Argyle in Administration??? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle in Administration???

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Whenever I read a discussion on Argyle and Administration (or hear a strong rumour...) I am put in mind of that report a couple of years ago that praised Argyle as being one of the best run (finanically) clubs in the country. I can't remember the detail but it does make you wonder what has happened. I guess that in the olden days (Paul Stapleton as Chairman era) the Board simply didn't have much money or access to funding sources and so it was relatively easy not to become financially overstretched.

A

Anonymous

argyleiggy":hsra5o70 said:
B
O
L
L
O
C
K
S.
:)

I wish I was that confident.

I'll stick by what I said in another thread, if we (England) do not win the world cup bid, this lot will be off and taking their wallets with them.

Feb 29, 2008
IJN":2zvxjvzm said:
argyleiggy":2zvxjvzm said:
B
O
L
L
O
C
K
S.

I'll stick by what I said in another thread, if we (England) do not win the world cup bid, this lot will be off and taking their wallets with them.

I disagree, there is still £150m of development potential here, it may mean a bit less in the way of matched funding but the cherry is still there. I just wish they would be more honest, split the football club off and pay us a good chunk of severance pay and carry on with what they came here to do, develop CP.

Sep 22, 2003
Chippenham
So would we recover if we went in to administration now, cleared all the debts, took on the 10 point deduction and be 8 points from safety? If there was a time to do it, would now be the time??

If Southampton, Palace, Leeds etc have done it, why can't we?

Which department of PCC does your missus work in again PP? You seem remarkably well informed as to what you think are givens!

The development of central park as is, is a development of dead land anyway.

If the club go into administration they won't be doing any of the developing unless someone coughs up tons of cash. Contrary to how you seem to feel, I genuinely do not believe that anyone on the board is here to rape the club. They are here to make money and for that I see nothing wrong in their motives.

A

Anonymous

argyleiggy":3h9g4kbc said:
IJN":3h9g4kbc said:
argyleiggy":3h9g4kbc said:
B
O
L
L
O
C
K
S.

I disagree, there is still £150m of development potential here, it may mean a bit less in the way of matched funding but the cherry is still there. I just wish they would be more honest, split the football club off and pay us a good chunk of severance pay and carry on with what they came here to do, develop CP.

Doh! They can't, that is the whole point and crux of the matter.

What ever development takes place it cannot be done without a football club at the centre of it. The Covenant states that just about anything can be built on the footprint of Home Park as long as it's "associated with a football club".
It doesn't have to be a League One or Championship club, a Blue Square Conference club will do!

As for the rest of the development - that land belongs to the Council.

D

deanthegreenmachine

PL2 3DQ":1v7nq836 said:
argyleiggy":1v7nq836 said:
IJN":1v7nq836 said:
argyleiggy":1v7nq836 said:
B
O
L
L
O
C
K
S.

Doh! They can't, that is the whole point and crux of the matter.

What ever development takes place it cannot be done without a football club at the centre of it. The Covenant states that just about anything can be built on the footprint of Home Park as long as it's "associated with a football club".
It doesn't have to be a League One or Championship club, a Blue Square Conference club will do!

As for the rest of the development - that land belongs to the Council.

I dont like the sound of this at all,

Dec 7, 2006
penzancepirate":1gxrdagp said:
argyleiggy":1gxrdagp said:
I just wish they would be more honest, split the football club off and pay us a good chunk of severance pay and carry on with what they came here to do, develop CP.

They can't yet, well, not until they've wormed the best possible planning consent out of the Council. They need the World Cup cover for Council approval.
But, they'll cast the club loose soon enough, as soon as permissions are sorted ... make a big deal of it and out of the goodness of their hearts, will offer the endebted, shackled and contracted club back to the fans. For all we know these rumours are all part of puting pressure on the City Council during continuing planning negotiations.
As for the Central Park quote, typical of many city residents, no wonder this city will be the only mass population centre in the country with a nuclear dump slap bang in the middle of it. Perhaps we should 'volunteer' to take all the cellafield waste as well, that should fill the city coffers nicely.

Oh FFS, you DO post some utter bollox sometimes!! :twisted: When will people like you, who seem incapable of understanding repeated, clear unequivocal statements, twig that Plymouth will NOT , repeat NOT be storing nuclear waste and becoming a new Sellafield? :twisted: The fuel and reactors that are on the boats laid up in the Yard will be removed and sent up north starting in 2 years time. The boats themselves will then be then be cut up somewhere (possibly Devonport) and disposed of. Nobody is turning Devonport into Sellafield. What part of that won't you understand? :roll:

E

elbygreen12

Hopefully wrong but I don't think we would all be that shocked, we loaned out a top earner in Damien Johnson to reduce the wage bill and probably would have got rid of more if the interest was there, money clearly is tight and our transfer budget is virtually 0.

One question I would ask is would Peter Reid join a club that is on the verge of administration?? Personally I think not, would anyone leave a good job for a managers job at a financially stricken recently relegated club?

If its inevitable that we will go into administration this season then I don't think now would be the worst time, we would have the time to get out of trouble and pull well clear of being relegated again.

Time will tell, anyway Swindon away tomorrow. COYG!!!!!!!

Aug 22, 2006
Andy_Blackett":32wttn1s said:
So would we recover if we went in to administration now, cleared all the debts, took on the 10 point deduction and be 8 points from safety? If there was a time to do it, would now be the time??

If Southampton, Palace, Leeds etc have done it, why can't we?

All 3 clubs are bigger than argyle
All 3 clubs have been in the PL
All 3 clubs have racked up far bigger debts than us
All 3 clubs have bigger attendances than us
All 3 clubs at some point in their history (even as far back as 10 years ago) have at that "wow" factor.
Actually I feel if this were to happen we would completely implode. We seem to be low in confidence anyhow, I can't imagine us coming back from games after being 1-0 down just because we are adrift at the bottom when we've only done it once in 3 years.
It's frustrating really - it boils down to gates at the end of the day - even when we were playing brazilian footie (apparently) under holloway we were averaging just 12,500. That was 4,000 less than what was forecast which is when we began paying fairly big wages (well relatively big for us.)
The fact we've needed to average 4-5000 more fans every season along with that bad year when sturrock wasted 1.5 million on players (who did not perform who were not quality) has basically shafted us - So a two year period where we underperformed as opposed to sooo many years in our history where we have overperformed (in terms of what we have spent and gates, i'm not talking about size of city.) Lets compare that with how Palace, Southampton, Cardiff and Leeds have been run. I mean how many years is it taking Cardiff to get promoted? So that's a million years of underperforming for them.

Sometimes there is no room for mistakes - many clubs seem to have plenty of room and get away lightly. If we are made an example of I'd guarantee you it would be embarrassing more than anything because our debts are nowhere near as big as many many other clubs. I can see it now "argyle started paying players 5-6k a week under Holloway, broke the club record for Steve MacLean for a whopping 500k, wasted money on 3 or 4 players who cost 200k each and even took a big risk in bringing in world class strike Emile Mpenza for free, but on a staggering wage of 10k a week." Staggering for some, not so staggering for others.

This kind of thing happens all the time, but it's a combination thing. Sometimes the club it happens to average bigger gates, or they have a rich chairman, or their 10k a week signing ends up scoring 30 goals and saving the club etc... or they sell their best player for 2 million.

There's the Hull City/Burnley/Blackpool argument but even these clubs needed a combination of luck, rich chairmen, decent manager etc...
Hull wracked up huuge debts, so did Burnley who spent a fair bit on promotion (but not like Cardiff), Blackpool were paying wages of 10k a week in the championship - but the difference is they went up, with very good managers... we went down and by next season 4 of our ex managers will probably be managing teams in divisions higher. 3 of them could well be in the premier league, and 3 of these clubs either have a) Very rich chairman b) huge crowds c) exceptional manager d) decent locality e) all four.

So when the crowds aren't huge, when there is no money flying about and when our locality needs an attraction of some sort surely the only way of being "different" is to launch a world cup bid. Or start again.

C

Cult Of Personality

FordGreen":38hvvyjb said:
penzancepirate":38hvvyjb said:
argyleiggy":38hvvyjb said:
I just wish they would be more honest, split the football club off and pay us a good chunk of severance pay and carry on with what they came here to do, develop CP.

They can't yet, well, not until they've wormed the best possible planning consent out of the Council. They need the World Cup cover for Council approval.
But, they'll cast the club loose soon enough, as soon as permissions are sorted ... make a big deal of it and out of the goodness of their hearts, will offer the endebted, shackled and contracted club back to the fans. For all we know these rumours are all part of puting pressure on the City Council during continuing planning negotiations.
As for the Central Park quote, typical of many city residents, no wonder this city will be the only mass population centre in the country with a nuclear dump slap bang in the middle of it. Perhaps we should 'volunteer' to take all the cellafield waste as well, that should fill the city coffers nicely.

Oh FFS, you DO post some utter bollox sometimes!! :twisted: When will people like you, who seem incapable of understanding repeated, clear unequivocal statements, twig that Plymouth will NOT , repeat NOT be storing nuclear waste and becoming a new Sellafield? :twisted: The fuel and reactors that are on the boats laid up in the Yard will be removed and sent up north starting in 2 years time. The boats themselves will then be then be cut up somewhere (possibly Devonport) and disposed of. Nobody is turning Devonport into Sellafield. What part of that won't you understand? :roll:

Typical Cornish dig at plymouth mate thats all he does

His 6 fingers love to type bile at anything to with plymouth devon and england

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
What are the short/long term consequences if the club, as rumours suggest, go into administraton?