Zak Ansah signs from Charlton | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Zak Ansah signs from Charlton

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Its a roll of the Dice for sure. Will the young lad turn it on for 6 weeks, who knows ?

We certainly need some pace up front and Reuben looks like he needs a rest to get over the injury but its going to be no good just hoofing it up to the young lad.
We have to move the ball quicker and be more offensive putting the ball down the channels a lot quicker for him to run onto to make use of the pace.
Is JS capable of changing tactics ??? I think we all know the answer to that one already :roll:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
crownhillpilgrim":sedg0fds said:
memory man":sedg0fds said:
I hate negativity but this signing makes me question the judgement behind Brunt being signed - for 18 months. If this lad comes in and goes above Brunt in the pecking order then there must be questions about the merits of signing Brunt. I know we are are in an improving financial position but we still should still be looking at avoidable expenditure.

Yes, that baffles me too. I could have seen the wisdom if we'd signed him (Brunt) until the end of the season, but it seems we're saddled with him for the whole of the 15/16 season too.

Different strikers I would say. Brunt is a tall targetman lacking in pace, Ansah, by all accounts, is a pacy striker playing on the shoulder of the last defender. We shall see.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
dazzy3000":3ryblomq said:
Gary_Wills":3ryblomq said:
Zero pro match experience, zero goals?
Seen this before.

There are calculated risks and blind hope, and this is undoubtedly the latter. But fear not - it's just an experimental stage of the season.

If that's 'backing in the transfer market', lord help us once holding back starts.

And we moan that players won't come down here... I wonder why! Give him a chance, you haven't even seen him play yet.

I've criticised the lad by pointing out his career stats have I? "Don't mention any facts, the squad don't like it". Right.

What I'm criticising is the fact that our play off bid is fast sinking down the swannie for a lack of goals, and we've recruited someone with zero experience to come help sort it out. Does it sound likely to come off? Seems highly unlikely. Which of the other zero match experience overnight recruits have worked, afterall?

(Remember we're not talking debutants who've been at the club, moulded to a style of play and coached and readied for the right point of introduction. That's a slow burner project, a more likely prospect. Which we've not the luxury of to my knowledge.)

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":2q6g3cuj said:
crownhillpilgrim":2q6g3cuj said:
memory man":2q6g3cuj said:
I hate negativity but this signing makes me question the judgement behind Brunt being signed - for 18 months. If this lad comes in and goes above Brunt in the pecking order then there must be questions about the merits of signing Brunt. I know we are are in an improving financial position but we still should still be looking at avoidable expenditure.

Yes, that baffles me too. I could have seen the wisdom if we'd signed him (Brunt) until the end of the season, but it seems we're saddled with him for the whole of the 15/16 season too.

Different strikers I would say. Brunt is a tall targetman lacking in pace, Ansah, by all accounts, is a pacy striker playing on the shoulder of the last defender. We shall see.

A target man who rarely wins the ball! That's helpful. This is last chance saloon for Sheridan who is accepting that the squad HE has built is not good enough. And what, if by some miracle, we sneak promotion? Without these loanees the squad will be pretty threadbare next season.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Balham_Green":240mn9ny said:
PL2 3DQ":240mn9ny said:
crownhillpilgrim":240mn9ny said:
memory man":240mn9ny said:

A target man who rarely wins the ball! That's helpful. This is last chance saloon for Sheridan who is accepting that the squad HE has built is not good enough. And what, if by some miracle, we sneak promotion? Without these loanees the squad will be pretty threadbare next season.
I often hear managers saying that there is no point in bringing a player in that is not going to improve the squad. I think their term is "they have to be better than what we have." I hope Ansah does that but has Brunt strengthened anything other than the numbers on the books? Kellett and O'Connor certainly improved the strength of the squad but is Lee better than the existing midfielders? I remember the old Villa chairman Doug Ellis telling a reporter, "No matter how many times I sanction a transfer, the manager always wants just one more player." James Brent must be thinking the same.

Sep 9, 2008
truro
MannameadGreen":24iumon6 said:
Position-wise it's what we needed.

On Saturday, I'd play him over Reid because Reid is unfit, or play him over Alessandra because he's off-form.
Form is temporary class is permanent mannamead! Alexandra has been one of our best players this season!

Sep 6, 2006
memory man":1monaqz6 said:
Balham_Green":1monaqz6 said:
PL2 3DQ":1monaqz6 said:
crownhillpilgrim":1monaqz6 said:
memory man":1monaqz6 said:

I often hear managers saying that there is no point in bringing a player in that is not going to improve the squad. I think their term is "they have to be better than what we have." I hope Ansah does that but has Brunt strengthened anything other than the numbers on the books? Kellett and O'Connor certainly improved the strength of the squad but is Lee better than the existing midfielders? I remember the old Villa chairman Doug Ellis telling a reporter, "No matter how many times I sanction a transfer, the manager always wants just one more player." James Brent must be thinking the same.

I think Sheridan could sign the Barcelona team and he wouldn't be able to get them to play.

Sep 6, 2006
lime green":1eyun83k said:
MannameadGreen":1eyun83k said:

On Saturday, I'd play him over Reid because Reid is unfit, or play him over Alessandra because he's off-form.
Form is temporary class is permanent mannamead! Alexandra has been one of our best players this season!

Looks to me as if his mind is already on the beach. Wont be here next year anyway.

Jun 11, 2012
lime green":vydln8al said:
MannameadGreen":vydln8al said:

Form is temporary class is permanent mannamead! Alexandra* has been one of our best players this season!
Alexander*

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
HarlHM":2bfydyr2 said:
lime green":2bfydyr2 said:
MannameadGreen":2bfydyr2 said:

Form is temporary class is permanent mannamead! Alexandra* has been one of our best players this season!
Alexander*

I think he is Great!! :coat:

B

Baby Face Johnson

Topboy":3sra9hdg said:
Cannot believe that no-one has commented that they hope he's the Ansah to our problems!!!

:coat: !!!

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo -_-

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Welcome and good luck fella, let's hope you can make the type of impact Lavery did when he came here relatively unknown and left with a good reputation.

lime green":3vu6hshc said:
MannameadGreen":3vu6hshc said:

I disagree - I think Alessandra is a little overrated. Pretty good but not a top player for this division: he's too inconsistent. I actually think he was better last season (apart from when he was played out-of-position), and I'd take Reid over him for sure.

In terms of player of the season, I'd choose McCormick, Nelson, McHugh, Hartley, O'Connor, Reuben or Bobby over him. A few others haven't played enough but when they have I've been impressed, eg. Talbot.