Zak Ansah signs from Charlton | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Zak Ansah signs from Charlton

Aug 11, 2013
Not Sheridan's biggest fan ... nor of his use of loans in such quantities but credit where credit's due ..... I've got a good feeling about this loan ... Could be the new Adrian Littlejohn? Would he qualify to play in league 2 playoffs?

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
jerryatricjanner":1dngb0mi said:
PL2 3DQ":1dngb0mi said:
Welcome aboard the good ship Mayflower!

A good combination of height and pace, especially pace which we've missed for a long time up front.

No-one can say that Sheridan hasn't been backed in the transfer market.

I don't think this youngster is going to cost much for 6 weeks or so to be fair but Sheridan has certainly been able to get plenty of bodies in this year true.
Don't know what to make of this one. We desperately need more legs up front with Reid clearly not 100 per cent fit. I have reservations however whether a lad of almost 21 who has failed to break into the Charlton team to make even a substitute appearance this season is going to tear League 2 up. He has a good pedigree for sure having come through the Arsenal youth system but fast approaching 21 I would have thought he would have made at least some impact in the professional game by now and to still not have a single league appearance under his belt worries me a little. Maybe following 2 recent hat tricks for their development squad he can take some confidence into his league baptism with us? With a heavier fixture list coming up over Easter, Reid and co. will need some respite for sure. Good luck to the lad.

I believe he had a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament which, I know from personal experience, takes some recovering from.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
That would go some way to explaining why he has yet to see league action Old Gunner. He should be coming here brimmimg with confidence so hopefully Sheridan has pulled a rabbit out the hat, we don't half need one.

Aug 29, 2014
Yep hopefully this will inject the bit of pace and energy into us which we lack , lack of experience with both but young players often play without fear.
Hope this gamble pays off.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Oh dear people actually excited by a loan signing, this is bound to end in disaster, we only like the loan players we moaned about at first :greensmile:

Good luck Zak and welcome aboard :scarf:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I hate negativity but this signing makes me question the judgement behind Brunt being signed - for 18 months. If this lad comes in and goes above Brunt in the pecking order then there must be questions about the merits of signing Brunt. I know we are are in an improving financial position but we still should still be looking at avoidable expenditure.

Apr 15, 2008
London
memory man":1e7lcca6 said:
I hate negativity but this signing makes me question the judgement behind Brunt being signed - for 18 months. If this lad comes in and goes above Brunt in the pecking order then there must be questions about the merits of signing Brunt. I know we are are in an improving financial position but we still should still be looking at avoidable expenditure.

Yes, that baffles me too. I could have seen the wisdom if we'd signed him (Brunt) until the end of the season, but it seems we're saddled with him for the whole of the 15/16 season too.

Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
Isn't it depressing when you realise your old enough to remember our new signings dad playing :sad:
Lets hope he hits the ground running as Rueben is clearly injured and needs a break

Steve Dean

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Andy in Peverell":34byrsps said:
Isn't it depressing when you realise your old enough to remember our new signings dad playing :sad:
Not so depressing as realising you're old enough to remember his granddad playing - not that he did but you know what I mean!

G

Greenskin

memory man":2or4ecnb said:

Totally different types of player though. Any club needs four strikers on the books especially when still very much in a promotion pushing situation and also with some fitness doubts about Reid. Looks a promising enough signing, Charlton are probably paying a good slice of his wages anyway. Mr Starnes said awhile back that Argyle were on course to break even this season and I would doubt very much if the two latest signings would alter that situation. Good luck to him and lets hope his presence will ultimately improve the short and medium playing and financial situations.