Bolton Away | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bolton Away

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Bernie Bernbaum":1picq0qj said:
Who was the Chichester goalkeeper? He wanted to draw us.
His name is Ant Ender and he said he is an Argyle fan.

There was also a Maldon and Tiptree goalscorer interviewed called Jorome Slew. He looked like Jordan Slew (ex Argyle) but he plays for Boston United now. Surely, they must be brothers. A bit of research suggests he once played for Mousehole.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
davie nine":1moucgvu said:
Bernie Bernbaum":1moucgvu said:

There was also a Maldon and Tiptree goalscorer interviewed called Jorome Slew. He looked like Jordan Slew (ex Argyle) but he plays for Boston United now. Surely, they must be brothers. A bit of research suggests he once played for Mousehole.

It's Steve Mowthorpe.

May 22, 2006
Emu":3siu6pez said:
davie nine":3siu6pez said:
Bernie Bernbaum":3siu6pez said:

It's Steve Mowthorpe.

Agreed it was Steve Mowthorpe but not sure why he supports Argyle. He was once on Southampton’s books and has been based on South coast, playing for AFC Totton.

Let’s hope he gets his wish in the second round and we get to play Chichester. Green Army v. Green Army.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
JannerinCardiff":37f85xs5 said:
oddball":37f85xs5 said:
big ground plenty of seats

Must admit.. it will be a new stadium for me so I’m keen to go..

Been there when Wednesday were in the Prem - so you can tell it’s a bloody long time ago :mad:
It’s just another soul less bowl, like so many others. Just like HP would have been if they’d built it all the way round. At least we’ve still got a bit of character left at HP. It’s why so many away fans love Hillsborough :scarf:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
davie nine":2d0kj8dd said:
Bernie Bernbaum":2d0kj8dd said:

Further research shows that they are indeed brothers and both came up through the Sheffield United academy. Jorome is 6 years younger than Jordan.

Sep 13, 2003
pastiesforlife":7vba9l2s said:
Emu":7vba9l2s said:
davie nine":7vba9l2s said:
Bernie Bernbaum":7vba9l2s said:

It's Steve Mowthorpe.

Agreed it was Steve Mowthorpe but not sure why he supports Argyle. He was once on Southampton’s books and has been based on South coast, playing for AFC Totton.

Let’s hope he gets his wish in the second round and we get to play Chichester. Green Army v. Green Army.

Looking at his Twitter account he served in the Royal Navy so must have been based in Plymouth at some point.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Keepitgreen":7mwaul97 said:
davie nine":7mwaul97 said:
Bernie Bernbaum":7mwaul97 said:

Further research shows that they are indeed brothers and both came up through the Sheffield United academy. Jorome is 6 years younger than Jordan.
I can’t compete with your research. I even got the Chichester keeper wrong.
Cheers, KIG!!!

Wexford Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
✅ Evergreen
Jan 20, 2005
Ballygarrett, County Wexford, Ireland
My only visit to Bolton to watch Argyle was at Burnden Park. I can't remember the year, but we lost 7-2. I think Crudgie even air kicked a back pass or weak shot that ended up in the net.

Not a day to remember but surely we won't suffer the same fate this time?

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
I was there. Crudgie broke his finger . we had already used our only sub so he moved to centre forward & Nisbet went in goal; both were dreadful in their unfamiliar roles. I went to get a beer to bring back to my seat (those were the days) & missed Paul Dalton's wonder goal.....just a typical afternoon in watching Argyle.

Jun 27, 2019
German Shepherd":o66d5vmo said:
I was there. Crudgie broke his finger . we had already used our only sub so he moved to centre forward & Nisbet went in goal; both were dreadful in their unfamiliar roles. I went to get a beer to bring back to my seat (those were the days) & missed Paul Dalton's wonder goal.....just a typical afternoon in watching Argyle.

Wouldn't have been Paul Dalton... wrong era.