25% capacity at Home Park by October? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

25% capacity at Home Park by October?

Mike Greening

ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Aug 2, 2008
Maybe season ticket holders only at first, wonder what the percentage of that idea would be. 33% maybe

Oct 31, 2015
Everywhere has to think differently now and in the future if we are to go about life and get this country moving again.

Either sit at home, stay furloughed and bankrupt the country or worse lose your jobs OR go with social distancing in whatever guise it takes.

I will put my hand up to be one of the
25% please. Where do I sign up? Happy to buy my ST now

Nice to see people thinking outside the box :clap:

Mar 29, 2020
Yeah me as well I would pay for my season ticket now....come on Argyle your missing a chance of getting income in to the club.. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Quite a lot of world renowned scientists in the intelligent media, including former WHO experts, saying the UK has over reacted with their lockdown.

If we carry on with this ā€˜canā€™t do anything until there is a vaccine' attitude, this country will be in a worse state financially AND health-wise than since the early 1940's or before. We are already being forecast as returning to our 1970's status as the sick man of Europe, so the optimists need to lead the way now, instead of listening to doom mongers who think the country can stay in perpetual lockdown.

Wait and see in a year or so's time when the stats are released for deaths from other causes such as cancer, strokes, heart disease, suicide etc when the great financial depression hits if we donā€™t collectively get a grip, as someone posted above.

When are the season tickets going on sale. I want one! :scarf:

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
A marketing opportunity if 25% crowds become a reality: sell club-branded mini megaphones. (Oxymoronic, but such things exist.)

C

Cult Of Personality

Herts_Green":zcud7jem said:
Cult Of Personality":zcud7jem said:
Only an idea. But maybe the club can look at fans who have had there season tickets the longest and offer them first choice. It would give back to loyal fans who have stuck with the club through thick and thin

That would mean that the entire crowd would likely be over 50. Seems a bit unfair and discriminatory.

Did say it was only an idea . I am under 40 and had my season ticket for over 20 years so would not be all over 50. For me it would be fair to the fans that have stuck with the club through the years . There is no prefect solution tho .

Mar 29, 2020
Hurry up Argyle Iā€™ve got my Season Ticket money ready....if not I will have too buy food for our kids.....and you know Argyle is my priority..

Sep 6, 2006
Balham_Green":34dn98xh said:
David_Fisher":34dn98xh said:
David_Fisher":34dn98xh said:
PL2 3DQ":34dn98xh said:
If the 25% capacity rule was implemented I would guess fans wouldn't be able to sit in their usual seat and instead be spread throughout Home Park.
Fans living in the same household would be able to sit together which would help with the capacity. This would be controlled by the club through online ticket sales.

I know in work places and shops where the 2 metre distancing rule is impossible to adhere to face masks are used so perhaps Home Park can be used at full capacity if all fans wear face masks, although there will be some fans who will remove their mask as soon as they sit down which will mean more stewards are needed.

Fanciful to suggest masks would facilitate a capacity crowd. But I think they could be compulsory for movement within the ground and help achieve the 25%. Once sat down they wouldnt be essential and difficult to enforce.

So on the way to the match - bus, train etc - masks compulsory - but once you're sat in your seat the danger of passing on or catching the virus magically disappears.

Have you passed on this development to the morons in Westminster?

Its not difficult to work out mate. Once you are sat in your seat you will be socially distancing as per much reduced capacity. I should think even the morons at Westminster get that even if you dont.

It's this sort of thinking that's got us further into this mess than just about every other country in the world.

I'll renew my season ticket when they go on sale but I don't think I'll be visiting Home Park until the vaccine is developed & available.

So what is wrong with 'this sort of thinking'. Do explain. A vaccine may never be available.

Dont you just love it when people dont come back to justify their original post. Possibly because they cant....

Mar 14, 2009
Last week people said we will be back in stadiums by October/November.

I think this is bringing home the fact there is no quick fix solution to us attending games.

The fear l have isnā€™t going back to football. Itā€™s not having a club to go back to.

Unfortunately, l fear there is only one real solution for the lower leagues until crowds can come back to watch. Simply, the players will probably need to take a significant pay cut. The PFA wonā€™t like it. Iā€™m sure the players wonā€™t either. Yet for the health of the game, for a number of football clubs to survive and for a number of players to be able to keep earning a lower league profession in years to come l canā€™t see any other viable solution.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Metal_Green_Mickey":hy8xxcm9 said:

I think this is bringing home the fact there is no quick fix solution to us attending games.

The fear l have isnā€™t going back to football. Itā€™s not having a club to go back to.

Unfortunately, l fear there is only one real solution for the lower leagues until crowds can come back to watch. Simply, the players will probably need to take a significant pay cut. The PFA wonā€™t like it. Iā€™m sure the players wonā€™t either. Yet for the health of the game, for a number of football clubs to survive and for a number of players to be able to keep earning a lower league profession in years to come l canā€™t see any other viable solution.

Respect your concerns MGM, but nothing I have heard this week from scientists rather than fear-provoking media etc, has convinced me to change my view that we will be watching outdoor sport of all kinds by the Autumn. As for players taking a significant pay cut - there are players in L2 who would surely be better of working elsewhere if they had to take a 'significant' pay cut. Many of these guys arenā€™t earning large sums and driving Porsches.

Mar 14, 2009
Devongreenowl":2tn980ft said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2tn980ft said:

Respect your concerns MGM, but nothing I have heard this week from scientists rather than fear-provoking media etc, has convinced me to change my view that we will be watching outdoor sport of all kinds by the Autumn. As for players taking a significant pay cut - there are players in L2 who would surely be better of working elsewhere if they had to take a 'significant' pay cut. Many of these guys arenā€™t earning large sums and driving Porsches.

Well l am obviously seeing something different then because people actually involved in the game like Huddersfield Owner (article below) or Burtons chairman or Accringtonā€™s chairman (from last weekā€™s reports) are very concerned about the future state of our game

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52790371

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I agree. Iā€™ve read the same article. Their concerns though, are surely based on playing in empty grounds for the foreseeable. I prefer to think that once things start to improve (which they already are doing) we will see fairly brisk incremental changes. Obviously I could be totally wrong.

But for now, I prefer to 'always look on the bright side of life'.
:cool: :scarf:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Fans are slowly realising their football club just might disappear if crowds don't return within the next six months.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Devongreenowl":24g05evk said:
I agree. Iā€™ve read the same article. Their concerns though, are surely based on playing in empty grounds for the foreseeable. I prefer to think that once things start to improve (which they already are doing) we will see fairly brisk incremental changes. Obviously I could be totally wrong.

Ps - I do realise that there are some clubs like Burton, Oldham etc who are already on the brink and I know for a fact that the latter already were before Covid was even heard of.

May 8, 2011
Devongreenowl":36184kah said:

When we see crowds back in German grounds then we will know that a few months afterwards we will follow their example using whatever systems and procedures they use.
I havenā€™t read anywhere when the German authorities expect fans allowed into grounds.