Could Argyle v Exeter be live on Sky? Confirmed Mon 23 | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Could Argyle v Exeter be live on Sky? Confirmed Mon 23

Are you happy with a Monday night game?

• Yes

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 35.9%
  • I don't mind

Votes: 23 29.5%

• Total voters
Feb 23, 2008
IJN":2fslsrhm said:
As I’m (now :furious: ) away for the game, I can’t watch Sky Sports on my phone though can I?

Yes you can, you can get sky sports mobile TV through an app, £5.99 a month for one package, £10 for the both.

C

Cult Of Personality

Very disappointing the game has been moved but this is modern football.. would love the crowd to chant anti sky TV chant's as a protest

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
cheshiregreen":1aq3fya4 said:
Lobster":1aq3fya4 said:
The problem, as Sam Barker says, is that iFollow aren't allowed to broadcast televised games. So foreign or UK card, you won't be able to watch it. This also means all of us exiles that watch regularly on iFollow won't be able to watch the game without access to a Sky subscription of some sort.

Thanks Lobster and Sam B. That was what I feared. Now TV for us non Sky subscribers is £9.99 for a day pass.

Would rather give my money to Argyle, but, not going to be able to it seems.

£30k seems scant consolation for club finances, presume it's better rate if we get to League 1 and us beggars in League two can't be chooses.

I suppose it depends how much extra the club make from pitchside advertising which comes at a premium for live Sky matches.

Aug 29, 2015
IJN":1qw22z8x said:
As I’m (now :furious: ) away for the game, I can’t watch Sky Sports on my phone though can I?

If you subscribe to the Sky Sports package, you can watch the match at no extra cost by getting the 'Sky Go' App.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Taking a slightly different angle... can we PLEASE tidy up the corners in time for this match??

Oct 12, 2015
How about Sky setting up a compensation fund for fans who've made travel arrangements that can't be refunded ?

Yeah...still early. I must be dreaming, still...

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
HertsPilgrim":3t9ybp14 said:
How about Sky setting up a compensation fund for fans who've made travel arrangements that can't be refunded ?

I play this game where you go online and search out cheap train tickets and have to decide whether to take a non refundable ticket or wait until date and times have been confirmed and risk that the bargain offer is still available. I have been caught out three times this season. Sometimes the best recovery option is to travel on the original ticket, find a cheap hotel and buy a single ticket to get home. Obviously, being self employed makes that easier for me than most.

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
There's an Exeter fan who was sailing from France & can't make it now. Ferry tickets now redundant. Rivalries aside, this decision so late in the day is a joke. I know it's within Sky's 5 week notice rule but loads of supporters on either side are going to be out of pocket.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
German Shepherd":35x0zt9e said:
There's an Exeter fan who was sailing from France & can't make it now. Ferry tickets now redundant. Rivalries aside, this decision so late in the day is a joke. I know it's within Sky's 5 week notice rule but loads of supporters on either side are going to be out of pocket.

It hasn’t come as a surprise. There has been speculation on PASOTI for weeks now that this game could be selected for TV.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I may decide not to go to the game (I haven't been to an evening game since my operation(s)).
So, I have Sky TV but not Sports. I do not have Now TV.
What are my options?
(Total dinosaur techie so keep it at 'Ug, go ug' level please! :oops: :think: )

Oct 12, 2015
Lundan Cabbie":49lpdfh1 said:
HertsPilgrim":49lpdfh1 said:

I play this game where you go online and search out cheap train tickets and have to decide whether to take a non refundable ticket or wait until date and times have been confirmed and risk that the bargain offer is still available. I have been caught out three times this season. Sometimes the best recovery option is to travel on the original ticket, find a cheap hotel and buy a single ticket to get home. Obviously, being self employed makes that easier for me than most.

Yep..been there many a time...I put the date in my diary for the obligatory 12 week cheap ticket release date, jumped on and booked. Could be worse, I suppose. I have places to stay, so not losing hotel money...and I'm not that Exeter fan...
I was just really looking forward to the weekend.

I'll let it go, now.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Pogleswoody":1a4kpq48 said:
I may decide not to go to the game (I haven't been to an evening game since my operation(s)).
What are my options?
(Total dinosaur techie so keep it at 'Ug, go ug' level please! :oops: :think: )

It might be worth ringing Sky subscriptions and see if there is any way you have a very short term sub, a bit like box office. You never know, they MIGHT be sympathetic, especially as you are an existing customer. They seem to have a lot of flexibility when it comes to reducing subscription costs when one threatens to leave :whistle:
Good luck!
WAAAW

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Devongreenowl":3adtdrcg said:
Pogleswoody":3adtdrcg said:
What are my options?
(Total dinosaur techie so keep it at 'Ug, go ug' level please! :oops: )

It might be worth ringing Sky subscriptions and see if there is any way you have a very short term sub, a bit like box office. You never know, they MIGHT be sympathetic, especially as you are an existing customer. They seem to have a lot of flexibility when it comes to reducing subscription costs when one threatens to leave :whistle:
Good luck!
WAAAW

Thanks Owly, think I'll have to gird up my loins and go to the game!

(We Are All Absolute Winkers! :scarf: )