Adams out | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams out

Jul 24, 2009
The thing is there is clearly a manager in there, and yet he seems to go into these prolonged periods of losing the plot, like the final months of his first season, the first months of last season and now this. Long periods where its like a different guy is in charge.

7 points from 13 and a performance like that would get more managers sacked than not.

Jun 8, 2014
Misco":2l2h006m said:
I actually wonder if we are in a Clough/Taylor situation.

Should Brewster take a lot more credit for the signings, and attacking performances? Since he left, it's been a s&!t show.

That is not true. Brewster hasn't been at the club for a long time, most notably our amazing run in the second half of last season came without him.

Feb 2, 2007
Misco":3szibs4q said:

Should Brewster take a lot more credit for the signings, and attacking performances? Since he left, it's been a s&!t show.

Said this in the week and got roundly rogered. But yes, I think this too, especially on the recruitment discussion.

Sometimes we get a run of bad luck, players adjusting to new tactics etc but since pre season and even the end of last season we looked clueless, rudderless, unable to change shape or system and negative.

Those are cultural problems, before you even look at the ability or not of the players. Players like ASB, Moore, P Grant should be good enough for L1, Macey, Wootton as well but they don't look at all integrated into the ethos of Adams or the team. The Wycombe game, apart from the Jokevil Massacre, was the most worrying sign for me as we looked so disjointed as the game went on and then couldn't respond when it was obvious what Wycombe were trying to do. Lucky to get a draw.

Nothing since, apart from catching Barnsley on an off night, has changed my opinion.

Derek- thanks for your hard work and service, but now it's time to go- you've run out of ideas.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
I'm still an Adams fan, and I still think I'd give him until the end of November.

However, I have to admit his pre-season business this summer is hard to comprehend, and I'm very tired of this club bringing in rejects from some very mediocre other clubs.

It's a hard time to follow this club right now, but let's not forget we've seen a lot worse in the not so distant past.

Mar 14, 2009
Adams isn’t going anywhere. You can shout from the rooftops but with a chairman elect in the US and a CEO with a terrible track record, then Adams with his 5 year contract is untouchable.

We made a huge mistake giving him a 5 year deal based on three or four months of better football. Now, our hierarchy haven’t even given him the dreaded vote of confidence.

You will get out in the press in the next few weeks via the club website and social media how they are fully behind and backing Adams. It’s only a keyboard away from being written as we speak.

It took Brent until after Xmas to sack Fletcher with his track record. By then it was almost too late.

Repeated actions of the past tell you just how this board react. Unless Hallett is a ruthless type of person then lm afraid Adams is here at least till the end of the season and perhaps beyond.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Ham Green":3oaufvrj said:
dazzy3000":3oaufvrj said:
GreenArmy1984":3oaufvrj said:
In Adams WE trust

Prat

I wonder how Sam Jones got a troll banner but not this guy. He's literally just as bad, only with the opposite view.

He did have it.

They were all taken off though.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
jespafc":2wix69xa said:
I'm still an Adams fan, and I still think I'd give him until the end of November.

However, I have to admit his pre-season business this summer is hard to comprehend, and I'm very tired of this club bringing in rejects from some very mediocre other clubs.

It's a hard time to follow this club right now, but let's not forget we've seen a lot worse in the not so distant past.

This.

I’ve been shocked at the pedigree of the players we’ve brought in the last three seasons (still think the first window was the best), which is the main reason I am so pro-Adams.

He’s over achieved, now he’s underachieving.

I STILL can’t believe Rochdale have landed Zac Clough, while our striking purchase is very much a League 1 reject that probably no other club at this level went for.

Harsh but that is almost certainly true, and despite repeated assertions the budget is competitive the evidence doesn’t back that up.

Remember, we have to pay MORE than other clubs to compensate for the distance, and probably shocking facilities as well.

Dec 18, 2008
Josh Pope":2c5o1w7p said:
Misco":2c5o1w7p said:

Alright, fair enough. Maybe, I'm right on the recruitment matter though?

That is not true. Brewster hasn't been at the club for a long time, most notably our amazing run in the second half of last season came without him.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Hallett needs to endear himself to the GA by making his first action in November to sack Derek Adams.

His payoff won’t be anywhere near as much as the money we will lose with decreasing crowds and relegation with a new grandstand on its way.

Sack him before it’s too late to give a new manager time to turn it around.