Argyle in Administration??? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle in Administration???

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
SCH1959":1ium188t said:
mrrapson":1ium188t said:
IF this happens the best we can hope for is a sugar daddy sees the potential. At the end of the day, the world cup bid and the stadium plans will see a good return on investment. Hopefully someone can see that. Chris Dawson or that Heaney geezer? Anyone got contacts in Dubai? Must be a massive potential Market for lge1 footy over there surely?

Chris Dawson ? You must be joking, this is a proud football club not a market stall. The man gets on my wick with his Del boy persona.

Besides which hasn't he previously stated that he has no particular interest in football.

Dec 3, 2005
Excuse my ignorance, though i suspect there are a few who would also like to know.

What exactly, in layman terms, are the consequences of 'going into administraion'?

Thank you.

pontypoolgreen":27zxiqx0 said:
Tavypilgrim":27zxiqx0 said:
SCH1959":27zxiqx0 said:
mrrapson":27zxiqx0 said:
IF this happens the best we can hope for is a sugar daddy sees the potential. At the end of the day, the world cup bid and the stadium plans will see a good return on investment. Hopefully someone can see that. Chris Dawson or that Heaney geezer? Anyone got contacts in Dubai? Must be a massive potential Market for lge1 footy over there surely?

Chris Dawson ? You must be joking, this is a proud football club not a market stall. The man gets on my wick with his Del boy persona.

Besides which hasn't he previously stated that he has no particular interest in football.

Correct.

But he has an interest in making money.

CD may be a Del Boy type but he is an extremely shrewd business man. His empire (for want of a better word) is worth many millions of pounds, he grew up in plymouth and went to Penlee school .Isn't he exactly what the "fans" have been crying out for??

He was just a name that came into my head, I struggled to think of many south west millonaires who don't mind taking a punt.

Jan 25, 2010
as i stated in a previous thread argyles finances are that serious they couldnt pay the players on time and yes their bonuses are a little behind so things not that gr8 at argyle.

saw couple of players with ex player steve adams celebrating his 30th birthday with cash ion them so they must have been paid today

Y2J

Dec 28, 2004
Cornwall
mrrapson":rwuie8lq said:
Argyle_4_Life":rwuie8lq said:
Paranoia much?

Think what you want but this is a real and distinct possibility. Look at some of the posters on this thread. Would they comment if they didn't think it was likely?

I don't deny its a possibility because this is football, but anyone suggesting we might not exist at some point is taking it too far. I can think of 30 clubs that are in a bigger mess than us. Portsmouth and Cardiff can rack up £150m of debt combined and still find ways to pay for players like Bellamy, Kitson and Lawrence.

Argyle_4_Life":1eaykvo3 said:
mrrapson":1eaykvo3 said:
Argyle_4_Life":1eaykvo3 said:
Paranoia much?

Think what you want but this is a real and distinct possibility. Look at some of the posters on this thread. Would they comment if they didn't think it was likely?

I don't deny its a possibility because this is football, but anyone suggesting we might not exist at some point is taking it too far. I can think of 30 clubs that are in a bigger mess than us. Portsmouth and Cardiff can rack up £150m of debt combined and still find ways to pay for players like Bellamy, Kitson and Lawrence.

I agree with you there, I don't think there is any doubt that we will continue to exist, I just think that Clubs like Pompey and Cardiff have it easier than us because there is more money available because of the "corrupt" way the clubs have been run. We on the other hand have been run honestly.

B

Blondie

pilgrim_mike":973t4vy7 said:
as i stated in a previous thread argyles finances are that serious they couldnt pay the players on time and yes their bonuses are a little behind so things not that gr8 at argyle.

saw couple of players with ex player steve adams celebrating his 30th birthday with cash ion them so they must have been paid today

The cash he had came from my purse :wink:

D

deanthegreenmachine

in regards finance does anyone know if the share deal in argyle is now completed,

Feb 29, 2008
I am going to spend all day hopping around on my right leg as it might just fall off later :(

May 19, 2009
São Plympton
pilgrim_mike":3vyrti0c said:

mid month at Bovey Castle they didnt look skint during wedding reception :lol: