Argyle bid for Janoi Donacien (signs for Fleetwood) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle bid for Janoi Donacien (signs for Fleetwood)

Mar 14, 2009
SeaninStDenys":2uv87x99 said:
Donacien was born in Castries, St Lucia. If he joined, he wouldn't be the first Argyle player from there. Who else?

My first thought was Earl Jean. He played around ‘97 season because lm sure l remember him away to Burnley along with the midfielder Mark Saunders. I think Saunders put us 1 up in that game we lost.

Earl Jean sticks in my mind because in all honesty we talk about some of our players now but thinking back then at that side it wasn’t very good. He was short in statue. Can’t remember him having that explosive pace like an Adrain Littlejohn.

Mar 14, 2009
SeaninStDenys":2723qegg said:
Jean's the one I was thinking of anyway!

Here is a relatively easy question back. There are two other players (l can think of) who played for Argyle that have Caribbean islands nationality.

One was born in Jamaica and the other is from Trinidad and Tobago. The latter even represented them at international level. Who are they?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Metal_Green_Mickey":1aedphej said:
SeaninStDenys":1aedphej said:

Here is a relatively easy question back. There are two other players (l can think of) who played for Argyle that have Caribbean islands nationality.

One was born in Jamaica and the other is from Trinidad and Tobago. The latter even represented them at international level. Who are they?
Bhasera?

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Tugboat":2cz7s8v8 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2cz7s8v8 said:
SeaninStDenys":2cz7s8v8 said:

Bhasera?

He was from Zimbabwe.

Joel Grant is the obvious one, he’s Jamaican. Not sure who the second is!

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Metal_Green_Mickey":22qi2xzx said:
SeaninStDenys":22qi2xzx said:

Ronnie?

Jun 27, 2019
Dwight Marshall was born in Jamaica.

Earl Jean was - with the greatest of respect - not a very good player.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Ipswich are obviously hoping that another club comes in for him with a bigger transfer fee than what Argyle have offered and maybe start a bidding war......

Apr 1, 2009
oddball":3kyfvetk said:
Ipswich are obviously hoping that another club comes in for him with a bigger transfer fee than what Argyle have offered and maybe start a bidding war......

Quite possibly, but it's a risky strategy if you want to sell and you've only got one bidder. That bidder needs to acquire a CB within the next week or so. If he finds an alternative, the seller may lose his only bid. If the buyer doesn't find an alterna\tive, however, a slightly larger bid might be forthcoming.

Incidently I am sure that Simon Hallett said he wouldn't be funding any purchases in the January window. If he's stuck to that, then presumably the fee for Ennis and potential fee for Donacien are coming from the unbudgeted revenue from the cup run, as well as the (presumably modest) fee reeived for Canavan. If this is the case then it is a brave strategy from Argyle given that so much of the income usually regarded as budgeted (POTD, hospitality etc.) is missing this year.

Feb 8, 2005
oddball":350gw1td said:

I don't think there is another Club willing to pay money for him, and they haven't turned down the move outright.

I suspect that Ipswich are aware of the fact that Argyle are still in the FA Cup, and have earned money from the run, and are trying to stretch Argyle into paying more than the original offer, as they know there is money in the Argyle coffers.

Who knows, if we beat Sheffield Utd (!) Lowe may be able to put in a better offer anyway.

But whatever happens, watch this space, there will be movement one way or another before the month ends, (and possibly when our cup run comes to an end) and the player appears to be more than suitable for Argyle, although Accrington may put a mockers on the deal if the player prefers to return there.

The ball is in Ipswich's court at the moment. It is their decision to make.