Zak Ansah signs from Charlton | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Zak Ansah signs from Charlton

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
crownhillpilgrim":2rh0t7be said:
PL2 3DQ":2rh0t7be said:
Welcome aboard the good ship Mayflower!

A good combination of height and pace, especially pace which we've missed for a long time up front.

No-one can say that Sheridan hasn't been backed in the transfer market.

Well, the emergency loan market ;)

What a totally unnecessary and negative comment, I find some "fans" difficult to comprehend.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
crownhillpilgrim":3pxja01c said:
PL2 3DQ":3pxja01c said:

A good combination of height and pace, especially pace which we've missed for a long time up front.

Three players were signed in January outside of the emergency loan window, not to mention the permanent signings of Brunt and O'Connor during January. :wave:

Besides, all signings come with signing on fees, agents fees etc.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
PL2 3DQ":33h4pqpc said:

I don't think this youngster is going to cost much for 6 weeks or so to be fair but Sheridan has certainly been able to get plenty of bodies in this year true.
Don't know what to make of this one. We desperately need more legs up front with Reid clearly not 100 per cent fit. I have reservations however whether a lad of almost 21 who has failed to break into the Charlton team to make even a substitute appearance this season is going to tear League 2 up. He has a good pedigree for sure having come through the Arsenal youth system but fast approaching 21 I would have thought he would have made at least some impact in the professional game by now and to still not have a single league appearance under his belt worries me a little. Maybe following 2 recent hat tricks for their development squad he can take some confidence into his league baptism with us? With a heavier fixture list coming up over Easter, Reid and co. will need some respite for sure. Good luck to the lad.

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Cannot believe that no-one has commented that they hope he's the Ansah to our problems!!!

:coat: !!!

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
PL2 3DQ":3ehf0z9c said:
crownhillpilgrim":3ehf0z9c said:
PL2 3DQ":3ehf0z9c said:

Three players were signed in January outside of the emergency loan window, not to mention the permanent signings of Brunt and O'Connor during January. :wave:

Besides, all signings come with signing on fees, agents fees etc.

Of course Sheridan has been backed in the transfer market, backed with the 7th to 9th largest budget in the division. What's your point Posty? :eh:

The budget makes sense, we're supposedly knocking 2,000 off our gate to cover the debts and a c.5k attendance would leave us with roughly the 6th best gate in the division. Northampton however seemed to enjoy a relatively decent spending spree and its safe to assume that their budget is larger than their gate would suggest and that would knock us down to the 7th best budget.

So yeah, Sheridan has been allowed to sign players, the same as every other manager in the football league, but its not above and beyond our means.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
justanotherfan":25y3rjok said:
crownhillpilgrim":25y3rjok said:
PL2 3DQ":25y3rjok said:

What a totally unnecessary and negative comment, I find some "fans" difficult to comprehend.

I don't agree the comment was totally negative or unnecessary. I think the poster was perhaps referring to a huge number of loan/emergency loan signings rather than permanent signings who might have added more stability and unity to the squad over the course of the season?
I think overall Sheridan has had more than enough to spend on the playing budget this season in order to get us out of the division and will find it hard to believe that at the season's end over the course of the season that there will have been 7 or 8 clubs that have had more to spend than Sheridan has.

C

Cobi Budge.

Heard this guy's name before, probably just football manager or fifa but it's rare I know of a player before we sign them.

Dec 3, 2005
Majesticmacc":2eulsu2k said:
It cant hurt to have these guys in the team, I think it can make a big difference, do you start either Saturday?

Isn't Jones playing for Wales this weekend or friday, not sure if its 1st team or 2nd team.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Cobi Budge.":2wd3ihi5 said:
Heard this guy's name before, probably just football manager or fifa but it's rare I know of a player before we sign them.

His father was a pro-footballer before him.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
djg145":2oqs0vo6 said:
Majesticmacc":2oqs0vo6 said:
It cant hurt to have these guys in the team, I think it can make a big difference, do you start either Saturday?

Isn't Jones playing for Wales this weekend or friday, not sure if its 1st team or 2nd team.

U21's over the weekend for Wales.

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
PAFCJames86":22trhk3b said:
Happy with this, one of my best friends is a charlton season ticket holder and tells me we have a good player here. He's scored two hat tricks in the past two weeks and he tells me he is lightning fast!

That's really encouraging

P

pafcstafford

Very happy with this one. Well done js gotta critise and congratulate

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Blimey--that's a coincidence, I was working up at the University of East London yesterday and who was giving a fantastic inspirational speech to some of the Sports Therapy students? Andy Ansah--Zak's Dad. A useful footballer who played on through crippling injuries to the age of 30 and then went on to create an incredibly successful media company (Sportsonscreen.com). Good luck Zak!