B, B or H? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

B, B or H?

Which of the three?

• Brent

Votes: 178 82.4%
  • Buttivant

Votes: 22 10.2%
  • Heaney

Votes: 16 7.4%

• Total voters

Peter Jones

R.I.P
Mar 4, 2004
marin(er)":34hnjsxn said:
Plympton Pong":34hnjsxn said:
marin(er)":34hnjsxn said:
Good old mr Brent hey? Honest as the day is long, no agendas, probably build a new cricket square, a band stand and maybe keep goats up there.... I can see him there now standing there, shoulders up, chest out, looking up at the clouds as they wisp along waiting to hand out cakes to the 40,000 argyle fans that come streaming through the gates to watch us Tonk Accrington...... Good old mr Brent

I thought you were not opposed to anyone taking Argyle over as long as the club remained alive?

All your keyboard warrior antics must be getting to you.

I will be very pleased when the deal goes through and to be fair would not mind who gets it as long as the slimy seven are not involved. this has always been my view but all this fluffy stuff about angelic mr Brent is ridiculous... you seem to think he is god. The reality should he be involved will be very sobering.

Bodmin tew...... and if he does have the money does that mean you take all the bollocks about whatever you believe in and through it off the tamar bridge and get behind him?

Just out of interest - can you be absolutely sure that none of that group are involved in any way with the Heaney bid?

M

marin(er)

It's been categorically stated as such.... Are they involved with Brent?

M

marin(er)

IJN":180cjb8n said:
marin(er)":180cjb8n said:
And lets face it, David Attenborough is great at business isn't he..... Maybe Brent will build a zoo to....

So you know who I mean by 'Del Boy' then. :)

See the poll above, just try to understand the word 'perception'.

del boy... Isn't he the one that brought in over 20million viewers on a regular basis?
Attenborough.... Think he gets about 4 million

guess people like brushing with the del boys of this world... That's my perception anyway

Peter Jones

R.I.P
Mar 4, 2004
Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
marin(er)":vf2kbve4 said:
Good old mr Brent hey? Honest as the day is long, no agendas, probably build a new cricket square, a band stand and maybe keep goats up there.... I can see him there now standing there, shoulders up, chest out, looking up at the clouds as they wisp along waiting to hand out cakes to the 40,000 argyle fans that come streaming through the gates to watch us Tonk Accrington...... Good old mr Brent

Marin(er), why do you hate Brent?

If the Heany deal falls through (and the delay indicates it is hardly smooth) will you still continue to post negatively about Brent when he is the last hope of survival?

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Peter_Jones":2vicz63k said:
Chris Dennis":2vicz63k said:
marin(er)":2vicz63k said:
It's been categorically stated as such.... Are they involved with Brent?

Heaney 'categorically denied' he was taking any interest in Argyle a few days after setting up PAFC 2011 with a registered address at his property in Truro.

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/Tru...1-Argyle-bid/story-11451083-detail/story.html

Chris, I thought that that company was registered at Parkhurst-Hill?

Peter, the company's registered office is Home Park. This is the address shown on the original incorporation docuements. The company formation agent used was York Place.

Thankfully Parkhurst Hill not involved.

M

marin(er)

Womble":263u8oor said:
marin(er)":263u8oor said:

If the Heany deal falls through (and the delay indicates it is hardly smooth) will you still continue to post negatively about Brent when he is the last hope of survival?

I don't hate Brent, I think he looks like a decent chap. it's just that he didn't win the bid. Always a reason why that is. In business if you want something enough you can generally obtain it. I have already congratulated the trust on securing A meeting regarding plan B but at this point it won't be needed.
I am an Argyle supporter and I am alert enough to know that we should not be alive now but we are. Heaney has put money forward and is enabling us to continue. alll this stuff about morals and the like are ridiculous.... They don't exist in football.
I just can't stomach all this twoddle on here about how really really bad Heaney is and how really really lovely Brent is...... Truth is we don't really know.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
marin(er)":xxugd27m said:
Womble":xxugd27m said:
marin(er)":xxugd27m said:

I don't hate Brent, I think he looks like a decent chap. it's just that he didn't win the bid. Always a reason why that is. In business if you want something enough you can generally obtain it. I have already congratulated the trust on securing A meeting regarding plan B but at this point it won't be needed.
I am an Argyle supporter and I am alert enough to know that we should not be alive now but we are. Heaney has put money forward and is enabling us to continue. alll this stuff about morals and the like are ridiculous.... They don't exist in football.
I just can't stomach all this twoddle on here about how really really bad Heaney is and how really really lovely Brent is...... Truth is we don't really know.

Heany has not put enough money forward to allow us to continue.

M

Marcus The Green

marin(er)":2h8tfptv said:
Womble":2h8tfptv said:
marin(er)":2h8tfptv said:

Heaney has only put in £300k, to say that is enabling us to continue is quite laughable. We have made more with player sales than he has put in so far.

Heaney only "won" because he would pay for exclusivity & chose to scratch the backs of the previous board by offering more to the secured creditors.

It doesn't mean his bid is the best or he has the most money just that in the laws of administration, Brendan Guilfoyle had no option but to choose this bid over James Brents.

gil

Feb 22, 2008
marin(er)":gabyfjwx said:
Womble":gabyfjwx said:
marin(er)":gabyfjwx said:

Marin(er), like many others I've been reading your posts for some time now, despite them becoming increasingly tedious. It occurs to me that in amongst your constant rhetoric you do sometimes come out with some absurd statements like the one highlighted above. It really is an exageration to claim that posters juxtapose Heaney and Brent in such extreme ways and are making decisions about them based upon no facts at all. They are both business men and therefore motivated largely by profit but their respective track records do give an indication as to how they pursue those profits and that is what most fans are using to assess the two bidders. In fact that is all we do have to go on - both their previous business histories and their behaviour with regards to Argyle over the past few months. So I would suggest that on the evidence so far we DO actually "really know".

For myself I would rather see a reluctant bidder with a good track record and the prospect of the survival of the club in the long term, albeit with some very lean years as the club is rebuilt, than a so called anonymous bidder with a poor track record and a seemingly asset stripping plan for the club which in my view would provide very little security for the long term.

M

marin(er)

My posts may well be tedious but let me ask you some questions

1 What assets is Heaney going to strip then bearing in mind the M7 lost us the ground?
2 Are you saying that every person who suffers bankruptcy whether in business or personally should be cast onto the tip?
3 How do you know that Brent IS the man then? Based on the fact that you said you did..

and please, don't give me any of this moral carp.... he is a business man, a property developer and WILL not be doing anything for argyle simply for the love of god....

my point is and always has been that we don't know enough about any of them and despite what you might think we really need to get things sorted. the rescue package will see us being rescued whilst in the Ryman League although we won't need it anyway.