Zak Ansah signs from Charlton | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Zak Ansah signs from Charlton

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Zero pro match experience, zero goals?
Seen this before.

There are calculated risks and blind hope, and this is undoubtedly the latter. But fear not - it's just an experimental stage of the season.

If that's 'backing in the transfer market', lord help us once holding back starts.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
memory man":21ciigpw said:
I hate negativity but this signing makes me question the judgement behind Brunt being signed - for 18 months. If this lad comes in and goes above Brunt in the pecking order then there must be questions about the merits of signing Brunt. I know we are are in an improving financial position but we still should still be looking at avoidable expenditure.
Good point. If Brunt was not going to improve what we had why sign him and now leave us needing yet another loanee?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
pedro91":1z6ecmhs said:
Another player who plays with Ansah has signed for Torquay
We might have missed out there Pedro. I believe he scored 4 against Folkestone RBL last week in the East Kent Sunday League.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
crownhillpilgrim":2rlpzmtg said:
memory man":2rlpzmtg said:
I hate negativity but this signing makes me question the judgement behind Brunt being signed - for 18 months. If this lad comes in and goes above Brunt in the pecking order then there must be questions about the merits of signing Brunt. I know we are are in an improving financial position but we still should still be looking at avoidable expenditure.

Yes, that baffles me too. I could have seen the wisdom if we'd signed him (Brunt) until the end of the season, but it seems we're saddled with him for the whole of the 15/16 season too.
I don't believe there is anything to be baffled about. If we were able to sign permanently players of the quality of our loans then I would agree but it's not possible to have a total squad of half a dozen permanent players and then fill up the rest with loans. There are always going to be permanent players who, for one reason or another, are down the pecking order.

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
Gary_Wills":36j7f41g said:
Zero pro match experience, zero goals?
Seen this before.

There are calculated risks and blind hope, and this is undoubtedly the latter. But fear not - it's just an experimental stage of the season.

If that's 'backing in the transfer market', lord help us once holding back starts.

And we moan that players won't come down here... I wonder why! Give him a chance, you haven't even seen him play yet.

Jan 13, 2015
jerryatricjanner":10njxex2 said:
memory man":10njxex2 said:
Good point. If Brunt was not going to improve what we had why sign him and now leave us needing yet another loanee?
I hope this lad turns out to be the real deal but I would rather take experience over youth at this stage of the season,loanees have helped this club reach the dizzy heights of this league but still think the amount Sheridans brought in are a concern.
It's the permanent signings that worry me as why are they not holding down regular places? :thumbdown:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
pedro91":1u39ok2y said:
jerryatricjanner":1u39ok2y said:
pedro91":1u39ok2y said:
Another player who plays with Ansah has signed for Torquay
We might have missed out there Pedro. I believe he scored 4 against Folkestone RBL last week in the East Kent Sunday League.
Bit of sarcasm there methinks
Only a little bit Pedro. :greensmile:

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Pilgrim young":2ojpg14y said:
jerryatricjanner":2ojpg14y said:
memory man":2ojpg14y said:
I hope this lad turns out to be the real deal but I would rather take experience over youth at this stage of the season,loanees have helped this club reach the dizzy heights of this league but still think the amount Sheridans brought in are a concern.
It's the permanent signings that worry me as why are they not holding down regular places? :thumbdown:
You mean experience like Enoch?

Jan 13, 2015
Steve.PAFC2012":2py4peaj said:
Pilgrim young":2py4peaj said:
jerryatricjanner":2py4peaj said:
memory man":2py4peaj said:
What's your point Steve?
I said I would be happy signing experience,Talbot springs to mind?
My point was about what he does when he signs them permanently?
We all know about his bad loan signings, :thumbs:

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Pilgrim young":3n9d3u2r said:
Steve.PAFC2012":3n9d3u2r said:
Pilgrim young":3n9d3u2r said:
jerryatricjanner":3n9d3u2r said:
memory man":3n9d3u2r said:
What's your point Steve?
I said I would be happy signing experience,Talbot springs to mind?
My point was about what he does when he signs them permanently?
We all know about his bad loan signings, :thumbs:
Misunderstood your point.

Apologies.