Adams out | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams out

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
football-bet-data":gsk6aqcd said:
cheshiregreen":gsk6aqcd said:
Frank_Butcher":gsk6aqcd said:
Unless Adams makes a move (Posty's comments on his post-match behaviour were interesting), I don't see anything happening until November.

The Hallett thing intrigues me. He's been successful in an often low tolerance industry and he isn't investing in the ground for fun.

Support this view.

I can't see a change before Brent's departure. I also am struggling to think of any realistic replacement should we make a change. People keep mentioning Warnock but he is in Premier league and also past retirement age. Lincoln's joint managers are suggested but can't see them coming cheap.

Only name I can throw in is Gary Bowyer who did well at Blackpool in very trying circumstances.
Holloway for me

It’s a myth that Holloway played attractive football. Most of the time it was hoof to Barry Hayles who held it until Ebanks-Blake arrived. Winning football, yes, but not a million miles away from Adam’s brand of football.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
GreenThing":3oqahvzi said:
football-bet-data":3oqahvzi said:
cheshiregreen":3oqahvzi said:
Frank_Butcher":3oqahvzi said:
Unless Adams makes a move (Posty's comments on his post-match behaviour were interesting), I don't see anything happening until November.

The Hallett thing intrigues me. He's been successful in an often low tolerance industry and he isn't investing in the ground for fun.

Support this view.

I can't see a change before Brent's departure. I also am struggling to think of any realistic replacement should we make a change. People keep mentioning Warnock but he is in Premier league and also past retirement age. Lincoln's joint managers are suggested but can't see them coming cheap.

Only name I can throw in is Gary Bowyer who did well at Blackpool in very trying circumstances.
Holloway for me

It’s a myth that Holloway played attractive football. Most of the time it was hoof to Barry Hayles who held it until Ebanks-Blake arrived. Winning football, yes, but not a million miles away from Adam’s brand of football.

I would suggest the difference between winning and losing football is a million miles apart.

DA does not have a Scooby doo and is an arrogant stubborn Scottish (insult removed by Admin ).

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
GreenArmy1984":e6lf6pbw said:
In Adams WE trust

I think you should show some respect and sensitivity to those who chose to go and support the team, and watch the game today (I wasn’t one of them, but plenty did go).

You may trust Adams’ ability to turn this around, but the vast majority do not.

Why do you feel you have the right to say ‘WE’ and speak on behalf of others?

I would encourage you to think more carefully before repeating the same soundbites over and over again.

I agree with the original post.

If Adams stays then we will almost certainly be relegated, and we spent too long trying to get out of League Two to let that happen.

Mar 23, 2008
GreenThing":c5qasnbq said:
football-bet-data":c5qasnbq said:
cheshiregreen":c5qasnbq said:
Frank_Butcher":c5qasnbq said:

Support this view.

Holloway for me

Crikey, which games did you watch?? We attacked teams and had pace and skill, Halmosi, Norris, SEB.... All pacey and positive players, through in the sublime Nalis. Holloways football would be a massive upgrade and it would be nice if Argyle was occasionally fun.

May 28, 2015
As I said on the other thread nick daws did well at scunthorpe at the end of last season. No real experience but successful as a caretaker and was only given 5 games at the start of this season. Scunthorpe were well organised and could attack. It's no real risk for him to come here because I dont think many people would give him a chance but let's be honest theres not many experienced managers who have had much success free at the moment. Not that would come here. So a fresh face would be nice too see. Also mentioned Flynn from Newport before at 37 hes doing wonders in his first job and Newport were in a similar position to us when he took over just in league 2 and later in the season

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
pafcidg":1ymclx0b said:
Bring in the Lincoln management team now

They are top of L2 massively enhancing their reputation as a management team at a club that is actually decent in size. Why on earth would they move all the way down to Devon to manage a team that is essentially just one place above them in the league and probably unable to offer too much more than what they are already on?

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Biggs":3ri4tjzt said:
pafcidg":3ri4tjzt said:
Bring in xthe Lincoln management team now

I needed a laugh, thanks :lol:

1 place below us. Will be a division above us at the current rate. Won 6-2 away today.
Perhaps Lincoln managed to get Akinde in because of their MASSIVE budgetary superiority over us. Never mind, maybe we can we get Martyn Starnes back in the transfer window, that'll sort things out

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i have consistently backed derek but times up for me.please do the decent thing and resign.please argyle do not let wooton,nance,wilmot and the royal marine take over in in interim management.

Jun 7, 2006
I do not come to this position easily. But the manager built this team and seems unwilling or unable to change a system that isn't working. So for the first time after witnessing that dreadful performance I am joining those calling for the manager to go.

Mar 8, 2016
If and when he does go, who comes in? Not much out there, it would have to be a manager out of work as we won’t try and headhunt someone. Depressing times as we head back to league 2. Think this is us now, a league 1/2 yo yo club. To many other clubs are prepared to invest for us to compete

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Is there any reason why you can never bring yourself to type Ollie Osbourne’s name, Steve?

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Phil Sloggett":2epf07h7 said:
GreenArmy1984":2epf07h7 said:
In Adams WE trust

I think you should show some respect and sensitivity to those who chose to go and support the team, and watch the game today (I wasn’t one of them, but plenty did go).

You may trust Adams’ ability to turn this around, but the vast majority do not.

Why do you feel you have the right to say ‘WE’ and speak on behalf of others?

I would encourage you to think more carefully before repeating the same soundbites over and over again.

I agree with the original post.

If Adams stays then we will almost certainly be relegated, and we spent too long trying to get out of League Two to let that happen.
Bleddy well said. Sick to the back teeth of his myopic, green-tinted claptrap that's more worthy of a trained seal. :clap: