25% capacity at Home Park by October? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

25% capacity at Home Park by October?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Kersie":x0hjop9i said:
Might be better only having 4550 fans there... at least there will be no queues for getting out....fingers crossed.

Maybe the club could allot each ticket an arrival and departure time :greensmile:

Dec 20, 2011
perhaps Season Ticket Holders only!

This may boost the total number being sold bringing in more income.

If there were more than 4550 season tickets sold, there would have to be a lottery to select the lucky ones. However, there would be some very disappointed fans.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
falmouthgreen":3esskefh said:
perhaps Season Ticket Holders only!

This may boost the total number being sold bringing in more income.

If there were more than 4550 season tickets sold, there would have to be a lottery to select the lucky ones. However, there would be some very disappointed fans.

That’s why I asked earlier if anybody knows how many season ticket holders we currently have. Anybody know?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
In all guises I think it's about 6,500 season ticket holders.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Thanks PL2. So it would be interesting if the 25% thing came to fruition and the club said season ticket holders would get preference. Would they automatically exclude over 70's, would people with underlying health issues generally opt out, would some families decide their kids couldn’t come, etc.
Interesting conundrum if it were to happen. I suppose out of that figure, possibly 10-15% might opt out. Maybe more.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
If the 25% capacity rule was implemented I would guess fans wouldn't be able to sit in their usual seat and instead be spread throughout Home Park.
Fans living in the same household would be able to sit together which would help with the capacity. This would be controlled by the club through online ticket sales.

I know in work places and shops where the 2 metre distancing rule is impossible to adhere to face masks are used so perhaps Home Park can be used at full capacity if all fans wear face masks, although there will be some fans who will remove their mask as soon as they sit down which will mean more stewards are needed.

C

Cult Of Personality

Only an idea. But maybe the club can look at fans who have had there season tickets the longest and offer them first choice. It would give back to loyal fans who have stuck with the club through thick and thin

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Maybe season ticket holders only and they would not have designated seats but would have to pre-book. To enforce some form of distancing a lot of seats would be "blocked-out" leaving a sort of chequerboard effect. Not at all ideal but better some fans get in than none.

Jul 14, 2008
Cult Of Personality":3n1u4xx6 said:
Only an idea. But maybe the club can look at fans who have had there season tickets the longest and offer them first choice. It would give back to loyal fans who have stuck with the club through thick and thin

That would mean that the entire crowd would likely be over 50. Seems a bit unfair and discriminatory.

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":1cvrcthh said:
If the 25% capacity rule was implemented I would guess fans wouldn't be able to sit in their usual seat and instead be spread throughout Home Park.
Fans living in the same household would be able to sit together which would help with the capacity. This would be controlled by the club through online ticket sales.

I know in work places and shops where the 2 metre distancing rule is impossible to adhere to face masks are used so perhaps Home Park can be used at full capacity if all fans wear face masks, although there will be some fans who will remove their mask as soon as they sit down which will mean more stewards are needed.

Fanciful to suggest masks would facilitate a capacity crowd. But I think they could be compulsory for movement within the ground and help achieve the 25%. Once sat down they wouldnt be essential and difficult to enforce.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
If they said people who have had a season ticket for at least the last two seasons, that would be fair. I wouldn’t have thought that would be many more than the 25% figure, once people opted out of going.
Not going to happen though imo. I reckon if they went for a quota, by October it would be 50% at least.

Jun 27, 2019
If facemasks are made compulsory inside grounds then the refreshment stalls couldn't be open. Bit difficult to eat or drink with a mask covering your mouth.

I'd hate to be the one working out the details of this...