B, B or H? | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

B, B or H?

Which of the three?

• Brent

Votes: 178 82.4%
  • Buttivant

Votes: 22 10.2%
  • Heaney

Votes: 16 7.4%

• Total voters
Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
marin(er)":1krjc5hc said:
My posts may well be tedious but let me ask you some questions

1 What assets is Heaney going to strip then bearing in mind the Magnificent seven lost us the ground?
2 Are you saying that every person who suffers bankruptcy whether in business or personally should be cast onto the tip?
3 How do you know that Brent IS the man then? Based on the fact that you said you did..

and please, don't give me any of this moral carp.... he is a business man, a property developer and WILL not be doing anything for argyle simply for the love of god....

my point is and always has been that we don't know enough about any of them and despite what you might think we really need to get things sorted. the rescue package will see us being rescued whilst in the Ryman League although we won't need it anyway.
Marin(er)
1) If Brent's bid succeeds the ground will be council owned for the good of the community, not privately owned for the good of an individual. Surley a preferable state of affairs?
And any mention of asset stripping refers to the club and ground being seperated between 2 private individuals. If Heany was not in breach of FL rules this would not be necessary.

2) Of course not, dont be bloody stupid.

3) No-one truly knows. We just go on what we hear from various sources, and make our own judgements.

M

marin(er)

1 that's if the council will buy it. And regardless of that there are many in Plymouth who would not have the view that a football ground is good for the community, more a burden.

2 then why do you use this against Heaney?

3 you clearly state at the top of this page that you do really know :?

Now here is the thing.... I'm actually quite straight forward. You say my posts are tedious...
The fact is I am asking questions as to why people are out to derail this bid and no one actually has an answer. So I continue... Tedious? Maybe for you, very for me but I really do care about the survival of he club

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
marin(er)":1qlrmeys said:

1 What assets is Heaney going to strip then bearing in mind the Magnificent seven lost us the ground?
2 Are you saying that every person who suffers bankruptcy whether in business or personally should be cast onto the tip?
3 How do you know that Brent IS the man then? Based on the fact that you said you did..

and please, don't give me any of this moral carp.... he is a business man, a property developer and WILL not be doing anything for argyle simply for the love of god....

my point is and always has been that we don't know enough about any of them and despite what you might think we really need to get things sorted. the rescue package will see us being rescued whilst in the Ryman League although we won't need it anyway.

Marin[er] To refer to your Question 2.

I do believe in the interests of equity, there is a huge difference between a man/woman/business going bankrupt and being perhaps left with his £100 car, his tools of his/her trade, husband/wife and 3 children, as compared, to a company going into liquidation owing thousands of £K's where the lead director hides behind the limited liability of that company, to the detriment of his/her unpaid trade creditors. Yet, if the truth is possibly known, has lots of remaining private assets around him/her, which he/she prefers not to use to help clear the outstanding company liabilities. That is the type of owner/director that does not receive the general public's approbation. I trust you can acknowledge the difference can exist whether in Plymouth, Portsmouth, Peterhead or Pensilva.

M

marin(er)

Quintrell_Green":lwiyz0hq said:
marin(er)":lwiyz0hq said:

my point is and always has been that we don't know enough about any of them and despite what you might think we really need to get things sorted. the rescue package will see us being rescued whilst in the Ryman League although we won't need it anyway.[/qu

I do believe in the interests of equity, there is a huge difference between a man/woman/business going bankrupt and being perhaps left with his £100 car, his tools of his/her trade, husband/wife and 3 children, as compared, to a company going into liquidation owing thousands of £K's where the lead director hides behind the limited liability of that company, to the detriment of his/her unpaid trade creditors. Yet, if the truth is possibly known, has lots of remaining private assets around him/her, which he/she prefers not to use to help clear the outstanding company liabilities. That is the type of owner/director that does not receive the general public's approbation. I trust you can acknowledge the difference can exist whether in Plymouth, Portsmouth, Peterhead or Pensilva.

I acknowledge that. but would you not actually be describing Plymouth Argyle there? In particular if all these people on here expect us to keep all our assets?

I just fail to see how we can expect to come out of this with choices... I am grateful we are still breathing. I feel sorry for the staff and all the small businesses but we got into this mess and Peter Ridsdale kept our heads above water and Heaney has bid, put money down and pledged a price. Until I am proved naive I think we all know as much as each other and no view is right or wrong

Nov 27, 2009
Plymouth.
Marin(er) have you got a day job?

Flippin heck you are prolific and i was wondering if the current result of this poll makes the vast majority of voters negative people?

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
marin(er)":1p1d53d7 said:
1 that's if the council will buy it. And regardless of that there are many in Plymouth who would not have the view that a football ground is good for the community, more a burden.

2 then why do you use this against Heaney?

3 you clearly state at the top of this page that you do really know :?

Now here is the thing.... I'm actually quite straight forward. You say my posts are tedious...
The fact is I am asking questions as to why people are out to derail this bid and no one actually has an answer. So I continue... Tedious? Maybe for you, very for me but I really do care about the survival of he club

Marin(er)

Please do not ever ever again state that you deal only in facts! As for your pitiful replies to the following:

1. Please explain who thinks it is a burden. I am unaware of these veiws being expressed.

2. Please quote where I have used adminstration in an arguement against Heany?

3. Please quote me saying I know Brent. For the records I don't, but I do like what I have heard from various sources.

Please don't refer to other peoples posts when quoting me.

I did respect your opinion until you decided to totally invent your own spin on my veiws!

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
marin(er)":2czk84dz said:
Quintrell_Green":2czk84dz said:
marin(er)":2czk84dz said:

my point is and always has been that we don't know enough about any of them and despite what you might think we really need to get things sorted. the rescue package will see us being rescued whilst in the Ryman League although we won't need it anyway.[/qu

I acknowledge that. but would you not actually be describing Plymouth Argyle there? In particular if all these people on here expect us to keep all our assets?

I just fail to see how we can expect to come out of this with choices... I am grateful we are still breathing. I feel sorry for the staff and all the small businesses but we got into this mess and Peter Ridsdale kept our heads above water and Heaney has bid, put money down and pledged a price. Until I am proved naive I think we all know as much as each other and no view is right or wrong[/quote]

You seem pretty keen to tell everyone else thier view is wrong.

M

marin(er)

Womble, I apologise, I confused you with Gil at the top of the page. However, I take issue with your last post. I very rarely tell people their opinions are wrong... Please don't misrepresent me.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
marin(er)":8sitpbpy said:
Womble, I apologise, I confused you with Gil at the top of the page. However, I take issue with your last post. I very rarely tell people their opinions are wrong... Please don't misrepresent me.

Well, we've both misrepresented each other, so guess we're even now!

gil

Feb 22, 2008
Just to set the record straight Marin(er) it was me that said I thought that your posts were tedious. I base that on the fact that thread after thread is full of your posts going round and round in circles saying the same things and seemingly unable to think any different. As I pointed out sometimes you come out with a statement that seems utterly incredulous. The rest of the time its the same old drum. I know that I don't have to read it and apologise if I articulated my feelings unnecessarily, but there it is.

Oh and FWIW my views concerning who I would prefer to run my football club and take my hard earned from me on a Saturday are not soley based on what you dismissively term 'moral carp' but who I believe would provide the best sustainable future for our club, as opposed to making a quick buck and fudgeing off. Its not making the profit but how its made that matters to the long term future of a football club and its sole purpose of ecouraging fans (i.e customers) to commit both emotionally and therefore financially. I run my small business by providing a good service at a fair price to customers (public and commercial) who feel that I care about the service I give them rather than making as much cash as possible now and bugger the future. Let me tell you - it works, and surprise surprise there are millions of businesses out there doing very nicely thank you as a result.

Moral carp? or good long term business sense.

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
SCH":382lqskn said:
Marin(er) have you got a day job?

Flippin heck you are prolific and i was wondering if the current result of this poll makes the vast majority of voters negative people?
yes it does,but dont panic theres 5000 of us so i think we will pull through :)

L

Lord Tisdale

Isn't there some form of moderation here to stop these suckers on the Heany/Ridsdale mam from Hi jacking every thread, this Mariner, he's on the payroll right?

B

bandwagon

Lord Tisdale":ulmatuy3 said:
Isn't there some form of moderation here to stop these suckers on the Heany/Ridsdale mam from Hi jacking every thread, this Mariner, he's on the payroll right?

Whilst I spit having to say I agree with you - instead of healing the rift between the fans, Mr Mariner seems to drive the wedge in further!!

We will have to wait and see our first gate, but I fear a mass Janner exodus - even down you your levels!! :) :) :) :) :)

M

marin(er)

Hijacking threads? It's all about opinions. The only wedge being driven is the absolute blind charge against Heaney and Ridsdale who I will maintain have actually done nothing wrong (prepare for not paid staff etc....) The club was so far down the pan it was dead. It all takes time...... The plan B will forever be a wedge and no one sees it... No matter what happens from now, no matter how well we do as a team etc. there will always be 'the plan b would have been better brigade'. The deal is done! I accept that a fallback is good to have but it's already being dressed up as if it is plan A.. The wedge is being driven by people not accepting the truth, Heaney WAS the only bidder and he got it. plan B should have been put into place months ago then things might have different. And no, I'm not on the bloody payroll!!!

Aug 26, 2009
Plympton
Tell you what - that Esmer has gone awful quiet since his 'outing' last week hasn't he?

Perhaps he is trying to sort out the current pricing and seating fiasco for this season. Hey Pete, a response to the emails you and Rick have had on this matter would be appreciated. :grin:

Or has he got much bigger problems with the club?