Brief Synopsis (Sponsored by Bromleigh House Ltd) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis (Sponsored by Bromleigh House Ltd)

Aug 5, 2016
Martyn":3feftbfp said:
philevs":3feftbfp said:
Clueless performance. Especially RL’s inept use of substitutions.

What inept substitutions, ???

Thought his subs, were spot on.

How can you say they were “spot on” when none of them really did anything? Grant got some good crosses in and that is about it. Number us posters on here called for his introduction at HT so I shalln’t credit Lowe with that masterstroke.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
We didn't have an answer to Northampton's dogged defending. Right from the start we were closed down quickly on a bobbly surface, we looked over-confident, Lewis was shocking first-half.

Too many substitutions by RL and I'm not clear why Jephcott stayed on instead of Hardie or why Camara came off.

One of those games when we could have played on and on and not scored. We just didn't get the ball into their box often or quick enough for my liking.

Sep 7, 2006
There were faults all over the place, but I can't help wondering what might have been had we started with a more attacking line up. In particular, Reeves in for Fornah. I really value the role Fornah plays and the protection he gives us - it was super evident in the first half against Lincoln at the weekend. But do we need to be so cautious against a team right the bottom? Had we battered them in the first 20 and got the goal, well - it would have been a different game. Instead, we switched from side to side so slowly (Lewis aside - why did he get taken off?), and with Mayor peripheral, we lacked any kind of bite whatsoever. As an aside, will we ever score from a corner?

Incredibly frustrating to watch. But I guess, it really wouldn't be Argyle without nights like this. If you want unfettered success, support Man City...

Aug 24, 2009
Before the game the writing was on the wall, Lewis for Grant, you must be joking, when Grant came on the difference was enormous. Woods at the back was rubbish, Jephcott missed a few chances, If I was him I would concentrate on doing the business for us in front of goal because at the moment his way off it, Hardie and Ennis are no different. Lolas is improving. Tonight was a game where we needed experience on the field, after Saturdays game there was always the likelihood that all we had to do was turn up and the job was done, Poor selection, Poor tactics (long Ball). In my opinion another big mistake by our leader, I've no idea why he changed it

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Entirely predictable after the performance on Saturday. No need for any breakdown- we’ve all seen it so many times before.
On a disappointing night, the performances of Lewis and Woods particularly let themselves down. And Moore for Edwards? I thought we had learned that doesn’t raise our game.
After being thoroughly peed off we couldn’t be there on Saturday, the Green Army had a lucky escape tonight.

Oh - Lloyd Jones had a good game for them

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
We're a mid table side all over really, we sometimes win when we shouldn't & we sometimes lose when we shouldn't, we're inconsistent. There's no need to go crazy over tonight, similarly we shouldn't get carried away when we win. We'll consolidate & next season is the test.

Dec 29, 2011
A carbon copy of the performance 3 years ago when Northampton were in serious relegation trouble and we had a chance of play offs.Outfought just like that day.Llloyd Jones seemed to enjoy the result judging by the look on his face at the end.Northampton thoroughly deserved the result as we were clueless tonight .

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Based on assumption Opoku won't be fit for Donny.

Will Sawyer get the call or does young Tomlinson get the chance to step up into an already young defence?

Oct 5, 2013
Martyn":3he83rm2 said:
philevs":3he83rm2 said:
Clueless performance. Especially RL’s inept use of substitutions.

What inept substitutions, ???

Thought his subs, were spot on.

Imo, the personnel choices were right, the timings were way out. Why so late?
It was obvious after 20 mins that Lewis was having a 'mare, should have been replaced at half-time.
It was also obvious after 30 mins that Jephcott and Hardie was not working, but Hardie was not replaced until 68 mins.
It was clear after 10 mins of the second half that we were not going to score with the personnel we had on the pitch, so why did RL wait until 22 mins to go, and we were 2-0 down, until making a substitution, and then do FOUR at the same time?
I call that clueless.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
It was Benjamin Franklin who is attributed to have written 'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.' He left out 'and Argyle losing to a struggling team bottom of the league, days after beating one of the top sides.' :sigh:

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Awful performances all round.

Conor Grant must start not Lewis. Did far more in his spell.

Awful miscontrol from Edwards in the lead up to goal two then a woeful header by Mayor.

Hardie was shocking...just seems not that switched on in terms of making an angled run for the wing back to play a channel ball.
He only needed to carry on running towards the goal when Lewis put his one decent cross in and he'd have a tap in. He doesn't seem to be sharp of either mind or boot at present.

The movement of the ball across the back was ponderous and predictable. The distribution was beyond poor. If it's got to go forward into the strikers long then make an early decision, lost count of the amount of times an attempted pass by Aimson was deflected or blocked because it had taken so long for him to decide what to do. Mind you, the ones he did get away were generally aimless too.

Reeves was an improvement in terms of taking us forward because neither Fornah or (more surprisingly) Camara carried the ball forward at all this evening.

Cooper, Grant and Reeves can have some points. The rest only came to life at 2-0 after 60 minutes of utter complacency.

Sep 6, 2006
phil-thefluter24":38essp7w said:
The trouble is now this result might send that awful team on a good run now & heaven forbid they might stay up

Why would that concern us? :crazy:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i am furious with this abject effort.where was the urgency?i have posted this before and will again now,please argyle players when you play the ball to your team mate put the ball in front of him in order to run with momentum!it is maddening to constantly see the ball put behind the player and they have to stretch back to get it.finally,are we the only team from kick off who whack the ball out and immediately give the ball to the opposition?man of the match cooper.

Oct 5, 2013
Steve Evans":2lm3si2t said:
i am furious with this abject effort.where was the urgency?i have posted this before and will again now,please argyle players when you play the ball to your team mate put the ball in front of him in order to run with momentum!it is maddening to constantly see the ball put behind the player and they have to stretch back to get it.finally,are we the only team from kick off who whack the ball out and immediately give the ball to the opposition?man of the match cooper.

Feel exactly the same way about the constant passing slightly behind the player, instead of just in front so that he can keep his (and the team's) momentum.