You now HAVE to support Argyle to be proud of Plymouth | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

You now HAVE to support Argyle to be proud of Plymouth

Mar 23, 2013
Andy Holland":1vkw6c3f said:
I couldn't agree more with Chris on this, to be honest.

Plymothians are a funny breed, all things considered. Near total lack of local/civic pride, I've never understood it as parts of Plymouth are incredible.

I think recent years have shown that whatever level of success we have, we aren't going to get people off their sofas.

That in mind, frankly, why not have a pop at these people who desperately try to associate themselves with the success of things they've got nothing to do with.

I agree and disagree. ...Firstly I disagree with the point that even with success they will sit on their sofas, because if we get to the play off final. ..Plymouth will be empty.
Secondly I agree with the last part. ...because all those man u and Liverpool fan's from Plymouth will also be at that plymouth final. ...so if they had the grit to watch the crap we are watching at the moment. ...then more support will eventually lead to more success. ....surley. .......although I do sometimes question my sanity !!!!!

Aug 15, 2008
Argyle could engage more with all the local schools. Send a few pros a week to a few different Schools to do talks about Football and Plymouth as a whole - give away a few signed balls and those hideous selfies and capture a few fans for the future.

Yes - It is that simple. I remember when Ian Culvert came to my school to do a talk - we all thought he was a megastar....