wimbledon away | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

wimbledon away

Mar 31, 2004
Plymouth
I wanted tickets for myself and eldest (Both members) for Northampton away but I also wanted tickets for my two other children who are not members. I went to the ticket office at 9:40am and was told I'd have to come back at 10am for the other two u18 tickets!! What the hell is the point! Why did I bother with a frigging membership?!?

I walked away empty handed as I didn't have the time to stand in a queue!!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
PL2 3DQ":2j8ttsgk said:
Given that some fans cannot afford a season ticket it always surprises me that the club don't offer a half season ticket now until December in the same way they put a half season ticket on sale at Christmas until the end of the season.

By the end of July it must be pretty clear that not many more full season tickets will be sold so why not sell half season tickets?

I think a lot of people would hold off buying a full season ticket if they knew half season tickets were going to be available.

Saves them money on the initial outlay and some would feel more in control if on pitch objectives fell well short of expectations.

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
PicassoPigeon":d15kmw2b said:
I wanted tickets for myself and eldest (Both members) for Northampton away but I also wanted tickets for my two other children who are not members. I went to the ticket office at 9:40am and was told I'd have to come back at 10am for the other two u18 tickets!! What the hell is the point! Why did I bother with a frigging membership?!?

Why should your children that are not members get priority over other non-members? Because they know/are related to somebody who is a member?

Mar 31, 2004
Plymouth
JimC":2nopru0l said:
PicassoPigeon":2nopru0l said:

Why should your children that are not members get priority over other non-members? Because they know/are related to somebody who is a member?

Why should non-members be able to buy tickets for as many as they want?

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
Because tickets are on general sale, why would you restrict it to 1 per person? Members have their window to get their own tickets before anyone else can, then they are opened up to everyone else.

Mar 31, 2004
Plymouth
JimC":55bxr0d1 said:
Because tickets are on general sale, why would you restrict it to 1 per person? Members have their window to get their own tickets before anyone else can, then they are opened up to everyone else.

And why restrict members to only one ticket? Why not 1+1? Just seems a little over restrictive for those who have memberships.

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
Back to my original comment. Why should non-members with friends or family who are members get priority over other non-members.

I am not a member as I live over 200 miles away, I get to probably 60-70% away games. I accept that sometimes I will struggle to get a ticket because members will want them - which is fair enough, they put more money into the club than me.

I would not however accept it when I couldn't get a ticket just because a load of random extra people wanted to come along to a big game - getting priority over others just for being mates with a member.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
PicassoPigeon":3fp09ojf said:
And why restrict members to only one ticket? Why not 1+1? Just seems a little over restrictive for those who have memberships.

Say there are two tickets left: why should you get the last remaining ticket for you and your non-member relative/friend, and a member lose out?

B

BlackCountryGreen

Just 12.10p.m. bought 2 tickets for the Dons - now on general release. Was told that all seats had been sold but standing tickets remain - approx 700 sold in total. Looking forward to this one. :scarf: :thumbs:

C

cheritonfitz

Just bought six tickets - four adults, one over 65 and one junior - for this match. Was told no restriction on number of tickets which might be bought in any one transaction. Standing only. Got straight on to operative with no queue. Just as well because on line facility not currently functioning.

Jun 10, 2015
Liverpool
I've just purchased my tickets over the phone - and I asked for it to be posted out to me. However, when I check my purchase on my online account it doesn't show the postage cost / that I asked for it to be posted out to me. Is this normal? Do I need to ring up and enquire about this?

Thanks! :scarf:

Jan 3, 2013
stephennandlal":19rah3mn said:
I've just purchased my tickets over the phone - and I asked for it to be posted out to me. However, when I check my purchase on my online account it doesn't show the postage cost / that I asked for it to be posted out to me. Is this normal? Do I need to ring up and enquire about this?

guess........

Jun 10, 2015
Liverpool
Knarf Reprah":x7dv9r0b said:
stephennandlal":x7dv9r0b said:

guess........

Haha it's a little more complicated - I ordered one via the website this morning, and I chose to collect it from the box office (assuming I could pick it up from the Wimbledon ground), but when I ordered an extra ticket over the phone I was told they would only post them out, or collect from Home Park. So I wanted to check I would actually get my tickets!

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
In the past if you put collect at box office, they send uncollected tickets up on the day to be collected from the away ticket office.