Adams out | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams out

Aug 11, 2013
I am honestly gutted for DA. Had the privilege of talking to him at the promotion party at the Pavilions and a super bloke. The speech about them up the road was the icing on the cake that evening. He’s been so good for us and I’m frustrated at where we find ourselves. Cannot bring myself to be disloyal in his hour of need after so many great moments under him.

He’s built his success on players who are grafters and going for players with a bit of pedigree seems to have backfired spectacularly. Losing Taylor who is so integral to his system has not helped.

I think he deserves the time to sort this out. I’ll be in a tiny minority I know but sacking the manager with all the other disruption at HP with the chairmanship, chief exec, refurb, chsngingvrooms etc will just condemn us to relegation.

He urgently needs to find a new system though.

Mar 23, 2008
To start two seasons consecutively as we have is so damned unprofessional it's unforgivable. Our signings have been dire, pre-season ineffective, its just not good enough. Pompey finished below us last season, now look. Rapidly losing faith.

Mar 14, 2009
arrythewurzel":36ytp209 said:
I am honestly gutted for DA. Had the privilege of talking to him at the promotion party at the Pavilions and a super bloke. The speech about them up the road was the icing on the cake that evening. He’s been so good for us and I’m frustrated at where we find ourselves. Cannot bring myself to be disloyal in his hour of need after so many great moments under him.

He’s built his success on players who are grafters and going for players with a bit of pedigree seems to have backfired spectacularly. Losing Taylor who is so integral to his system has not helped.

I think he deserves the time to sort this out. I’ll be in a tiny minority I know but sacking the manager with all the other disruption at HP with the chairmanship, chief exec, refurb, chsngingvrooms etc will just condemn us to relegation.

Can l point out that since he joined us we have played at the start of games mostly with one upfront who is isolated. You say find a new system when last season we were one of the lowest goal scoring teams away from home. He continues with the same style of play. The problem isn’t the system, it’s the style of play and the way he implements his game plan.

He is negative and reactive manager. I’m surely he is a lovely bloke. My dad’s met him on his way to senior greens meeting. He said similar to yourself. However, it doesn’t change the fact as a football manager we play a dull, negative and very unskilled brand of football that would be difficult to achieve wins in conference football, let alone league one.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Deacster":2cs3kv9w said:
To start two seasons consecutively as we have is so damned unprofessional it's unforgivable. Our signings have been dire, pre-season ineffective, its just not good enough. Pompey finished below us last season, now look. Rapidly losing faith.

Yes it’s 5hit. But can you think of any reasons why the club owned by a billionaire might have moved on further than we have?

Jul 4, 2008
newton abbot
There was nothing there today to suggest he has the players or tactics to get us out of this. No passion, no guile, no leadership! This will mot change! Hoof ball to a forward who can't control a ball. Deserved the negative chanting for the shocking 2nd half performance.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Unless Adams makes a move (Posty's comments on his post-match behaviour were interesting), I don't see anything happening until November.

The Hallett thing intrigues me. He's been successful in an often low tolerance industry and he isn't investing in the ground for fun.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
arrythewurzel":1ivswuyx said:

Pretty much agree with all of that.

Mar 23, 2008
Biggs":33zpuoux said:
Deacster":33zpuoux said:

Yes it’s 5hit. But can you think of any reasons why the club owned by a billionaire might have moved on further than we have?
Not that simple is it? They've spent some money on Curtis but generally signed free transfers and added to what they had. So what you imply, isn't the case as whilst they would have a higher wage bill they haven't spent much.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Frank_Butcher":1pzugje4 said:
Unless Adams makes a move (Posty's comments on his post-match behaviour were interesting), I don't see anything happening until November.

The Hallett thing intrigues me. He's been successful in an often low tolerance industry and he isn't investing in the ground for fun.

Support this view.

I can't see a change before Brent's departure. I also am struggling to think of any realistic replacement should we make a change. People keep mentioning Warnock but he is in Premier league and also past retirement age. Lincoln's joint managers are suggested but can't see them coming cheap.

Only name I can throw in is Gary Bowyer who did well at Blackpool in very trying circumstances.

Aug 4, 2011
cheshiregreen":2pa5vftq said:
Frank_Butcher":2pa5vftq said:

Support this view.

I can't see a change before Brent's departure. I also am struggling to think of any realistic replacement should we make a change. People keep mentioning Warnock but he is in Premier league and also past retirement age. Lincoln's joint managers are suggested but can't see them coming cheap.

Only name I can throw in is Gary Bowyer who did well at Blackpool in very trying circumstances.
Holloway for me