Brief synopsis | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
PL2 3DQ":f6t7c4oq said:
An absolute shambles.

The second half performance is the worst I've seen for years, the administration team from 2011 had more fight than this lot.

The game ended with Argyle fans chanting 'you're not fit to wear the shirt'.

Bizarrely, Derek Adams strolled around the dug out area long after all players and officials had left the pitch. He was alone and was there for a good 10 minutes, maybe collecting his thoughts?
It really was odd to see.

O'Keefe just strolled around the pitch offering no challenge or effort.
The biggest cheer from the Argyle fans was when Macey actually caught a ball. He really was poor, his kicking nearly always found the touch line, his saves were pushed back into the danger area and he was totally scared of the ball.

Lameiras went missing, great when he has the ball but a liability when we need players in the trenches.

Moore started well but fell apart although he was probably our best player.

After all his problems it's such a shame to see Edwards reduced to this awful performance. He was nervous all game and his early mistake gave Oxford an early goal.
He should have been replaced at half time as should Smith-Brown who was on one and a half yellow cards by the 45th minute.

The really sad thing is that Oxford were not that good but if they had been wearing their shooting boots they would have scored 5 or 6 as the shots were unloaded towards Macey.
Of course Mackie and Nelson had to score.

We did have a good spell for about 15 minutes in the first half when we created a few chances but Ladapo (twice) and O'Keefe with a shot from 10 yards could convert.
But you can't play well for just 15 minutes!

The Argyle fans were generously restrained for most of the game before letting rip with gallows humour (que sara, sara. ... we're going to Forest Green) and letting the players know what we think of them.

We also had a red card for Songo'o, some of our tackles were dirty and desperate.

Adams is obviously under pressure and by staying in the dug out at the end is strange but no manager can justify the performance of the players in that second half.

They let us down!

Man of the match by default - Moore.

Macey 3, Moore 6, Edwards 3, P Grant 5, Smith-Brown 5, Songo'o 5, Fox 5, Carey 5, O'Keefe 3, Lameiras 4, Ladapo 5. Subs J Grant 5, Wylde 5, Canavan 5.

Fully agree with those ratings..

Jul 13, 2006
JannerinCardiff":1bdwqpjm said:
greenplumber":1bdwqpjm said:
Awful game made Oxford look good, agree with Pl2 O’Keefe does nothing, apart from missing an open goal from 6 yards. None of the players could tackle without committing a foul. Then Two former players score to add insult to injury. Very poor performance by all throughout. When we were two nil down he replaces Ruben with a defender when Carey did nothing all match. Sorry to say at the moment we are nailed on certs for relegation if these performances continue.

I’ve absolutely no idea why we signed O’Keefe.

I've got no idea why we signed any of them.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
JannerinCardiff":3oyzrklo said:
greenplumber":3oyzrklo said:
Awful game made Oxford look good, agree with Pl2 O’Keefe does nothing, apart from missing an open goal from 6 yards. None of the players could tackle without committing a foul. Then Two former players score to add insult to injury. Very poor performance by all throughout. When we were two nil down he replaces Ruben with a defender when Carey did nothing all match. Sorry to say at the moment we are nailed on certs for relegation if these performances continue.

I’ve absolutely no idea why we signed O’Keefe.

Shame, against Wimbledon he looked like he was starting to settle in and have a decent game. By the sounds of it, that might have been a flash in the pan.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
That was just plain awful.

Game started with their player strolling through midfield and then Edwards made a shocker of a mistake. Goal by Mackie after 3 mins. Oxford carved out a couple of chances and we grew into the game. Moore was looking full of intent by making good runs down the line. We missed a couple of good chances with the best falling to the invisible o'keefe.
We got to half time 1-0 but I was seeing the possibility that we could get back into the game.
2nd half and we had one attack then Oxford just started to dominate. We could not hold onto the ball at all and our midfield vanished. All wafer thin confidence disappeared. The inevitable 2nd goal came and it was Nelson. He didn't celebrate but was a happy bunny.
Songo got sent off for a late challenge on Mackie. 2nd yellow. Must say all 3 1st half bookings were weak yellows if there is such a thing.
The 2nd half was the worst Argyle performance since Fletchers team at the foot of the league.

Macey - 4 His handling is woeful. Kicking poor.
Moore - 7 MoM. Looked lively in the 1st half. Spent all the 2nd defending with lack of cover.
Edwards - 3 Sorry but you should not be playing. Amazing to have recovered but there is clearly 10% missing for me.
Grant - 6 2nd best Argyle player on the pitch.
Smith-Brown - 4 Worst game in an Argyle shirt. DA had to take him off before he got sent off.
Fox - 5 Was doing OK in the 1st half as they weren't putting him under pressure. 1 season too far now. Sad as he is a cultured player
Songo - 4 Put himself about. Should never have been booked in the first but there you go. Certainly deserved the 2nd yellow.
O'Keefe - 3 Dreadful. Just do not know what he brings to this team.
Lamerias - 4 Tried some jinking runs and 1 great bit of skill in the 1st but without the base platform in the centre of the park he doesn't get into the game.
Carey - 5 Lots of effort and lots of shouting at everyone else. Couple of tries but nothing came off.
Ladapo - 4. No service. A couple of good runs into space but he does not have the nous the play up front. He is the type I would want to come off the bench and use his pace to run said channels.

Wylde - 5 Didn't do anything right or wrong
Grant - 5 Tried but the game was gone
Canavan - n/a

I'm a supporter of DA but I fear that we might be too buried this time to escape.
Where did the problems start? Last season when we faltered on our exceptional run. Why? Our squad was too thin and badly exposed to injuries. So in order to rectify that we signed squad fillers. Now that's not so bad in essence if the team are winning. These players dip in and out. However this season we and the manager have seen that the "fillers" are not up to standard.
It's all very painful.
Is sacking him going to solve anything. I'm not so sure. any new manager will have the same group of players and extreme lack of pace to deal with.
There are very few managers capable of turning things around. Warnock is one of them but as it stands he is still employed!
I do believe in long term appointments and boards sticking by their managers but even my patience is running thin.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
First half was poor. Oxford 1-0 was probably about right.

Second half was completely different. We were a lot, lot worse than poor.

Technically and tactically appalling. I'm still not quite Adams out but I am getting closer and closer to the fence due to this dire team has set up, both personnel-wise and tactics-wise.

Macey 4 - some good saves avoids a really a low mark, as his kicking was dreadful and his catching makes Jake Cole's look good.

Moore 5 - capitalised on their poor left back a few times, got up and down the line well - didn't do much once he got there though.
Edwards 1 - I feel partly bad for giving out a 1, but also part of me is wondering what he actually did to even deserve 1 mark.
Peter Grant 5 - the only one who didn't get worse in the second half.
ASB 4 - some good underlapping runs but he could easily have been sent off.
Songo'o 4 - slows our play down too much. For all of the love he gets for scrapping away for everything, our football is compromised because of him. Not technically good enough.
Fox 4 - wayward passing early on. Most of the 2nd half was played over his head in fairness.
O'Keefe 4 - likewise.
Lameiras 2 - shocking. I'll let him off this one as we know how good he normally is.
Carey 5 - the only player out there who looked League 1 standard.
Ladapo 4 - I'll defend him a bit today as the service into him was abysmal. However, when he did get the ball, didn't do enough with it.

Subs - I can't even be arsed.

Adams - sort this out, or leave. Simple as that.

B

Bonehead

Biggs":onclm1cn said:
Speaking literally, what’s going on at HP is complete instability both physically and in the running of the club.

Both on and off the pitch, we just can’t get any foundation or consistency going. Of which of course Adams has to take major responsibility as well.

Colour me very worried, but we ARE only four points off safety with 33 games to go.

CLOWN

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
plymouth1970":afzvsxzf said:
Biggs":afzvsxzf said:
Speaking literally, what’s going on at HP is complete instability both physically and in the running of the club.

Both on and off the pitch, we just can’t get any foundation or consistency going. Of which of course Adams has to take major responsibility as well.

Colour me very worried, but we ARE only four points off safety with 33 games to go.

CLOWN

Sorry, what’s actually happening is that this is a big conspiracy and Adams is doing it deliberately because he hates the club.

Did I leave anything out?

B

Bonehead

Biggs":1fiemfgh said:
plymouth1970":1fiemfgh said:
Biggs":1fiemfgh said:

CLOWN

Sorry, what’s actually happening is that this is a big conspiracy and Adams is doing it deliberately because he hates the club.

Geddon Coco

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
plymouth1970":1o2ksw25 said:
Biggs":1o2ksw25 said:
plymouth1970":1o2ksw25 said:
Biggs":1o2ksw25 said:

CLOWN

Geddon Coco

1970. Wind your neck and have a discussion. Just name calling is not on.

Heed the warning.

Mar 16, 2009
London
plymouth1970":33oekt3b said:
Biggs":33oekt3b said:

CLOWN

Please tell me you weren’t actually born in 1970?

That would make you an adult.

Biggs makes more inciteful points than most on here.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
2 words sums that up today

Removed - We have a swear check for a reason. Breach it and you can have a week off.

and that should be DA's post match debrief and note to self

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
samjones":3ryrxjom said:
2 words sums that up today

XXXXX XXXXXXXXX

and that should be DA's post match debrief and note to self
Please don’t swear.

Some are a little fragile on here tonight

Dec 3, 2005
So we are TWO nil down and our Manager makes a substitution.
Canavan a defender I believe (on his CV) replacing Lamiras one of our better attacking players.
Message I get from that is our Manager was happy not to win or draw the game, but wanted to limit the goal difference.
That IMHO is NOT the way I want a Manager of Argyle to react.

Tom Cobbley

Jam First
Aug 7, 2011
Oldham
Worse performance since the David Kemp era. Poor passing, tackling, marking, you name it. What are these players being coached, problem is who do you drop and bring in, they are all as bad as each other. Confidence now must be at an all time low and its hard to see anything changing.

The only bright spot was the final whistle