Adams out | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams out

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Army green":1whojahf said:
If and when he does go, who comes in? Not much out there, it would have to be a manager out of work as we won’t try and headhunt someone. Depressing times as we head back to league 2. Think this is us now, a league 1/2 yo yo club. To many other clubs are prepared to invest for us to compete

It's quite simple really - Argyle are too big a club to be in league 2 and once the historical debt issues had been resolved it would have had to have been a really bad manager who couldn't assemble a team to get promoted from that division. Adams then wasted his budget two seasons running. We will go down with him or not. Dont give him any more money this season, sack him in April and then let someone new build again from L2 becasue that is what the reality is. This season is dead and buried, simply too little quality in the squad to prevent relegation.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Mark, completely and utterly understand any criticism of Derek Adams this season but you’re continually denigrating any past achievement as well.

Argyle simply do NOT have a god given right to be above League 2 as we’ve been completely overtaken by many other clubs financially, to add to our location and facilities issues I’ve alluded to in another thread.

Your continual insistence that he blew a League 2 title and League 1 play off makes no sense because we over-achieved to get to those positions IN. THE. FIRST. PLACE.

He’s doing a crap job this season, but spare us the revisionism and bizarre insistence that anyone could have got us promoted.

And dead and buried when we’re four points off safety with 33 games to go? We’re crap but that’s taking negativity to a ridiculous extreme.

Sep 16, 2009
Bournemouth
I backed him in the poll but it’s getting silly now so I totally get why this thread is running. Problem is, he turned it round last year and so nearly got us to the play offs. If we’d sacked him this time last year we’d have looked silly. Can’t help thinking he will leave argyle and do well somewhere else.

May 22, 2006
Carl Barnard":2jjddsnh said:
I still think Tisdale suits us, with low budgets and he seems to like to use the youth!

Now that would be a novel approach.

SWPL team won 9-0 today. Good news if you're a Truro fan I guess. :roll:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Biggs":2f9j0ax4 said:
Is there any reason why you can never bring yourself to type Ollie Osbourne’s name, Steve?
yes biggs and i am not being sarcastic here,i had completely forgotten his name until you typed it out.what has this gentleman brought t o the club i wonder?

Feb 23, 2008
Bezza":3w0lt63j said:
I backed him in the poll but it’s getting silly now so I totally get why this thread is running. Problem is, he turned it round last year and so nearly got us to the play offs. If we’d sacked him this time last year we’d have looked silly. Can’t help thinking he will leave argyle and do well somewhere else.

Yeah either that or he will have a touch of the Mourinhos of this world about him.

I'm not in the DA leave camp yet, but he needs to learn from his mistakes, we had all this last season and were saying to give him until Xmas, now he's gone back to his old ways.

It's so frustrating that his perceived tactical stubbornness is what's losing him the fans and probably eventually the dressing room?

Sep 28, 2003
London
Monster Green":2g05em6v said:
GreenArmy1984":2g05em6v said:
In Adams WE trust

Give me your reasons mate. Not a loaded question.

If you're looking for intelligence and reason, you're asking the wrong poster. I'm afraid Paul has literally nothing to offer other than a wave of of his pom poms regardless of what's going on.

I'm sure he'll troll and fill every thread on here with brainless "everything is great" rubbish though, so there you go.

Feb 2, 2007
Should he go: Yes hes had long enough. Last season he found a shovel and dug us out. This season there is no shovel.

Will he go: No the club won't want a pay off and he is too stubborn to resign.

What happens next: generally poor, negative performances continue with the occasional win. By Christmas we are 22nd with 3 wins and everyone things he will make signings in January

January: he signs 3 journey men, injury prone rejects on freebies.

By March we have won 6 and are 23rd but still mathematically have a hope.

Relegation confirmed on final day when, after 5 successive victories we lose 4-2 with 2 goals in stoppage time. A defeat by a single goal would have kept us up.

Derek says we always had a bottom 4 budget and the GA cheer a return to L2 enthusiastically with our shiny Mayflower 2018 stand.

Aug 10, 2006
GreenThing":2clseooc said:
football-bet-data":2clseooc said:
cheshiregreen":2clseooc said:
Frank_Butcher":2clseooc said:
Unless Adams makes a move (Posty's comments on his post-match behaviour were interesting), I don't see anything happening until November.

The Hallett thing intrigues me. He's been successful in an often low tolerance industry and he isn't investing in the ground for fun.

Support this view.

I can't see a change before Brent's departure. I also am struggling to think of any realistic replacement should we make a change. People keep mentioning Warnock but he is in Premier league and also past retirement age. Lincoln's joint managers are suggested but can't see them coming cheap.

Only name I can throw in is Gary Bowyer who did well at Blackpool in very trying circumstances.
Holloway for me

It’s a myth that Holloway played attractive football. Most of the time it was hoof to Barry Hayles who held it until Ebanks-Blake arrived. Winning football, yes, but not a million miles away from Adam’s brand of football.
you are joking.