Argyle bid for Janoi Donacien (signs for Fleetwood) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle bid for Janoi Donacien (signs for Fleetwood)

Aug 5, 2016
cheshiregreen":k8lgtbrr said:
PL2 3DQ":k8lgtbrr said:
The last time we paid a fee for a player during a January transfer window was in 2017 when Nathan Blissett signed from Torquay for £15,000.

I guess the money we received for selling Canavan is being offered to buy Donacien?
A little surprised at our choice of target here, to be honest, we need an out and out centre back who will be comfortable in a defence of three.

Perhaps Lowe's failed experiment with 4 at the back highlighted the absence of career fullbacks at the club.

Lewis and Donacien may be two options either side in a back four who will not be a liability.

Jan 12, 2020
That is one possibility. I would also suggest that a player that can play both CB and RB is an ideal candidate for the right side of a defensive three as they will be comfortable when pulled/pushed out wide.
What is a more critical consideration is, does he have pace?

Jul 12, 2016
third earl of jean":slb6kkcd said:
Surely a CB must be top priority. We simply can't go into the remainder of the season with the same back three minus Canavan.
This is what I find most frustrating with Lowe he goes out and strengthens other areas of the side when we have been crying out for a decent CB since Bradley left us.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
oldage":3opv6dbm said:
third earl of jean":3opv6dbm said:
Surely a CB must be top priority. We simply can't go into the remainder of the season with the same back three minus Canavan.
This is what I find most frustrating with Lowe he goes out and strengthens other areas of the side when we have been crying out for a decent CB since Bradley left us.

With the Lowe system a centre-back like Bradley would not be suitable. A player who can bring the ball out or find an accurate pass is a higher priority hence looking at a guy who can play right back or right side sentry back where our current choice is Aimson or Wootton - neither of which are among our best players.

However, we do need competition for Opoku at the Central position of the 3 unless with Sawyer coming back to fitness, Watts is an option.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
oldage":lfidnntr said:
third earl of jean":lfidnntr said:

Although predominantly He is a Right back. It would seem He can play anywhere across the back, so I'd have thought He would be a good option to have with our limited defence.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
So Lowe has confirmed we have a few targets that should be able to play CB. Wonder who they are.. also interesting that we offered a transfer fee..

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Apparently our offer was £50,000. :shock:
Wigan and Fleetwood are now also interested in signing Donacien on loan.
So Ipswich turn down 50k but might let him leave on loan? Bizarre.

East Anglian Daily Times.

May 22, 2006
PL2 3DQ":1fjc9ajr said:

Ipswich have the option to extend his contract for a year. Presumably a loan move would give him the opportunity to prove himself and increase his value. They would then extend his contract and seek a bigger fee if they don’t want him themselves.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
pastiesforlife":2omy80oy said:
PL2 3DQ":2omy80oy said:

Ipswich have the option to extend his contract for a year. Presumably a loan move would give him the opportunity to prove himself and increase his value. They would then extend his contract and seek a bigger fee if they don’t want him themselves.

They might do well at Ipswich to recall the old adage 'a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush'.. Having said that I am by no means confident RL will be successful in getting this guy's signature.

Dec 3, 2005
Just received this from a friend who is a life long ipswich supporter:

Hi, yeh good defender who really should be in the 1st team but he plays in the same position as the captain. Lambert will not drop the skipper even though he's bloody useless at the moment. Solid defender, would be a good signing.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Apparently he's just as much a right back as he is a centre-back - maybe a bit of a Zak Vyner type. Makes you wonder though, if he's good enough on the ball to play right back, would we want him more as a right centre back than a middle centre back - which implies that maybe Aimson would have to shift inside, or Opoku stays in the team and Aimson is dropped... or of course, we may not end up signing him at all :)

Also, he's apparently quick. That will certainly please the "pace is all that matters at centre-back" proportion of our fan base...

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Taking in all I’ve heard and read about this guy he sounds a good signing. Maybe if we increased the offer just a tiny bit more it would be enough for Ipswich to sell..