25% capacity at Home Park by October? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

25% capacity at Home Park by October?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Kersie":3705zjcw said:
4000 home fans and 550 away fans at Home Park next season.....looking forward to it

It would be more like 200 away fans if you had social distancing ...

Mar 29, 2020
Social distancing might be less than 2 meters in October it’s less in some countries now.

Dec 26, 2010
I hate to spoil anybody's catastrophising, but have people looked at the statistics on CV 19 outcomes - of which there are plenty publicly available?

The chances of catching it are very small and, unless you are in a very vulnerable group, the chances of dying from it are tiny. I suspect that the chances of dying in a road accident on the way to a match are vastly greater than the risk of dying from CV as a result of catching it as a result of being there - even in a big crowd.

The fact is that many people die in this country every year (around 600,000). It's what mortals do.

Yes, lots of people have died, but in percentage terms, the numbers are tiny. I do feel that as a nation we need to get a grip. Sad to say, as a British patriot, but other countries seem to have got this into a much better perspective than us.

Mar 29, 2020
Well put Eddie couldn’t agree with you more...I think a lot of people are suffering with corona phobia.

Jan 6, 2004
I think much depends on whether the dreaded second wave comes in autumn. If not we should be back to normal by Christmas I reckon

May 12, 2020
Whilst social distancing remains in force there will be no supporters in the ground. People really need to start accepting this rather than giving false hope here.
As its "expected" to be in force for at least the next 12 months that means obviously no fans for next season. Football is simply not important as opposed to deaths

Now how Hallett deals with the finance in that scenario is a separate discussion

Jul 12, 2016
Eddie":12gaojmd said:
I hate to spoil anybody's catastrophising, but have people looked at the statistics on CV 19 outcomes - of which there are plenty publicly available?

The chances of catching it are very small and, unless you are in a very vulnerable group, the chances of dying from it are tiny. I suspect that the chances of dying in a road accident on the way to a match are vastly greater than the risk of dying from CV as a result of catching it as a result of being there - even in a big crowd.

The fact is that many people die in this country every year (around 600,000). It's what mortals do.

Yes, lots of people have died, but in percentage terms, the numbers are tiny. I do feel that as a nation we need to get a grip. Sad to say, as a British patriot, but other countries seem to have got this into a much better perspective than us.

You cannot trivialise the effects of this deadly virus.
NOBODY has experienced these effects before so we are entering unchartered territory. Everything we do contains an element of risk but this is also a risk to other people so the stakes are higher.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Balham_Green":3jl9igic said:
PL2 3DQ":3jl9igic said:
If the 25% capacity rule was implemented I would guess fans wouldn't be able to sit in their usual seat and instead be spread throughout Home Park.
Fans living in the same household would be able to sit together which would help with the capacity. This would be controlled by the club through online ticket sales.

I know in work places and shops where the 2 metre distancing rule is impossible to adhere to face masks are used so perhaps Home Park can be used at full capacity if all fans wear face masks, although there will be some fans who will remove their mask as soon as they sit down which will mean more stewards are needed.

Fanciful to suggest masks would facilitate a capacity crowd. But I think they could be compulsory for movement within the ground and help achieve the 25%. Once sat down they wouldnt be essential and difficult to enforce.

So on the way to the match - bus, train etc - masks compulsory - but once you're sat in your seat the danger of passing on or catching the virus magically disappears.

Have you passed on this development to the morons in Westminster?

Apr 30, 2011
If pay per view was permitted for every Saturday game, that could boost income and advertising. There will be people who couldn't attend games before Covid 19 that may take a PPV season ticket, so there are potential avenues of fresh income for the club.

Sep 6, 2006
David_Fisher":14xy39tx said:
Balham_Green":14xy39tx said:
PL2 3DQ":14xy39tx said:
If the 25% capacity rule was implemented I would guess fans wouldn't be able to sit in their usual seat and instead be spread throughout Home Park.
Fans living in the same household would be able to sit together which would help with the capacity. This would be controlled by the club through online ticket sales.

I know in work places and shops where the 2 metre distancing rule is impossible to adhere to face masks are used so perhaps Home Park can be used at full capacity if all fans wear face masks, although there will be some fans who will remove their mask as soon as they sit down which will mean more stewards are needed.

Fanciful to suggest masks would facilitate a capacity crowd. But I think they could be compulsory for movement within the ground and help achieve the 25%. Once sat down they wouldnt be essential and difficult to enforce.

So on the way to the match - bus, train etc - masks compulsory - but once you're sat in your seat the danger of passing on or catching the virus magically disappears.

Its not difficult to work out mate. Once you are sat in your seat you will be socially distancing as per much reduced capacity. I should think even the morons at Westminster get that even if you dont.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Balham_Green":2lkjgduv said:
David_Fisher":2lkjgduv said:
Balham_Green":2lkjgduv said:
PL2 3DQ":2lkjgduv said:

Its not difficult to work out mate. Once you are sat in your seat you will be socially distancing as per much reduced capacity. I should think even the morons at Westminster get that even if you dont.

It's this sort of thinking that's got us further into this mess than just about every other country in the world.

I'll renew my season ticket when they go on sale but I don't think I'll be visiting Home Park until the vaccine is developed & available.

Sep 6, 2006
David_Fisher":2jp4hh86 said:
Balham_Green":2jp4hh86 said:
David_Fisher":2jp4hh86 said:
Balham_Green":2jp4hh86 said:
PL2 3DQ":2jp4hh86 said:

It's this sort of thinking that's got us further into this mess than just about every other country in the world.

I'll renew my season ticket when they go on sale but I don't think I'll be visiting Home Park until the vaccine is developed & available.

So what is wrong with 'this sort of thinking'. Do explain. A vaccine may never be available.