B, B or H? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

B, B or H?

Which of the three?

• Brent

Votes: 178 82.4%
  • Buttivant

Votes: 22 10.2%
  • Heaney

Votes: 16 7.4%

• Total voters
M

marin(er)

Peter_Jones":3irq69ky said:
Andrew Owen":3irq69ky said:
- A failed property developer who may not have the money after all.
- A property developer who claims to have the money but can't prove it to anyone.
- A property developer who kept telling us how reluctant he was.

Crap crap crappy crap. I'd go for none of the above if it was an option.

Andrew - that's a "PASOTI fact".

James Brent is not a property developer.

Oh yes he is a property developer.... Unless urban regeneration means something completely different?

T

Tim Chown

IJN":1wgauszi said:
Under 5,000 I would imagine.

I remember, a few weeks ago, someone wrote the words 'leave it up to the businessmen, they know best'. Perhaps that could be our epitaph. :twisted:

Well, that includes Mr Jones and Mr Brent, of course.

T

Tim Chown

Peter_Jones":2b9sbtf0 said:
Andrew Owen":2b9sbtf0 said:
- A property developer who claims to have the money but can't prove it to anyone.

So you don't think we'd see a new hotel added to his Akkeron chain as part of Plan B?

M

Marcus The Green

marin(er)":2dtox5l3 said:
IJN":2dtox5l3 said:
Under 5,000 I would imagine.

I remember, a few weeks ago, someone wrote the words 'leave it up to the businessmen, they know best'. Perhaps that could be our epitaph. :twisted:

They actually do though...... There is a lot wrong with the world today and part of that is peoples attitude and respect towards people in power. Business people, the ones with balls in society, have been creating trade, commerce, employment etc. ever since man first started trading. Letting things take their course is often the best way. None of us knows the real truth in all this but many think they do and act on assumption... Some of those actions could well prove damaging to the clubs future, some might not.

They have also been failing at business just as long. The 7 ex-directors have a big black mark next to their reputations now. Something Kevin Heaney also has with his failure of Cornish Homes.

People in power have a tendency to not be in-touch with the average person but still expect them to just sit back & let things take it's course. Even if they don't like it. I don't see any reason why people shouldn't make their feelings shown, if nobody shows an objection, there is a false assumption on the part of the powers-that-be that everything is ok.

A

Anonymous

GreenGuy":1b13xa6l said:
Peter_Jones":1b13xa6l said:
Andrew Owen":1b13xa6l said:

So you don't think we'd see a new hotel added to his Akkeron chain as part of Plan B?

Let me answer that one GG, as I asked him the same question.

No I don't, I really don't. From memory he's said something like 'I see no vailidity in that idea' (almost verbatim).

I'm sure his 'target' would be the building of the new Pavillions.

T

Tim Chown

OK, interesting!

Property development nonetheless, but would fit the theme with the Life Centre.

Peter Jones

R.I.P
Mar 4, 2004
GreenGuy":2t2p1x59 said:
Peter_Jones":2t2p1x59 said:
Andrew Owen":2t2p1x59 said:

No.

M

marin(er)

Good old mr Brent hey? Honest as the day is long, no agendas, probably build a new cricket square, a band stand and maybe keep goats up there.... I can see him there now standing there, shoulders up, chest out, looking up at the clouds as they wisp along waiting to hand out cakes to the 40,000 argyle fans that come streaming through the gates to watch us Tonk Accrington...... Good old mr Brent

T

Tim Chown

What you say Ian fits with this article...

Several developers express an interest in Plymouth Pavilions site

"Cllr Ian Bowyer, the city's Cabinet member for finance and property, said: "A number of potential developers have expressed an interest in the Pavilions site.

"Our discussions suggest there is a potential solution that would provide the continuation of arena and ice rink facilities for the city either at the Pavilions site or elsewhere in the city."

Interesting indeed. Enough space at HP?

Mar 2, 2008
marin(er)":2m1xgquz said:
Good old mr Brent hey? Honest as the day is long, no agendas, probably build a new cricket square, a band stand and maybe keep goats up there.... I can see him there now standing there, shoulders up, chest out, looking up at the clouds as they wisp along waiting to hand out cakes to the 40,000 argyle fans that come streaming through the gates to watch us Tonk Accrington...... Good old mr Brent

I thought you were not opposed to anyone taking Argyle over as long as the club remained alive?

All your keyboard warrior antics must be getting to you.

A

Anonymous

marin(er)":2ujff4zy said:

I have met both.

It's like comparing David Attenborough with Del Boy. :)

M

marin(er)

Plympton Pong":17jmv983 said:
marin(er)":17jmv983 said:

I thought you were not opposed to anyone taking Argyle over as long as the club remained alive?

I will be very pleased when the deal goes through and to be fair would not mind who gets it as long as the slimy seven are not involved. this has always been my view but all this fluffy stuff about angelic mr Brent is ridiculous... you seem to think he is god. The reality should he be involved will be very sobering.

Bodmin tew...... and if he does have the money does that mean you take all the bollocks about whatever you believe in and through it off the tamar bridge and get behind him?

M

marin(er)

IJN":2tizytw6 said:
marin(er)":2tizytw6 said:

I have met both.

It's like comparing David Attenborough with Del Boy. :)

And lets face it, David Attenborough is great at business isn't he..... Maybe Brent will build a zoo to....

Mar 2, 2008
marin(er)":3dnyy07h said:
Plympton Pong":3dnyy07h said:
marin(er)":3dnyy07h said:

I will be very pleased when the deal goes through and to be fair would not mind who gets it as long as the slimy seven are not involved. this has always been my view but all this fluffy stuff about angelic mr Brent is ridiculous... you seem to think he is god. The reality should he be involved will be very sobering.

Bodmin tew...... and if he does have the money does that mean you take all the bollocks about whatever you believe in and through it off the tamar bridge and get behind him?

Where have I ever said I think Brent is God? :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

marin(er)":ah14uh55 said:
And lets face it, David Attenborough is great at business isn't he..... Maybe Brent will build a zoo to....

So you know who I mean by 'Del Boy' then. :)

See the poll above, just try to understand the word 'perception'.