argyle and Argyle not losing out is all that matters to me.

Yes, you are right X'y, I should remember that League 2 clubs should not be looking to maximize profits in areas that are open to them.

Unprecedented or not, to sell out in August means to club got their orders completely wrong whether you dislikes that or not.

As for the Checkatrade Trophy, I'm a neutral as my club were never involved but people are saying that it is not a success because of reasons that don't affect the academy clubs. The top clubs who entered HAVE got out of it what they had hoped for so why would they say it hasn't been a success for them. Of course the same can't be said for the EFL clubs but the statement in the OP didn't come from them.

Melbourne Mark

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Mar 1, 2006
Melbourne
Jimmy B":1n50diy8 said:
Thanks for the heads up about ArgyleSuperstore.co.uk, I just ordered an away shirt for delivery to Texas. They shouldn't be charging VAT on exports outside the EU but never mind....

Yeah I noticed that when buying the cycling jersey which is based on the away shirt....emailed the club shop and they explained "Unfortunately all V.A.T Items have to be sold with VAT, as we are charged for this. We are therefore not able to over this service."

I'm not convinced by this but ordered it anyway. Although it's a bit annoying to be charged 20% more than I should be!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
MarkinMelbourne":24xktnop said:
Jimmy B":24xktnop said:
Thanks for the heads up about ArgyleSuperstore.co.uk, I just ordered an away shirt for delivery to Texas. They shouldn't be charging VAT on exports outside the EU but never mind....

Yeah I noticed that when buying the cycling jersey which is based on the away shirt....emailed the club shop and they explained "Unfortunately all V.A.T Items have to be sold with VAT, as we are charged for this. We are therefore not able to over this service."

I'm not convinced by this but ordered it anyway. Although it's a bit annoying to be charged 20% more than I should be!

You were right not to be convinced. "VAT must not be charged to customers outside the EU" according to the Government's GOV.UK website.

MarkinMelbourne":85ka70li said:
Jimmy B":85ka70li said:

Yep, the club are wrong on this. I can only hope the club get to keep the extra £7 or so they charged me in VAT, as it's not required for them to collect it for the government.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
My card has just had 50 quid deducted from it so I guess mine is on the way now.