Carey's sublime piece of skill. Thanks to Chris Webb. | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Carey's sublime piece of skill. Thanks to Chris Webb.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
I can't believe people's first reaction to this is to worry! Enjoy it for heaven's sake. We seldom see players who can do that in a green shirt.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
I can recall Bojan pulling it off three times.
I think his talent was never fulfilled.

I remember when he scored 3 in 3. It seemed like his career was about to kick start then I think he got injured.

Believe he had attitude and commitment problems?

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Green_Matt":ncy4zq26 said:
I can't believe people's first reaction to this is to worry! Enjoy it for heaven's sake. We seldom see players who can do that in a green shirt.
Exactly...... In fact - I've never seen anyone, in any coloured shirt, anywhere, do anything quite like that. - A privilege to see.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Carey’s bit of skill made the soccer am showboating clip.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
L G":3odzxmhz said:
It would appear the clip shown on soccer AM came from a fans phone footage.
Well I guess that's a letter from the club to them on Monday morning then.

But Sky DO have a licence to show EFL footage. :doh:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Biggs":2iqraqa6 said:
I didn’t say it was difficult, I was basically trying to say exactly what you’ve articulated there. That after the skill it’s not a straightforward pass, because a lot of players either keep going and taking the whole team on or are buzzing so much after the hard skill that they then don’t do the ‘easy’ bit.

And it wasn’t even that easy because lots of players would have gone for the cross or not seen the teammate pull back into space. Especially when they’ve just pulled off that move a split second before.
If you watch the original Cruyff turn you will see that the cross that follows it goes straight through the intended recipient. And even that Mexican guy (Blanco was it?)who jumped with the ball between his feet gets. His next touch is shocking and it just happens to bounce back to him from the leg of a bemused defender.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Carlo":x0fno7a4 said:
The skill was unbelievable, :clap: :clap:
Shame Chris Webb stole the video from someone else and is willing to claim all the credit for it :facepalm: :funny:
Old prejudices die hard?

Aug 5, 2016
Memory man, the footage at the start of this thread was edited from Matt Wright 's video. Chris Webb's name is all over that version crediting him every time it is retweeted. Matt Wright has tweeted that he is annoyed the edited version has been shown on Soccer AM, not his original. So to all intents and purposes it WAS stolen. Why change it, crop it, lengthen it/shorten it and then put it through your own twitter account with no reference to Matt? That is the process of nicking something and claiming the credit.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Knibbsworth":34ddssnu said:
Memory man, the footage at the start of this thread was edited from Matt Wright 's video. Chris Webb's name is all over that version crediting him every time it is retweeted. Matt Wright has tweeted that he is annoyed the edited version has been shown on Soccer AM, not his original. So to all intents and purposes it WAS stolen. Why change it, crop it, lengthen it/shorten it and then put it through your own twitter account with no reference to Matt? That is the process of nicking something and claiming the credit.
Thank you for that. I will return to my non-Twitter world and stay quiet. I tend to rely on the action segment on the good old-fashioned GoS matchday page where they credit Argyle media You Tube.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
L G":b3gnqk74 said:
Lundan Cabbie":b3gnqk74 said:
L G":b3gnqk74 said:
It would appear the clip shown on soccer AM came from a fans phone footage.
Well I guess that's a letter from the club to them on Monday morning then.

But Sky DO have a licence to show EFL footage. :doh:
Doh?

Why would it have anything to do with Argyle? It's not as if the club hold the rights to the footage.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
L G":2fqtbrr0 said:
Why would argyle threaten football fans who share phone footage?

Did they threaten?

Your quote earlier in the thread..... "We’ve been asked to inform you that ********** should not be assisting with the publication of match action at Home Park, as it’s an infringement of copyright."

That is hardly the club making a threat to whoever posted the video without licence to do so. It was just a friendly reminder of the legal position.